Hey Max since me and you are the only ones who put numbers with these panels i think its safe to say these cheap china panels cant compete with the panels that have proven their distance like some people seem to think...im just going to turn this into a build

Last edited:
So plugged the bottom holes and prepped and painted...my connectors were supposed to be here today but they didnt come.....here they are..hell i might even airbrush some skulls or something and cut some decals..also these things are heavy and uts because of the metal backplate so i might replace it with 28awg galvanized steel....or do it on the next set.

Attachments

• 1466731827559.jpg
    1466731827559.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 622
  • 1466731841460.jpg
    1466731841460.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 597
  • 1466731856925.jpg
    1466731856925.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 606
  • 1466731871021.jpg
    1466731871021.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 621
  • 1466731885165.jpg
    1466731885165.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 773
So plugged the bottom holes and prepped and painted...my connectors were supposed to be here today but they didnt come.....here they are..hell i might even airbrush some skulls or something and cut some decals..also these things are heavy and uts because of the metal backplate so i might replace it with 28awg galvanized steel....or do it on the next set.
Good job pro very professional cant wait to see the results:cool:

I haven't tried out my new ones yet. I think they will be better. Plus I havent played with the Max range much, want to compare. And it looks like rain this weekend.
I took my CCP apart ,looks just like yours. some more sticky tape is needed.

Thanks Seb!!

My post 828 on May 22, 2016 in the Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout! thread. I called the Liehou Chinese panels the Governator.

Test 1 (performed sided by side at the same time) (no screenshots)
P3p Governator Unboosted (using c model controller) 12044.3'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted (using b model controller) 10803.0'

Test 2 (performed sided by side at the same time) (see screenshots)
P3p Governator Unboosted (using c model controller) 12943.7'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted (using b model controller) 12932.4'

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Governator sticker I made for it
4.jpg

Last edited:
My post 828 on May 22, 2016 in the Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout! thread. I called the Liehou Chinese panels the Governator.

P3p Governator Unboosted 12044.3'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted 10803.0'

P3p Governator Unboosted 12943.7'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted 12932.4'

Excellent work! These are the results I remember seeing when I started posting in the Maxx vs Terminator thread. Glad there is a thread for this now as I'm very interested in the results people will be getting. Hopefully questions will be better received here, the other thread seems extremely hostile towards them. Based on the screenshots it looks like you were in a pretty heavily populated urban environment is that an accurate assumption?

P3p Governator Unboosted 12044.3'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted 10803.0'

P3p Governator Unboosted 12943.7'
P3a MaxxRange Unboosted 12932.4'

View attachment 58059 View attachment 58060 View attachment 58061

Governator sticker I made for it
View attachment 58062
Sweet!! Did you mod the CCP's or do anything to them or just hook em up straight out from the e-packet lol

Reactions: B_Squared
So you guys down to do more tests??

Excellent work! These are the results I remember seeing when I started posting in the Maxx vs Terminator thread. Glad there is a thread for this now as I'm very interested in the results people will be getting. Hopefully questions will be better received here, the other thread seems extremely hostile towards them. Based on the screenshots it looks like you were in a pretty heavily populated urban environment is that an accurate assumption?

Thanks! Yes, we were flying over a bunch of houses, and there were industrial businesses and warehouses near the start point as well.
Though it's hard to tell, our start point was in a valley and we were flying uphill.

Hey B have you tried them on the same controller yet? I know the the different model tx's have different power outputs. Do you plan on or have you opened the govenator up yet? Lol like the decal btw

Sweet!! Did you mod the CCP's or do anything to them or just hook em up straight out from the e-packet lol
Yea, all I did was go to Lowes and buy a piece of aluminum and some screws to mount it to the panels, and add screws so I could use the Maxxrange mount.

Yes. I have signal boosters, and am waiting on my buddy to get his signal boosters. I think his are still on back order.
We both have been kicking around the idea of getting battery mod for the birds, but it might be a while before we both can afford to drop some change on them. I love this hobby but ****, it's expensive! Especially when you have a wife ;)

I second this, I would love to see more tests!

Thanks! Yes, we were flying over a bunch of houses, and there were industrial businesses and warehouses near the start point as well.
Though it's hard to tell, our start point was in a valley and we were flying uphill.

O wow that sounds even more promising then! Not only from an interference standpoint but also flying uphill as well! Can't wait to see further test results!

Im definately watching this, ive not really had time to improve this diy copy, but if you want when i do ill post updates here seem as they will be basically identical antennas.
Im also hoping to build a 5.8 version aswell maybe a few wks yet due to work.

Hey B have you tried them on the same controller yet? I know the the different model tx's have different power outputs. Do you plan on or have you opened the govenator up yet? Lol like the decal btw
Yes, I got pretty much the same results in doing back to back runs with the MaxxRange and the Governator and they were neck and neck and not much different. Shortly after, I found that my cable inside the controller was coming loose and was experiencing signal loss, so I wasn't sure if my results would be skewed because of that and maybe that's why I didn't go further with the Maxxrange. I replaced the cable but haven't had time and the weather has been terrible (heat), so I haven't done the back to back again.

I just remembered that my controller is the b model, and my buddy's is the c model. I failed to include that, and will edit my post to include that info. Thanks for indirectly reminding me!

I did open it up, but left it soldered in the middle. After seeing DB's opened up, I am 100% convinced the only difference between the Terminator and the Governator is the foam and connector in the center. The boards are identical.

Thanks, I love Photoshop and I can print stickers out on the cheap at Fedex. :)

Reactions: whichAntenna
Yes, I got pretty much the same results in doing back to back runs with the MaxxRange and the Governator and they were neck and neck and not much different. Shortly after, I found that my cable inside the controller was coming loose and was experiencing signal loss, so I wasn't sure if my results would be skewed because of that and maybe that's why I didn't go further with the Maxxrange. I replaced the cable but haven't had time. :)
I think it would only be a fair test to post results of a back to back after you replaced the cable since that could've been a factor in poor performance.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466789914.711797.jpg

I only call it poor performance because I took the maxxrange and the terminator out those distances flying from inside the pocket in this photo which basically placed 100 houses between me and the bird. I thought for unboosted this was incredible and the subdivision full of Wi-Fi and houses. So would be interesting to see what you got with good cables. That was with controller 300B by the way

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31