Antenna jungle - inventory - What's out there?

China is cheaper.... I got mine from Germany 2nd hand.... 80kg total..
I want to see this.. made in China-shipped from Germany-landing in Sweden monstrosity! Pics?

Something strange happened yesterday I wanted to share. I did the mod on my controller and was testing some cheap 8 dbi omni antennas. I was flying FPV with fatsharks with a few onlookers watching the iPad. Out about 4,000 feet they said "what happened?" I didn't know but the said the iPad went black as if lost signal. I still had a clear picture in the goggles out to 6,000 feet. The picture started dropping so I stopped and removed my goggles to look at the iPad. It was blank and didn't start receiving a picture till I was back inside 4,000 feet. I was able to control and fly the P4 with the controller and goggles and a blank iPad.

I thought this was strange that the HDMI output was better then the iPad.
You have iPad so you've added HDMI to the remote.. check/inspect ribbon connection carefully.

Something strange happened yesterday I wanted to share. I did the mod on my controller and was testing some cheap 8 dbi omni antennas. I was flying FPV with fatsharks with a few onlookers watching the iPad. Out about 4,000 feet they said "what happened?" I didn't know but the said the iPad went black as if lost signal. I still had a clear picture in the goggles out to 6,000 feet. The picture started dropping so I stopped and removed my goggles to look at the iPad. It was blank and didn't start receiving a picture till I was back inside 4,000 feet. I was able to control and fly the P4 with the controller and goggles and a blank iPad.

I thought this was strange that the HDMI output was better then the iPad.
Was the telemetry info still on the ipad screen? Or whole screen black?

I checked all connections and ribbon cable and everything looks good. I was able to repeat the process. But today it wasn't black it was green screening and heavy pixellation while I still had a solid picture in the goggles. I'm wondering if it's the DJI app. Tomorrow I will try Litchi

Could also try older dji go revision

Last year I had installed HDMI module but I was very unhappy with it so I uninstalled it and sent it back although I did not have a black screen it was not for me due to its performance I use Android only I am not familiar with Apple products other than I do not like them for various reasons but the HDMI module has presented problems to a number of people

Reactions: JohnnyB
I just thought it was weird ... there is a better output on the HDMI then on the iPad. I thought this would be interesting info to some long range junkies.
I pretty sure the HDMI on RC outputs video straight from RC, not Go app.

I pretty sure the HDMI on RC outputs video straight from RC, not Go app.
Yes, I would agree with this ... then one could assume either the app or the way the iPad handles the feed is not as good as the HDMI straight from the RC.

-OR-

By sending the feed to two sources HDMI and iPad it's somehow weakened ...

I'll do some more testing this weekend.

Yes, I would agree with this ... then one could assume either the app or the way the iPad handles the feed is not as good as the HDMI straight from the RC.
Well, the feed the RC receives from bird is the same. One source. Only thing that is different are the output ports. RC feeds the same signal to them all. HDMI and goggles work fine so nothing wrong with the HDMI port or the communication. Cross that off the list. The rest is between the iPad, App, cord and "USB" port. When you still have video to the HDMI and can still fly, you should also have video to every other port also. When video communication is lost between bird and RC, all output ports is effected. I'd be concerned, like Gram, with the module.

Well, the feed the RC receives from bird is the same. One source. Only thing that is different are the output ports. RC feeds the same signal to them all. HDMI and goggles work fine so nothing wrong with the HDMI port or the communication. Cross that off the list. The rest is between the iPad, App, cord and "USB" port. When you still have video to the HDMI and can still fly, you should also have video to every other port also. When video communication is lost between bird and RC, all output ports is effected. I'd be concerned, like Gram, with the module.

How about a conspiracy theory - DJI GO is trying to throttle back the range with the app?

(And they all gathered around him, the bonfire flickering in the night, to hear more of this thing)

Dangit.... "buy" finger just struck again.... 10ft LMR-400....

I want to see this.. made in China-shipped from Germany-landing in Sweden monstrosity! Pics?
I will make picts. This mast is from the German army. Another mast I ordered now is from China. I need to est another rotor/tilt unit that provides information of its absolut position. Using Djji's SDK an auto antenna tracker can be built. Anyway wonder why dji doesn't provide this for its new pilot app (matrice series).. With 35 minutes flight time I could reach out some 10-15km

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20