DJI Phantom 3 standard no wifi available

Reaction score
Bye
I'm new on the forum
I've a big problem with my phantom 3 standard.
I've the phantom since last month and I had no problem with th drone.
yesterday the wifi connection between rc and controller was dead.
I've tryed different devices but nothing went fine.
the remote controller can comunicate with the aircraft but it generates no wifi network.
I've tryed all the possible way to fix this problem i've also tryed to update firmware with the SD methodo (the P3S don't support this method), relink the bird and the controller and reset wifi ssid and password on the RC.
I'm very scared for this issue.
other detail: the status led on the controller is solid red, the leds on the bird are GGRGGRGGRGGR and the beeping is like this - - DD - -.
thank you for helping me
Rome, Italy

(After 1.6.8 update) Phantom 3S Weak RC signal problem SOLVED!!!
Search this it might help

Bye
I'm new on the forum
I've a big problem with my phantom 3 standard.
I've the phantom since last month and I had no problem with th drone.
yesterday the wifi connection between rc and controller was dead.
I've tryed different devices but nothing went fine.
the remote controller can comunicate with the aircraft but it generates no wifi network.
I've tryed all the possible way to fix this problem i've also tryed to update firmware with the SD methodo (the P3S don't support this method), relink the bird and the controller and reset wifi ssid and password on the RC.
I'm very scared for this issue.
other detail: the status led on the controller is solid red, the leds on the bird are GGRGGRGGRGGR and the beeping is like this - - DD - -.
thank you for helping me
Rome, Italy

Welcome to the Forum!

On a Standard the WiFi comes from the remote, So if don't see a WiFi signal on your mobile device the problem is in the remote, no where else. There is a nice utility, so far its only been on a Android call WiFi analyzer, by farproc.

BTW, I never really thought of it untill now, but I think a pc with WiFi would be able to see the signal from your remote also.

Let us know,

Rod

I saw this exact same thing the other day. New area ( by the coast) and neither my iPhone 6s nor my iPad mini2 could see the wifi from the RC. Drove home (an hour away) turned on RC and straight away I could see on both devices. I have completed the PapaTita 27db mod.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I saw this exact same thing the other day. New area ( by the coast) and neither my iPhone 6s nor my iPad mini2 could see the wifi from the RC. Drove home (an hour away) turned on RC and straight away I could see on both devices. I have completed the PapaTita 27db mod.
Wow, this is weird, and interesting.
Defiantly no need to try down grading re-inking phantom, etc if you can't see the remote. With your mobile.

Rod

Hi

The happened to me when I bought a new P3 std the other week. After first switching everything on it worked fine. Then the app asked me to update the firmware, which I did. From that point I could not see the phantom SSID and therefore unable to do anything. Contact DJI Chat, what a joke!

I took the unit back and got a replacement and its asking me again to update the firmware. Obviously I am ignoring this.

I had wifi problems to with my standard. Took it back and upgraded to the advanced. I know it's not within everyone's budget (including mine... Git it on the pay monthly option) but I always tell people to go for the advanced as a minimum as light bridge makes such a big difference from wifi

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: monkeychops
Def. Had no problems with it. In a but up area I can go around 1600feet high before I lose signal and distance wise I can go about 600 feet before it loses signal. But that's also because I am near a railway and it's heavily populated but i have not yet tried it in a field

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

You might try going to your device (Android or iOS) and deleting all existing Wi-Fi connections. Then re-scan and see if it sees the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl