Argtek Singal Booster vs Omni Singal Booster vs simple Copper Parabolic Antenna for Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
So I want to get a signal booster for my phantom 3 standard controller and three types of boosters seem to be the most common options. I was curious if anyone else has experience using these brands of signal boosters and what their experience has been.

Last edited:
The cheap reflector type is worth a try, it was enough to more than double my P3 range. I also had a P3 with a small powered booster (Itelite) that was even a bit better yet. Of course the Argtek probably gives the best range..at least according to member reviews. Only you will know what is the best bang for the buck.
Don't spend too much, longer range drones at great prices are available used if an upgrade is in order.

So I want to get a signal booster for my phantom 3 standard controller and three types of boosters seem to be the most common options. I was curious if anyone else has experience using these brands of signal boosters and what their experience has been.
I use the parabolic antennas on my Inspire 1, P4P and Mavic Pro and there is a significant signal boost in all 3. The parabolic antennas are definitely the most bang for the buck.

D

I've tried the parabolic reflector type also, but I settled on the Itelite DBS range extender for my P3S's. Much better range and signal strength at distance and altitude. There are probably newer brands and models out there, but for now my Itelite DBS works well. It is model # ITE-DBS01.4 Website is......"itedbs.com" if you'd like more info. They will install the DBS for you if you aren't sure of what you're doing. Actually it is simple to install with basic tools and skill. Hope this helps.

So I ended up going with the cheap parabolic antenna and it has worked great. Now I have no issues with connectivity or range.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
So I ended up going with the cheap parabolic antenna and it has worked great. Now I have no issues with connectivity or range.
Great. Just be sure your RTH settings and home point are set correctly at takeoff. If your signal drops out unexpectedly, your drone with return to home as designed....at a preset altitude. An 'autoland' setting would be a big issue if the drone is off exploring the countryside on its own and signal is lost.

Great. Just be sure your RTH settings and home point are set correctly at takeoff. If your signal drops out unexpectedly, your drone with return to home as designed....at a preset altitude. An 'autoland' setting would be a big issue if the drone is off exploring the countryside on its own and signal is lost.
If a drone erroneously goes into any intelligent mode (like RTH), it is instantly negated with ATTI mode. Sometimes I'll allow RTH to bring the drone halfway home or get it started in the right direction, but I've never allowed RTH to completely bring the drone home and land it. RTH is inefficient and doesn't do a glide slope. I like the efficiency of a glide slope so I never let RTH fully land the drone. Just food for thought.

D

Yep. I was referring to loss of signal going to autoland, just in case the OP's settings were that way. Then it becomes a 'search and rescue' for the bird. I have trackers on mine, but would like to avoid tracking one down if ya' know what I mean.

Mine has lost signal occasionally on long distance flights beyond VLOS (shhhhh), and the RTH kicks in along with set return altitude. Once back in range I re-establish connection and hand fly it home. I too would never trust an autoland. Got too many Phantom magnet trees around here.....

Reactions: Harleydude
If I ever lose connection and it goes to RTH I always try to reconnect and land manually. I do not trust the autoland with the phantom 3 standard. I also never beyond VLOS.

In my opinion go for the argtec, it made my connection en camera stream so much more stable (phantom se)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl