Phantom 3 standard remote can't pair with iPhone

Reaction score
Hi folks-I have a Phantom 3 standard drone, which worked wonderfully as of several months back. The drone and remote sat for some months without use. I fully charged both, and went to use the drone. The remote flies the drone properly, but I can't get the remote to pair with any iOS device; I've tried multiple phones. The instructions say to join the "Phantom3_XXX" network, but none of my iOS devices see one. It's as if the remote isn't generating a wi-fi network. I need to record with the drone. I have tried to enter the wi-fi reset mode on the remote; it just causes the indicator light to flash red/green repeatedly. No "tone". Called support and they said that the remote may have "entered hibernation mode". Not sure what this means.

Is there a fix to the wi-fi network issue?

Alternately, Is there a way to record without it being paired to an iOS device? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: BillyN
Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure I can help you out, I have you got anywhere yet?

Rod ..

Last edited:
Can't help with iOS. Android sees remote. Vass is dis "tone" you speak? Are these newer phones.? My remote has a camera button. Let us know any more info and check this site out by searching for that issue. If its happened to others the solution will be here....or there. R

Hi folks-I have a Phantom 3 standard drone, which worked wonderfully as of several months back. The drone and remote sat for some months without use. I fully charged both, and went to use the drone. The remote flies the drone properly, but I can't get the remote to pair with any iOS device; I've tried multiple phones. The instructions say to join the "Phantom3_XXX" network, but none of my iOS devices see one. It's as if the remote isn't generating a wi-fi network. I need to record with the drone. I have tried to enter the wi-fi reset mode on the remote; it just causes the indicator light to flash red/green repeatedly. No "tone". Called support and they said that the remote may have "entered hibernation mode". Not sure what this means.

Is there a fix to the wi-fi network issue?

Alternately, Is there a way to record without it being paired to an iOS device? Thanks for the help.

Can you try an ANdroid device to see if its specific to IOS or if the remote is faulty

Have you tried clearing the phone's network settings and reboot the phone and then see if the phone will see the remote's wifi SSID?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl