Aircraft disconnected and crashed

That would be interesting to see. I'm not sure how the altitude could be that far out though. The tower is listed as 216 ft tall and the aircraft was reporting 166 ft AGL - i.e. 50 ft below the top.

the sd card wasnt in the drone when i found it. I assume it ejected from the drone during the crash. i have the pro+ controller and it must have saved the video locally.

the sd card wasnt in the drone when i found it. I assume it ejected from the drone during the crash. i have the pro+ controller and it must have saved the video locally.

The problem is that nothing was saved locally after the disconnect - only the aircraft has the logs after that. There is nothing in the local DAT that will tell us any more than the txt log that we already have. Shame about the missing SD card.

Edit: disregard - that only applies to the video - the DAT was on the internal SD of course.

OK - it looks like the altimeter was about 30 ft off (too low) towards the end. However, it had descended below the top of the tower by the time it disconnected, and you had throttle down - it was still descending at around 1 m/s. It looks marginal whether it would have descended below the wide section, but hard to tell. Post that DAT file - it will have the full record and we can stop guessing.

I think we're fairly safe to draw this conclusion: putting the water tower between me and the aircraft caused it to disconnect. aircraft attempted to return home but obstacle avoidance was either not turned on or not functioning (I believe I had a forward sensor error at take off and the left landing skid on my drone was slightly damaged although the connections in the skids seemed ok) and it crashed into the side of the water tower.

is there a chance that the aircraft killed the motors when my controller disconnected and it dropped like a rock?

I think we're fairly safe to draw this conclusion: putting the water tower between me and the aircraft caused it to disconnect. aircraft attempted to return home but obstacle avoidance was either not turned on or not functioning (I believe I had a forward sensor error at take off and the left landing skid on my drone was slightly damaged although the connections in the skids seemed ok) and it crashed into the side of the water tower.

is there a chance that the aircraft killed the motors when my controller disconnected and it dropped like a rock?

No - a disconnect will not cause the motors to stop.

Reactions: Oso
how about the water tower causing the controller to disconnect? is that normal or did my drone have a damaged antennae or something that caused poor reception?

is that normal or did my drone have a damaged antennae or something that caused poor reception?
At that distance, going behind that tower would definitely block the RC to AC signal.

Reactions: Oso
So you guys are all good with flying a few miles outside of los and this crash happens. Fortunately it hit the ground, not the tower or worse! I joined this site just recently and thought by the name phantompilots it might be a good forum. I was wrong you guys aren’t pilots at least not responsible ones!

So you guys are all good with flying a few miles outside of los and this crash happens. Fortunately it hit the ground, not the tower or worse! I joined this site just recently and thought by the name phantompilots it might be a good forum. I was wrong you guys aren’t pilots at least not responsible ones!
I think the consensus is that it did hit the tower.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie