CH7 and older firmware, does it work?

Flyer91 said:
Until DJI gives us a firmware tool to do this, I think it's a dead horse guys.

After looking inside the Plus, I see its not at all like simply adding a multi-axis gimbal to a P2V.
It appears that the DJI Borg have assimilated the Plus, and it's lever-tilt control is off someplace with Jean-Luc ......... :(

We know it's possible some how as the lever works whenever the mobile app is not running, so all it would take is for DJI to update the app to give the option for what control you want, and updated the controller soft to allow for calibration. But I agree until that happens I think we may be dean in the water. :(

When I used the lever in my vison it wasn't perfect but moving my finger on the app makes it jerky. At least with lever it was smoother.

Yeah, this sucks. I put a pot on the front of my controller and only after the install did I notice it doesn't work with the app loaded

clearly DJI has something in store as maybe a possible add on or accessory for this 7ch. some code in the startup of the app is blocking the function.

tizzl10 said:
clearly DJI has something in store as maybe a possible add on or accessory for this 7ch. some code in the startup of the app is blocking the function.

Agreed. Beyond that however you also need to calibrate the lever. For that the assistant software on your computer needs an update as well.

Just got this reply from Dji headquarters
obviously we need all of us to start writing them so they get a clue
Dear Sir,

Are you trying the control the tilt of camera by the 7th channel?
What do you mean by not work with 3.0 software? Does it install properly?

Please kindly let me know for details.

Best Regards

skyhighdiver said:
Dear Sir,

Best Regards

wow..

seems to me like an easy fix.

sounds like the vision app is constantly sending camera tilt info when in fact it should only send the tilt position info when changing positions. This would cancel out the channel 7 lever because as soon as you move it the app just sends its old tilt location info not even giving it enough time to move at all.

This is just my guess, coming from an app developer.

skyhighdiver said:
Dear Sir,

Best Regards

Diver, could you please post the address you wrote to?
And might I suggest that rather than us all trying to re-explain the whole thing to them (and assuming you guys agree that this thread pretty clearly spells out what we have, what we want, and what we've tried to do to make it work) just reference/link this thread in any correspondence with DJI regarding the lack of Ch7 camera tilt control. :?:

Flyer91 said:
skyhighdiver said:
Dear Sir,

Best Regards

Diver, could you please post the address you wrote to?
And might I suggest that rather than us all trying to re-explain the whole thing to them (and assuming you guys agree that this thread pretty clearly spells out what we have, what we want, and what we've tried to do to make it work) just reference/link this thread in any correspondence with DJI regarding the lack of Ch7 camera tilt control. :?:

[email protected] headquarters
[email protected] USA Support

Emailed all three again today. I say we just keep annoying them till they give us the update we want.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sent this.
Hello DJI,
Have you guys had any luck getting the 7th channel activated for tilting the gimbal on my Vision Plus?
I had it working on my original Vision and now I can't live without it :)
I already have my DJI brand 7th channel lever sitting on the shelf in anticipation of you getting the update rolled out!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Missing my P2V non Plus gimbal tilt action:(
Yours,

Ive also just noticed on the plus they have put the micro usb port at the front of the tx so you dont have to open it to upgrade the firmware which is sooooooo much better !!

Still going to join in emailing them about the lever though especially as I had just bought the bits to put a rotary pot onto the front !!!

:roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues