Aircraft disconnected and crashed

I flew my P4P out a few miles to the local water tower and everything was going fine at first (I was getting a forward vision sensor error at the time, not sure if this is related). When I got to the water tower my HD video started getting choppy (I was on 5 gHz) but the controller signal was still 3 or 4 bars strong so i figured if i lost video I would just smash the RTH button and I'd be fine. While orbiting the water tower my aircraft suddenly disconnected and didnt reconnect. Dead, nothing, no signal, no GPS, no last known location. I hussled out there and sure enough, there was my drone, smashed to bits on the gravel. What happened? why didnt my drone RTH or auto land?

TLDR: I'm a noob and flew my drone out a few miles, aircraft disconnected, turned into a brick, you know the rest. what happened?

Not cool.. You are not keeping your drone in line of sight. Try following the rules.

So you guys are all good with flying a few miles outside of los and this crash happens. Fortunately it hit the ground, not the tower or worse! I joined this site just recently and thought by the name phantompilots it might be a good forum. I was wrong you guys aren’t pilots at least not responsible ones!
Really so your just going to assume everyone is irresponsible? U won't be missed.....

Reactions: Stimmy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj