DJI did it again! Worst Customer Service in the World!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
DJI has been stringing me along now since September about a problem with my P4P 2. When I sent it in, they lied and said the upper and lower shells were damage as well as the battery compartment. There was no damage at all and they were just trying to blame me for the problem. One rep said that I must have had a hard landing. I had sent them my synced flight logs and from the first flight I took it flew extremely slow before I even landed it. Caught them in their first lie! If the battery compartment had been damaged they wouldn't have been able to check the data from the drone either. More B.S. from them! They wanted $153.00 to repair it even though it wasn't damaged at all. I kept calling them every day and they'd tell me the same thing - "We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.". I told them that it was under a 1 year warranty and you don't pay for repair on a warrantied product. They kept telling me they'd review my case and then they'd send me a new invoice saying the same thing. No way was I going to pay$153.00. I then got a call from one of the managers because I had posted the problem on this forum. He said if I deleted my post on the forum, they'd send me a brand new drone. I get the package and it was a used drone that one of the supervisors told me was brand new. It was malfunctioning as well. After checking the logs through the DJI Assistant 2 app I noticed it had been flown multiple times during a 3 day period in August. I called back (1 of probably 50 or more calls I've had to make to them) and one of the service techs told me it had been returned and repaired in August but was flying properly. First, the manager lied to me about getting a new drone. If I had wanted a used drone, I would have purchased one for less money. Then the supervisor lied to me and then who ever said the drone was fixed and working like new was lying to me as well. I twice spoke to a different supervisor last week. Then this morning after receiving an email saying it had been fixed and will be shipped within 3 days. I told him last week that I didn't want them shipping back that used drone. I wanted either a new drone or credit on my DJI account. He told me earlier today that he'd hold the shipment and speak with a manager. Tonight I get an email showing shipped out with a UPS tracking number. I had to call them back AGAIN and it was like talking to a brick wall. They just keep giving me the run around. I told him that when the used drone and controller arrive, I'm shipping them right back. It's mid November now, freezing temps, snow and high winds here in Canada. How will I test it? I told him this was inexcusable and unacceptable and that I wanted to speak to a manager. He said he'd try to have one contact me. I've been told that multiple times so excuse me if I don't believe him. I've watched YouTube videos, other posts on this site and other sites. The consensus is the same from almost all of them - DJI has the worst customer service ever! I'm going to keep posting until DJI notices again and the decides to do something about my situation.

Reactions: The Roach
They are the worst. I had similar problems and it took me almost 6 weeks to get it repaired. It was a camera/gimbal issue and they tried to charge me, the P4 advanced was 6 or 7 weeks old and had never been crashed or landed hard. I also only got it resolved after sending them screenshots of everything I was posting on the DJI forums and DJI/Drone facebook pages. Pretty sad when you have to go to those extremes to get a warranty job resolved.

Last edited:
I then got a call from one of the managers because I had posted the problem on this forum. He said if I deleted my post on the forum, they'd send me a brand new drone.
Sorry but we are not a DJI forum and you are the first I have seen post of this happening. Please send me in a message or post it here a link of that post you speak of .

Reactions: Rick218
Tell me about it... They already told me that if I deleted my post they'd send me a new drone. I waited and when I saw it was a used one, I didn't delete my original post. Like I say, I'm going to keep posting multiple times a day if I have to. They just don't understand what a warranty is and what customer service should be.

Reactions: Gilescoley
Tell me about it... They already told me that if I deleted my post they'd send me a new drone. I waited and when I saw it was a used one, I didn't delete my original post. Like I say, I'm going to keep posting multiple times a day if I have to. They just don't understand what a warranty is and what customer service should be.

So where is your original post?

I've not dug into it too much but IIRC DJI has it written into their policies that they have the option of repairing or replacing the unit with a refurbed unit at their discretion, By using their product you are agreeing to their terms and service like it or not.

If you're not happy with that then sell the product ASAP and buy one from another manufacturer or if it's not gone too long now you can try to dispute it with your CC company but you'll probably have to surrender the unit to get the claim resolved.

While I understand you have a major issue with DJI and their customer service this forum isn't the means to discuss this in detail. Please refrain from going down that rabbit hole going forward.

Hopefully you'll find a middle ground with them.

Allen

Forum Guidelines
Community Guidelines

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

As has been said.....This is NOT A DJI FORUM. We can understand frustration but you need to express that elsewhere. Continued duplicate posts here in an effort to influence DJI, will get you nowhere You are wasting your own time.

I've gotten three DJI products that had issues right out of the box, but my dealer took them back since I discovered all within a week. I really don't think DJI Service cares and would prefer you to go away or pay them no matter what. If it's any help, you can read their BBB complaints here: BBB Consumer Complaints. The score used to be two stars, and now one and half with 451 complaints. They are BBB members so they may get away with more since they pay for membership.

Personally, I won't buy anymore DJI products. I have an Inspire 2 and now they issued a warning about the $300/pr. of batteries shutting off in flight and the entire thing falling. An "update soon " is promised, but they take months at times and then they'll tell you "The batteries only have a 6 month warranty so buy new ones" as one reported on their own website. Just make you wait out the warranty expiration with buggy software, firmware, or hardware so they can charge you.

I think you are better off taking it to some independent to fix rather than dealing with DJI and their "Swap it out for another used one" policy. You'll have to pay and toss the warranty out, but you probably will get yours back fixed - maybe. Who knows, they could take a pristine one and give you back some well used one, then sell the better looking one on their website as a refurb with an even better warranty offered than the serviced one returned.

Imho, of course. Good luck!

I've gotten three DJI products that had issues right out of the box, but my dealer took them back since I discovered all within a week. I really don't think DJI Service cares and would prefer you to go away or pay them no matter what. If it's any help, you can read their BBB complaints here: BBB Consumer Complaints. The score used to be two stars, and now one and half with 451 complaints. They are BBB members so they may get away with more since they pay for membership.

Personally, I won't buy anymore DJI products. I have an Inspire 2 and now they issued a warning about the $300/pr. of batteries shutting off in flight and the entire thing falling. An "update soon " is promised, but they take months at times and then they'll tell you "The batteries only have a 6 month warranty so buy new ones" as one reported on their own website. Just make you wait out the warranty expiration with buggy software, firmware, or hardware so they can charge you.

I think you are better off taking it to some independent to fix rather than dealing with DJI and their "Swap it out for another used one" policy. You'll have to pay and toss the warranty out, but you probably will get yours back fixed - maybe. Who knows, they could take a pristine one and give you back some well used one, then sell the better looking one on their website as a refurb with an even better warranty offered than the serviced one returned.

Imho, of course. Good luck!

I can't tell from your post whether you have had any experiences, let alone bad ones, with DJI Customer Support.

Reactions: Python 1
I don't know how, but after I posted about the terrible customer service, one of the DJI managers called me up and wanted me to delete my post then they'd ship me a new drone. At least one of the moderators from this forum tried to do something about it and it obviously worked because a manager did call me.

Sorry but we are not a DJI forum and you are the first I have seen post of this happening. Please send me in a message or post it here a link of that post you speak of .

These are a few of the responses from one of the moderators here.

1. DJI Diana
2018-10-18 16:55:34
Shawn, we'll check further the damage that was mentioned and will get back to you in this thread. Thanks for your patience and cooperation....

2. DJI Susan
2018-10-18 18:59:18
Hi Python1, I understand your situation and very sorry about the inconvenience. Your case has been forwarded to the designated team for investigation. The team will review your case and contact during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding....

1. DJI Diana
2018-10-19 08:59:44
We really understand your point, Shawn. And we're sorry for the trouble. Since this has been forwarded to the higher team, you'll hear a feedback from them directly soon. Thanks for your patience....

In response to your comment, here are just a few posts mentioning how bad DJI's customer service is.

Worst customer service ever!

2 months old - Faulty Drone/Gimbal - Terrible Customer Service!!!

DJI Customer Service - Should I have to pay for this repair/replacement?

DJI FW-related service experience

Dji customer service horrible

DJI Customer service fiasco

DJI Customer Service???

Beware of DJI’s horrible customer support!

DJI customer support

DJI your customer service STINKS!

DJI Customer Service- It just keeps getting worse!

LEGAL HELP?

Sick of DJI and its customer "service"

Here's some comment from other forums and on Youtube -

Terrible Customer Service Experience

This site - "I keep reading similar stories about DJI's service and can't say that I'm impressed. It reminds me of Canon. I sent them an S95 that appeared to have dirt inside the lens. They emailed me after they examined it and said I needed a new lens element, which would run about $200. I paid it. They sent the unit back and upon receipt I found the dirt was gone, but the camera wouldn't focus. I emailed Canon and they replied that I probably needed a new lens element, which would run about $200. I replied and reminded them that I just paid for that and they sent my camera back with a new problem and more specifically, a problem with the same part I had just paid to replace. They didn't care. $200. I junked the camera and just ate the $200 loss."

This site "There are times when DJI support seems to wander off the edge of the table and fall into the Doritos bag."

I don't know how, but after I posted about the terrible customer service, one of the DJI managers called me up and wanted me to delete my post then they'd ship me a new drone. At least one of the moderators from this forum tried to do something about it and it obviously worked because a manager did call me.

1. DJI Diana
Shawn, we'll check further the damage that was mentioned and will get back to you in this thread. Thanks for your patience and cooperation....

2. DJI Susan
Hi Python1, I understand your situation and very sorry about the inconvenience. Your case has been forwarded to the designated team for investigation. The team will review your case and contact during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding....

1. DJI Diana
We really understand your point, Shawn. And we're sorry for the trouble. Since this has been forwarded to the higher team, you'll hear a feedback from them directly soon. Thanks for your patience....

In response to your comment, here are just a few posts mentioning how bad DJI's customer service is.

Worst customer service ever!

2 months old - Faulty Drone/Gimbal - Terrible Customer Service!!!

DJI Customer Service - Should I have to pay for this repair/replacement?

DJI FW-related service experience

Dji customer service horrible

DJI Customer service fiasco

DJI Customer Service???

Beware of DJI’s horrible customer support!

DJI customer support

DJI your customer service STINKS!

DJI Customer Service- It just keeps getting worse!

LEGAL HELP?

Sick of DJI and its customer "service"

Here's some comment from other forums and on Youtube -

Terrible Customer Service Experience

This site - "I keep reading similar stories about DJI's service and can't say that I'm impressed. It reminds me of Canon. I sent them an S95 that appeared to have dirt inside the lens. They emailed me after they examined it and said I needed a new lens element, which would run about $200. I paid it. They sent the unit back and upon receipt I found the dirt was gone, but the camera wouldn't focus. I emailed Canon and they replied that I probably needed a new lens element, which would run about $200. I replied and reminded them that I just paid for that and they sent my camera back with a new problem and more specifically, a problem with the same part I had just paid to replace. They didn't care. $200. I junked the camera and just ate the $200 loss."

This site "There are times when DJI support seems to wander off the edge of the table and fall into the Doritos bag."

You seem to be confusing this forum, which is not affiliated with DJI, with the DJI discussion forum. I suggest you go back there and stop wasting everyone's time here.

Reactions: Oso

I did mention that I deleted my original post when receiving the used drone.

I did mention that I deleted my original post when receiving the used drone.

Actually in post #4 you specifically stated that you didn't delete it. Can't you at least try to keep your story straight?

Sorry you are having issues with DJI but do take it up with them and good luck Python .
Now if you start this back up I will deal with that then as well as you not following guidelines .
Sorry guys I have never did this but am closing this thread from this in the guidelines as I see
it is just going to be a cluster .

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Unknown-1.png

1. DJI Diana

2. DJI Susan

1. DJI Diana

Just to clarify for anyone who might be reading this thread going forward...

Phantom Pilots is NOT a DJI forum and we do NOT have DJI employees on staff here. @Python 1 is obviously confusing our forum (www.PhantomPilots.com) with a DJI forum. While it's possible for someone who works for DJI to be a member here we DO NOT have DJI employees etc working on our team here at Phantom Pilots.

Sincerely,
Allen

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member