Where can I get the downgraded firmware. I have 1.6.80 now. Only had this Standard for about 3 weeks. 608 feet was the best I could to today. I need more...! When I go to the page in the app under the Top Hat, I don't see any other firmware to get. It says that there is none available. Where can I get it?

Ok so here is the log. But it is different from the one that on screenshots. I dont know why.
Here is the restricted area autolanding at 03m 54s: "Mode changed to AutoLanding"

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
I was just curios to see the one that had your home point 30,000 ft away. I never saw that before and was curious how it looked so I knew what to look for so that doesn't happen to me.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've tried the downgrade twice with no improvement. I think I'm back to deciding on sending it back for a replacement or waiting for a new firmware/app release........

Okay. So tell me, what changed in 1.6.80 to cut the signal range, and what exactly does 1.5.7 do to correct it?

For me there is no difference between the two versions in terms of extremely limited range (30m). I am just trying all options to restore it to fully functional. It was working fine just a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to downgrade the iOS app version but cannot. I'm stuck waiting on a response from DJI or just sending it back.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

For me there is no difference between the two versions in terms of extremely limited range (30m). I am just trying all options to restore it to fully functional. It was working fine just a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to downgrade the iOS app version but cannot. I'm stuck waiting on a response from DJI or just sending it back.

Exactly the same here... except I sent it back to DJI Netherlands for repair... they sent me a new RC, but the problem is still there. Sometimes I have the RC Lost at only 20 meters... then RTH... Video feed is however ok all the time... Tried downgrading to 1.5.70, but it's still the same...

Okay. So tell me, what changed in 1.6.80 to cut the signal range, and what exactly does 1.5.7 do to correct it?
Somewhere in forum they have a email from DJI and they said in CE mode they cut the range back in that update. For me with 1.6.8 I was only getting a few thousand feet with that update. After doing this I'm getting over 6,000 by a cell phone tower and a lot of power lines. Its worked for some and not for others it seems like. You can always try it and if you think there is no change just update back. I haven't had any problems and will be staying on this firmware.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm getting 100 feet before it drops rc connection - yes, that's 100 feet only!

Exactly the same here... except I sent it back to DJI Netherlands for repair... they sent me a new RC, but the problem is still there. Sometimes I have the RC Lost at only 20 meters... then RTH... Video feed is however ok all the time... Tried downgrading to 1.5.70, but it's still the same...

The first time I did downgrade. it also gave no improvements.
The 2nd time I have done all updates first. 1.6.8 with the RC on.
DJI GO App 2.3.2
Then again downgraded to 1.5.7 with the RC off and not connected with the app.
Just a clean SD card with only the 1.5.7.bin.
I think that you MUST press RC button for 20 seconds.
Why? it resets the entire drone back to factory value.
You just install then only the firmware for the drone on the most cleanest way.

After the downgrade now I get 120 meter high rise. and 450 meters distance ...
Before the downgrade I received: 50 M Up to 80 M distance ..

The first time I did downgrade. it also gave no improvements.
The 2nd time I have done all updates first. 1.6.8 with the RC on.
DJI GO App 2.3.2
Then again downgraded to 1.5.7 with the RC off and not connected with the app.
Just a clean SD card with only the 1.5.7.bin.
I think that you MUST press RC button for 20 seconds.
Why? it resets the entire drone back to factory value.
You just install then only the firmware for the drone on the most cleanest way.

After the downgrade now I get 120 meter high rise. and 450 meters distance ...
Before the downgrade I received: 50 M Up to 80 M distance ..

Tried using the original SD card (reformatted), downgrade, etc, no luck. 30-40 meters (~120 feet) and I get RC Lost every time. Right now I'm trying to install 1.6.8 from the SDcard and will update after that. This is my last attempt, if this doesn't work I'm just going to wait until after my next appointment and send it in for repair. So frustrating, only had it for two months. Sounds like I am not able to get my money back....

I did the downgrade to 1.5.7 last night. I think it made an improvement. I could not get a good test due to the high winds out here right now. 20 mph out of the west, but I flew anyway. Regardless off wind, I got 150 meters distance the first try at 30 meters altitude. I was disappointed! So I tried again. This time was much better. I actually got 294 meters distance (out of sight for me) before I got scared (yes...Grandpa Don got scared). I could not see the drone at all! I think it could have gone farther, but I selected "Go Home" anyway and held my breath. Because of the strong wind, it was far right of selected path, but heading home. When I finally reacquired it visually, I manually helped steer it until it was right overhead for landing. The only thing I can remember doing different on the second more successful try, was that I was careful to place the antenna perfectly vertical and facing the drone. I did lose signal once when it was directly overhead at 100 meters. But I think that was my fault. The antenna was still vertical and not facing the drone. It seems that antenna position is very critical.

The Phantom 3S handles the strong wind fairly well despite having to assist it manually at times. It was making very slow progress coming home heading directly into the 20 mph wind. But when I gave it full forward on the right stick it easily gained speed. Landing was not as smooth in the wind either. It hunted for the ground a bit. Flying in the wind is not fun, but the P3S can handle it. I'm hoping to do more testing for range when the winds die down. The wind is blowing from left to right in the image.

Attachments

• GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    GoogleEarth_Image.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 434
Any tray to see or format the second micro sd of down of the battery? Its possible the limits are in this misterious micro sd?

Attachments

• 20160627_134823.jpg
    20160627_134823.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 20160627_134530.jpg
    20160627_134530.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 410

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member