Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

Very interesting video that explains a lot:

Oh boy, not sure this guy has his math right... IBV will be all over this guy...lol
Read the comments on You Tube...

Here's some interesting numbers I found by pre-amping the amp.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Anxious for flying test!
I thought I'd just make a lame video, getting everyone's hopes up and then sit in my chair while all wait for me to lose my baby in the sunset.(Laughs).

Dave... I am opening the pod bay doors. Just a moment... just a moment..

Was reading a thread John Locke was involved with. Great info. Thought I'd share it here.
RF power measurements
DJI FCC radio power output filing.png

Johnny, have you hooked up your RF meter to your new 658 controller to see what its power output is? And when its linked to your P4?
(Nevermind, I just read what you wrote. I missed these great threads when they were made)

Last edited:
I had built a 12v power cable assy for powering my amps on tripods mobile setup. It works well, but thats just another flurry of cables to deal with in addition to the LMR octopus. I got a idea of just powering the amps with my 12v batteries that usually attach to controller FPVLR antenna and amps that go on the controller. They have dual leads so I can power both the final amp and if I pre-amp them, those as well. In theory it looks good and should work. I'll need to test the capacity and endurance of this set up.

Attachments

• 20170402_212758.jpg
    20170402_212758.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 286
  • 20170402_212809.jpg
    20170402_212809.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 314
  • 20170402_212820.jpg
    20170402_212820.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 319
  • 20170402_212918.jpg
    20170402_212918.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 286
I had built a 12v power cable assy for powering my amps on tripods mobile setup. It works well, but thats just another flurry of cables to deal with in addition to the LMR octopus. I got a idea of just powering the amps with my 12v batteries that usually attach to controller FPVLR antenna and amps that go on the controller. They have dual leads so I can power both the final amp and if I pre-amp them, those as well. In theory it looks good and should work. I'll need to test the capacity and endurance of this set up.
While you test this pre thing, you may also consider testing the 'chain sequence'.. letting Linx be "last" in the chain in both directions. If I have this in my head right, on the RX side, would the Linx be pre-amping the sunhan since signal is coming back to the RC? (The way your set up now)

It may make no difference since it's direct connect...

Hi there,
I just wondered if you tested the pre-amp-combination. The RF-linx do not require high input to trigger AGC properly. If you have got so much cable loss that you would need a pre-amp then why not using the original injectors or the pre-amp at the beginning of the line (thus as cable driver). I don't know your other amplifier but it might end up in overdriving your amps and/or distorting the signal beyond digital readablility. Further it might clogg or RX..
I mean try it out and see. Make a comparison of differnt constellations. And as JohnnyB mentioned check the sequence....
I'm a little sceptical also based on the quality difference of Sunhans and RF-linx. Pre-amps should not feed noise to be amplified by the R-linx..
All the best.- Try and error :)

It may make no difference since it's direct connect...
It might do... pre-amping an amp that already got very low minimum input with an amp that requires more and got no proper AGC... What for pre-amping if there is no loss inbetwen the amps to compensate. a 20db Rx gain is huge.- more you only get with better and cleaner listening antennas or increased bird Tx. The Rx only needs to be readable.. it shouldn't burn the Rc's pre-amp...:eek:

It might do... pre-amping an amp that already got very low minimum input with an amp that requires more and got no proper AGC... What for pre-amping if there is no loss inbetwen the amps to compensate. a 20db Rx gain is huge.- more you only get with better and cleaner listening antennas or increased bird Tx. The Rx only needs to be readable.. it shouldn't burn the Rc's pre-amp...:eek:
All good points. Interested in results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT