DJI Customer Service - Should I have to pay for this repair/replacement?

Reaction score
In a nutshell, I received a replacement P4P a few months ago. It was a replacement for my previous drone covered under DJI Care Refresh. There has been problems since day 1. Image transmission signal loss (sometimes until I landed/restarted the bird), sometimes the camera points off in random directions on it's own (usually towards the skids) and the main one is zebra stripes in a lot of my photos and videos. Never had any of these problems with my other two P4Ps (more details about the problems at - Issues with my replacement P4P / DJI Care Refresh vs Warranty Service turnaround time?)

I contacted DJI today. They advised me to use the DJI Assistant 2 and make sure everything is up to date then contact them to send it back if I'm still having problems. He said it will cost me $149 (second DJI Care Refresh use). I told him I shouldn't have to pay anything because there have been issues out of the box. It's not like I crashed it or anything like that. The issues aren't because of something I did and it's still covered under the regular warranty. He said they will send me an e-mail after they check it out. If I don't agree, then they were make an adjustment. He couldn't really explain that. Just repeated himself. I'm going to do what he said then contact them if it still has issues.

Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? There is no reason why I should have to pay anything.

Thanks!

In a nutshell, I received a replacement P4P a few months ago. It was a replacement for my previous drone covered under DJI Care Refresh. There has been problems since day 1. Image transmission signal loss (sometimes until I landed/restarted the bird), sometimes the camera points off in random directions on it's own (usually towards the skids) and the main one is zebra stripes in a lot of my photos and videos. Never had any of these problems with my other two P4Ps (more details about the problems at - Issues with my replacement P4P / DJI Care Refresh vs Warranty Service turnaround time?)

I contacted DJI today. They advised me to use the DJI Assistant 2 and make sure everything is up to date then contact them to send it back if I'm still having problems. He said it will cost me $149 (second DJI Care Refresh use). I told him I shouldn't have to pay anything because there have been issues out of the box. It's not like I crashed it or anything like that. The issues aren't because of something I did and it's still covered under the regular warranty. He said they will send me an e-mail after they check it out. If I don't agree, then they were make an adjustment. He couldn't really explain that. Just repeated himself. I'm going to do what he said then contact them if it still has issues.

Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? There is no reason why I should have to pay anything.

Thanks!
From what I understand, when you file a Care Refresh, they don't determine whether or not the problem is covered by warranty, until they have the AC on the bench. From what you said in your earlier post, I can't see them charging you for the repair, since you haven't crashed it. Besides, you still have the option of filing a regular warranty claim.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers