What me worry![emoji41] The only thing that worries me is that Tony, sorry I mean,"whichAntenna"is going to come after me again![emoji41]but since I haven't seen him much on this post, I think I'll just hang out over here with you guys and I'll be all right[emoji41]
Where you get your batteries at.

7db5e4d7e75a644daa9b374e4450b787.jpg

My rig at home, and they not cheap crappy Chinese ones (nothing wrong with Chinese goods like) [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

OK, (1) How are you running splitters?
(2) To me it seems obvious to amplify the video signal back. I also thought about bird side mods but kept hearing how they don't help.
(3) Not making a joke here, but since you are already using a big pole on your truck anyway, what about one fo these bad MoFo's right here 24dbi!!
71S3DqPCCmL._SL1500_.jpg
I'm running a 3 watt bird side booster.

What do you mean by this question? I have a dozen different brands of batteries for external. I take and modify my p3 bats w/ xt-60 connectors to plug them into. I'll mod yours for you if you want[emoji41]
I have a xt60 that is wired into the bird. Was wandering where the best price for the mulltystar battery is??

Hobbyking.com

I think I say in the video 24dbi, but it should be 28dbi.
Cool video. I really liked the next one as well. It is nice to see something in action. Photos only show part of a story. I need to make an antenna pole for my truck. I am in Louisiana and it is unbelievably hot in the summer here, just like Texas. (I saw your plate)

So far works very well. I flew at 160ft high and over 2 miles, not a single blip. I could drift off cores and not even know it.
When I used the CCP I had to keep them pointed dead on. A constant struggle.
These new panels are better made. I need to run them by there self. just the two panels, I think they will perform good.
If the wind is ok tomorrow I will give it a try.
When I flew to day I got RTH low battery, so I let it come home on its owen, well good thing I was paying attention, because the P3 flew right by and keep going. It was past the truck and behind the panels and signal was good.

Last edited:
I just want to tell what I have observed over the 2 years I have been flying the Pantoms.
I have found that on clear days with no clouds, and low humidity, that I have better signal. I think here in the Gulf Coast that the high humidity hurts the reception. This my own thought on this. But on clear days I have always been able to fly farther. JMTC.

So the TP link are way better than the Chinese ones?

7db5e4d7e75a644daa9b374e4450b787.jpg

My rig at home, and they not cheap crappy Chinese ones (nothing wrong with Chinese goods like) [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Nice set up!! What are those panels? Do you swap depending on how you fly?

What me worry![emoji41] The only thing that worries me is that Tony, sorry I mean,"whichAntenna"is going to come after me again![emoji41]but since I haven't seen him much on this post, I think I'll just hang out over here with you guys and I'll be all right[emoji41]

Who's Tony?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik