Aircraft disconnected and crashed

I was wrong you guys aren’t pilots at least not responsible ones!
Speak for yourself my friend, not for the masses.

So if the consensus is that the drone hit the tower, private property and I’ve seen no comments on this is shocking.
Well, that would have been OT. The OP was asking what happened to his Phantom. He wasn't asking for us to school him on the law.

So if the consensus is that the drone hit the tower, private property and I’ve seen no comments on this is shocking.
Your profile says you’ve been a member since sept 2015. If you’ve been lurking that long then you should have seen the countless threads with the judgmental posts you seek on this type of flying. If you haven’t, spend a little time looking around the forum and you’ll find plenty.

Not your friend and I think I do speak for legal pilots.
For the "masses" of us who do follow FAA and AMA guidelines, this was an unfair statement and uncalled for in relation to this thread. See post #44 for clarification.

Your profile says you’ve been a member since sept 2015. If you’ve been lurking that long then you should have seen the countless threads with the judgmental posts you seek on this type of flying. If you haven’t, spend a little time looking around the forum and you’ll find plenty.
I haven’t been lurking, and your right I’m not going to impose my flying habits on this fellow that lost his drone. Sorry I’ll try and be more neutral.

Another "no" should be added to the original comments ... "Dead, nothing, no signal, no GPS, no last known location". It was NO VLOS. One less drone flown by an operator who feels normal safety guidelines don't apply. That might be a good thing.

Reactions: Shaun
Another "no" should be added to the original comments ... "Dead, nothing, no signal, no GPS, no last known location". It was NO VLOS. One less drone flown by an operator who feels normal safety guidelines don't apply. That might be a good thing.

Personally feel this comment was uncalled for...
"operator who feels normal safety guidelines don't apply"
Was good learning experience for this pilot to take a second look at altitude, rth settings and when to abort mission on first signs of potentially critical warnings.
If this was a water tower flight in a some what rural area. Not metro city where no regard for pubic safety.
Some are really quick to pass judgement yet they be judged... Live by the sword die by the sword mindset to the right and total idiots with no regard to other on the left.
Did anyone ever thing all this data is being used for future autonomous flight. Without human error none of this could be possible.
Best wishes to the pilot and I certainly hope you continue your journey.

I just don't understand why he decided to fly with the broken landing gear. If he buys another broken drone, I just hope he buys the parts to fix it.

Reactions: Dave Billings
Personally feel this comment was uncalled for...
"operator who feels normal safety guidelines don't apply"
Was good learning experience for this pilot to take a second look at altitude, rth settings and when to abort mission on first signs of potentially critical warnings.
If this was a water tower flight in a some what rural area. Not metro city where no regard for pubic safety.
Some are really quick to pass judgement yet they be judged... Live by the sword die by the sword mindset to the right and total idiots with no regard to other on the left.
Did anyone ever thing all this data is being used for future autonomous flight. Without human error none of this could be possible.
Best wishes to the pilot and I certainly hope you continue your journey.

I agree with your comment that the tower was in a rural area, it’s flying 2 miles to get there I didn’t understand. Flying a cheap drone 2 miles out of sight is not only illegal it’s unsafe. And he has the pile of parts to prove it. And when I say cheap I mean It is obvious there aren’t enough failsafes built into it at this price.
Live by the sword die by the sword are you talking about Bruce Willis?

Reactions: Dave Billings
Good thing you missed the 6 pages of a kid going over his plans to drop knives from high altitides.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj