Worst customer service ever!

Reaction score
This is the second time I've had my drone shipped back to me unfixed by DJI. It's a long story but the long and short of it is the Drone crashed due to no fault of mine. They're saying it was pilot error. They keep sending me a bill to fix it even though I keep calling them and emailing them telling them it wasn't my fault and they keep telling me that they're looking into it and someone will email me back but I never have heard anything. They just keep sending it back in worse shape than I sent it in.

How do I attach the video showing the unboxing?

You have to upload the video to youtube or vimeo etc. and then post the link here.

Reactions: Spappy
Have you raised this at the DJI Forum, the DJI Moderators usually look into problems like this as it's bad advertising to the community.

DJI FORUM

Reactions: Spappy
I would also post that video on the forum as well

Kinda hard when no story backing why they sent it back.

Sounds like they send bill you don't pay so they send back.

Instead of saying that was not your fault... Are you able to upload the flight log to see if one of our experts can analyze it and see it is really was not your fault?

While ever DJI are maintaining the position that warranty doesn’t apply and asking for payment to proceed with repairs the bigger surprise might’ be if it was returned to you fixed.

What is the problem with the AC?

Just watched your unboxing video. I wouldn’t think it unreasonable that they shell is open, this would be clearly necessary to asses the internal components and proceed with providing a repair quotation.

What have they said was wrong with the AC and what in their opinion caused the crash?

Instead of saying that was not your fault... Are you able to upload the flight log to see if one of our experts can analyze it and see it is really was not your fault?
I wouldn't have a problem uploading the flight logs. How would I go about doing that?

I wouldn't have a problem uploading the flight logs. How would I go about doing that?
You can find instructions here.

If you want to also upload your DAT flight log, you can find instructions for locating that log here. It's a large file, so you'll need to upload it to a site like dropbox.com and then post the download link back here.

Just watched your unboxing video. I wouldn’t think it unreasonable that they shell is open, this would be clearly necessary to asses the internal components and proceed with providing a repair quotation.

What have they said was wrong with the AC and what in their opinion caused the crash?
That's the problem DJI hasn't said anything as to what is wrong with it drone. They said the cause of the crash was pilot error. After I got the green light for take off I got it about 10 feet in the air and went to spin it around 180 degrees and it pitched hard to the side and crashed straight into the ground. And when I sent it in they never told me what was wrong with it they just gave me a quote to fix the case. Before the crash I was having signal issues losing signal completely about 500 feet and I was trying to get that looked into. The problem is the repair center is in Southern California on the call center is in China and the two have terrible communication. I even had a representative tell me that they have terrible communication.

You can find instructions here.

If you want to also upload your DAT flight log, you can find instructions for locating that log here. It's a large file, so you'll need to upload it to a site like dropbox.com and then post the download link back here.
Okay great. I'm getting ready for work now so maybe when I get off work I'll see about looking into uploading the flight logs. Thank you all for your help.

Reactions: macoman
Kinda hard when no story backing why they sent it back.

Sounds like they send bill you don't pay so they send back.
The back story is: I was having signal issues right after the 1.8 update and was trying to get that resolved (unsuccessfully). The drone crashed on May 27th, and when I contacted DJI they told me to send it in, so I did. Their analysis showed one of the props flying off shortly after takeoff (which DIDN'T happen) therefore, they ruled it pilot error and refused to warranty any repairs. Upon hearing this I immediately contested their findings. I called and emailed several times, each time having to explain the situation to a new CSR (customer service representative), all the while receiving automated reminders to pay the bill or else the unit would be shipped back. Long story short - nothing resolved, drone shipped back unrepaired. I called yet AGAIN. DJI created a NEW, escalated, case and ASSURED me they would resolve the issue. Well, I got the same ol', same ol': here's your bill, pay it or we ship it back. Despite numerous calls and emails, this time when I got it back, the case had been opened, the gimbal lock was NOT installed before shipping, and I despite what the automated email says regarding the unit being "tested" before being shipped back, I never heard from DJI this time, or the time before, if any problems were detected or diagnosed.

I've retrieved the file(s), but I'm not sure if they are in the right format to upload. I've tried uploading them straight to this thread, but I'm unable to as they are not a supported file type.

I've retrieved the file(s), but I'm not sure if they are in the right format to upload. I've tried uploading them straight to this thread, but I'm unable to as they are not a supported file type.
I looked at the DJI analysis over at
Worst customer service ever

can you Dropbox that .DAT (that's FLY271.DAT) and I'll have a look.

Here is the last .dat file that I got off the drone.

Attachments

• FLY283.DAT
    96 KB · Views: 308

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie