Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

IBV, how could you test/measure the actual RX being sent to RC?

Johnny, have you hooked up your RF meter to your new 658 controller to see what its power output is? And when its linked to your P4?
(Nevermind, I just read what you wrote. I missed these great threads when they were made)
I missed it.
What was the outcome ? Did the power drop back when linked to the P4 like Maxx Uav found ??

I missed it.
What was the outcome ? Did the power drop back when linked to the P4 like Maxx Uav found ??
I hadn't measured the 658 yet. I'm limited in knowledge so really all I'm doing are comparison measurements, which I at least wanted to learn. I've recorded everything I could so if something comes up less in the future, at least I'll know to start thoroughly checking equipment. Beyond that, I mean I am from Ky. LOL (Might as well play the part..lol)

Reactions: Turbomania
I just completed the "clean" antenna mod from Maxx on my P4 controller. I'm heading into the jungle ... wish me luck!
Good luck and I truly mean that. jungles can be fierce

Reactions: JohnnyB
I finalized the Ecoflex 10 cable for connecting the RC to Rf-linx amps. Finally through the bottom to avoid cracks and balancing the RC..
WP_20170404_12_03_08_Pro.jpg
WP_20170404_12_03_23_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170404_12_05_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170404_12_05_44_Pro.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 322
Looks awesome IBV!
Fits your setup perfect. Nice build!

Last edited:
Reactions: IBV
I like how that bracket hands you the remote. It's like, "here's your remote, Sir. " Lol I love all these builds.. tuff!!!

Indeed, this holding bracket was a lucky guess. I was looking for a strong, lightweight bracket that can be folded to be very thin and still got two arms and turntable bracket. In a local shop I found this. I will mount the same in the van so I get in and out easily while the RC is carrying itself in the ergonomic best position. Funny how some small helpers can actually help so much. The problem is in fact a serious one. With strong antenna cables and Hdmi cable connected I wanted to get out of the van to start the drone. It was very difficult to place the RC without cracking it and twisting the cables. With this alu- bracket the problem is solved :)

If I could only find a newly retired Fox News van.. already has a push button flip-up extendable mast, a decoy emblem on the side, add couch, 60" screen and a spit cup holder... done (lol)
(Roars with laughter.... )

Reactions: JohnnyB
Something strange happened yesterday I wanted to share. I did the mod on my controller and was testing some cheap 8 dbi omni antennas. I was flying FPV with fatsharks with a few onlookers watching the iPad. Out about 4,000 feet they said "what happened?" I didn't know but the said the iPad went black as if lost signal. I still had a clear picture in the goggles out to 6,000 feet. The picture started dropping so I stopped and removed my goggles to look at the iPad. It was blank and didn't start receiving a picture till I was back inside 4,000 feet. I was able to control and fly the P4 with the controller and goggles and a blank iPad.

I thought this was strange that the HDMI output was better then the iPad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl