P3S - 1st flight with DBS ITELITE Antenna W/ Wifi Boosters!!

Hi I have posted on this before but I can only get 480m -500m with a DBS booster after only getting 280m with the stock set up .I have been told to redo the connectors in the RC but we were pretty careful in the first place ;.Very disappointing range in open farm land.I am beginning to think it might be dodgy components in the RC

Have you tried reconnecting the RC to the drone? Just thinking of eliminating things that could be effecting it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Before I installed the ITELITE Antenna on my P3S controller I was getting roughly 900-1300 FT before losing video transmission, Although the Radio controls still worked.
After installing the Antenna from DBS Mods, My new distance I was able to go to was about 2x the distance,
And needing to make sure I was holding the controller just right in order to maintain video transmission.
the video and RC controller signal would go from FULL connection to Poor radio and "Video transmission Weak Signal" when approaching 1900-2400ft. This is what she looked like:

View attachment 40184

Now on to the Wifi Boosters......

I just purchased the Sunhans 2W 5.8Ghz and the 2.5W 2.4Ghz Booster, DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Li-Po (6800 I know), Sunhans DC power Adapter, 3-way 12V DC Battery Pack Power Splitter, and
the Sunhans Booster/Battery holder Combo (all purchased from REXUAV on Amazon). The Holder was taking forever to come in and I myself have leaned more on the impatient side of life to say the least. Especially after all the late night hours of Internet browsing and researching that has been done. Everything came in except the holder. (says delivered but not here, opening up tracking and says intransit?)
Well thank God for 3M and their good ol' Double sided adhesive!
Connected everything up and here she is:
View attachment 40185

The Little white box with the Chevy Logo on it is a Portable Batter charger for my CellPhone.
I have a 2nd portable charger in place of my cellphone for demonstration Purposes.

View attachment 40186
View attachment 40181

I took it out for the first test flight Today and here are the results:
View attachment 40189

In a sentence.... Amazing! I could have went further but I would be chancing it since I have never flown that far Nor do I know what type of battery life to expect for flight back.
I love my P3S now! Hands Down!
Wow! You got an amazing set up there and the outcome with regards to distance is awesome. I am thinking of doing the same to my P3/4k. You need two types of boosters, 2w 5.8Ghz, and 2.5w 2.4Ghz.? The 5.8Ghz is connected to Port1 and 2.4Ghz to Port
Before I installed the ITELITE Antenna on my P3S controller I was getting roughly 900-1300 FT before losing video transmission, Although the Radio controls still worked.
After installing the Antenna from DBS Mods, My new distance I was able to go to was about 2x the distance,
And needing to make sure I was holding the controller just right in order to maintain video transmission.
the video and RC controller signal would go from FULL connection to Poor radio and "Video transmission Weak Signal" when approaching 1900-2400ft. This is what she looked like:

View attachment 40184

Now on to the Wifi Boosters......

I just purchased the Sunhans 2W 5.8Ghz and the 2.5W 2.4Ghz Booster, DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Li-Po (6800 I know), Sunhans DC power Adapter, 3-way 12V DC Battery Pack Power Splitter, and
the Sunhans Booster/Battery holder Combo (all purchased from REXUAV on Amazon). The Holder was taking forever to come in and I myself have leaned more on the impatient side of life to say the least. Especially after all the late night hours of Internet browsing and researching that has been done. Everything came in except the holder. (says delivered but not here, opening up tracking and says intransit?)
Well thank God for 3M and their good ol' Double sided adhesive!
Connected everything up and here she is:
View attachment 40185

The Little white box with the Chevy Logo on it is a Portable Batter charger for my CellPhone.
I have a 2nd portable charger in place of my cellphone for demonstration Purposes.

View attachment 40186
View attachment 40181

I took it out for the first test flight Today and here are the results:
View attachment 40189

In a sentence.... Amazing! I could have went further but I would be chancing it since I have never flown that far Nor do I know what type of battery life to expect for flight back.
I love my P3S now! Hands Down!

Wow! You got an awesome setup there! The outcome is just amazing! I want to do the same to my P3/4k also, I already got my ITelite antenna in, just a matter of installing it. I do want some clarifications regarding your boosters. You got two wifi boosters; 2w 5.8Ghz and 2.5w 2.4Ghz right? The 5.8Ghz is connected to Port 1 and the 2.4Ghz is connected Port 2 while Port 3 is connected directly to the RC, is this correct? Could you use the same type wifi boosters? Thanks for clarifying, been doing research here, and your post and pics really help. Thanks for the clarification.

Really

So you just have the booster hooked up to one of the 2.4 ports? My itelite will be here tomorrow and a friend has a 5.8g booster and one 2.4g booster and I told him I'm not sure if I want it because I thought I'd need a 2.4 booster for each port?

Really easy, the only part I was confused on was the 2.4ghz booster, it has one input in and one output. But the Panel and controller have two separate ports.
All I did was connect one cable directly from controller to the panel, and the other port on the 2.4ghz to the booster, then booster to antenna.
And viola!

Hi I have posted on this before but I can only get 480m -500m with a DBS booster after only getting 280m with the stock set up .I have been told to redo the connectors in the RC but we were pretty careful in the first place ;.Very disappointing range in open farm land.I am beginning to think it might be dodgy components in the RC
Check your connecters are going to right place,,, :)

My DBS has gotten me just a little past 2 miles unboosted. I bet you can double your double with those boosters [emoji106]

Last edited:
2nd, My girl woulda been pissed I got this and didn't get her this **** Kate Spade Purse ($400.00) smh...
I LOL'd here. You got off easy. For my wife, it was Louis Vuitton. .. sigh

I found the DBS Antenna kit online. Can you post a link (preferably Amazon) for the Wifi booster?

Solved my problem by buying an Advanced .There's no comparison 3 km with the A still 400m with the S .The S does all my Litchi missions .
The strange thing is I can maintain video link up to 1.2km but the controller link drops out at 300m usually and where I live there is no interference.

This setup look awesome, but at the price of these things on Amazon (and the DBSMods antenna package), why not just sell your P3S and get a ADV or Pro?
Not sure if someone already answered this question in a follow-up post, but here's my response. Doing modifications is a hobby in itself which some people don't understand if they are not into it. It's not just a matter of buying a more expensive drone to go the same distance, there no enjoyment and gratification that you're Hands-On modifications achieves that distance. Us that are into modifications tweak things, change cables, change amps and try different antenna setups to see which ones achieves a better result.

Reactions: 805hd
Got to 6000 feet with the DBS Mod with no boosters in suburban New Jersey. Still learning to aim properly and what not so at 6000 RC would drop and disconnect wifi was only missing a bar or two so I brought it back. I've only had the P3S a week so I wasn't willing to really push it my first few flights out. I noticed a bunch of big cell towers too, not sure how they affected my signal. Is it common for RC signal to drop and reconnect? At that point my video also started cutting in and out. I'm thinking I just need to practice my aiming.

Definitely going to be picking up some boosters soon too. Has anybody noticed huge difference in using one 2.4 vs two 2.4? Also the wattage? Pumped to get some more juice.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
As I run with two Wi-Fi amps guess I can answer your question as an informed pilot. For me at least there was a improvement with 2 vs 1 amp. You ask the question is it a huge difference, no it is not. I just was not happy with the video link performance with just one but after adding a second I was more satisfied with the result.

Last edited:
I built scale RC models years ago so I don't mind a challenge . Its just that after spending a fair amount of money(I even bought another controller) and effort and still not being able to find the problem I thought it was better to move on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic