Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

Great antenna theory explained:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Great antenna theory explained:
This explains the basics well. Directional antennas are indeed very efficient. With longer flight times possible, the mission range is increasing. Dji got up to 38 mins with the M2000. Some other got way beyond 45mins. I hope dji will at least make one long flight model and not only variations of cameras...;)

Yes, these videos are the basics of it all. Very well done, and can help explain it to newer experimenters.

Reactions: Turbomania
Good thing I opened up the controller to check wires. The left joystick was sticking 'cause one antenna lead was wrapped up in its throw area. Then I noticed the output connector had rotated (From many antenna disconnecting cycles) and wrapped its coax lead around itself snapping the shield connection solder joint off. I will be gluing the sma output base to the controller body to prevent further rotation.
Broken solder path SMA.png

Good thing I opened up the controller to check wires. The left joystick was sticking 'cause one antenna lead was wrapped up in its throw area. Then I noticed the output connector had rotated (From many antenna disconnecting cycles) and wrapped its coax lead around itself snapping the shield connection solder joint off. I will be gluing the sma output base to the controller body to prevent further rotation.View attachment 80540
Good find !!
I noticed mine wanted to turn when disconnecting the wires from the RC. I used a star washer on the inside. It seems to bite into the case and holds well to the RP-SMA connector.
Was worried about that happening...
Thanks for sharing!!!

Turbo

I'm thinking this may be the issue with my flights recently. I expected better results. Here are both connectors out of controller. Have another set ready to install (Ordered 2 more sets in case...)
P1060825.JPG

Reactions: JohnnyB
The "Buy finger" is saying: "Oh the humanity!"......

This can be a VERY serious issue. I'm estatic I found it when I did.

Reactions: IBV and JohnnyB
One word of advice: Go easy on tightening any screws on/in controller, the plastic is CHEAP! I had to rebuild several screw mounts with epoxy. I did not over tighten, but it just... cracked, cause..... I'm an American...

One word of advice: Go easy on tightening any screws on/in controller, the plastic is CHEAP! I had to rebuild several screw mounts with epoxy. I did not over tighten, but it just... cracked, cause..... I'm an American...

These Rp-SMA are good for stock antennas or thin cables but for bigger antenna systems it is just too weak. I made new pictures of the connectors leading them out through the RC bottom. Now I got an Ecoflex 10 cable and a Highflexx 7 (on the pictures). I ordered the Mmcx to N-male pigtail using highflex 7 cable.
On your pictures the RP-SMA looks like an unshielded version to me?? That would also explain bad results..
tmp_29523-DSC_0247228695454.JPG
tmp_29523-DSC_0248-1345131191.JPG
tmp_29523-DSC_0249-207259388.JPG

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
These Rp-SMA are good for stock antennas or thin cables but for bigger antenna systems it is just too weak. I made new pictures of the connectors leading them out through the RC bottom. Now I got an Ecoflex 10 cable and a Highflexx 7 (on the pictures). I ordered the Mmcx to N-male pigtail using highflex 7 cable.
On your pictures the RP-SMA looks like an unshielded version to me?? That would also explain bad results..View attachment 80649 View attachment 80650 View attachment 80651
Do you have a link to those MMCX to N?

My flights :

Last edited:
Refresh that link I posted.. had to re-check the polarity....

On your pictures the RP-SMA looks like an unshielded version to me?? That would also explain bad results..View attachment 80649 View attachment 80650 View attachment 80651
I get a mind image looking at these pictures of Captain Kirk and Spock sitting in the chairs.

Reactions: JohnnyB
This is what it takes to raise my masts. Well not really, but it feels like it..
iwo jima.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers