By the way, anybody can help me?
After upgrading to 1.6.8 I had issue "Lost signal", 2 days ago Im updated to 1.7.9, but the issue is same.
Can I downgrade 2 steps from 1.7.9 to 1.5.7 ? How I can do it ?

If it didn't work there is no way to downgrade twice. You can go down only 1 fw

Sent from my Samsung mobile.
I read about a way, but I haven't tested it myself. First you have to use the SD card method and rename the FW bin file you want to use with the name of the very last FW.

After upgrading to 1.6.8 I had issue "Lost signal", 2 days ago Im updated to 1.7.9, but the issue is same.

if you are using 1.7.9 .. they you have ****** up just like me bro.. 1.7.9 is not able to downgrade to any versions.. even one step...

if you are using 1.7.9 .. they you have ****** up just like me bro.. 1.7.9 is not able to downgrade to any versions.. even one step...
The 1.7.9 FW works just fine, there's are thousands of drones users using it with no issues. Some saying their range is much better than 1.6.8 and some saying even 1.5.7. So it's not all about the FW, there are other things that can go wrong with your equipment. Like a malfunction of hardware that might need repaired.

Last edited:
Please read my post above #228. If your having the same issue using different FW versions, one would think it's not FW related??

As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..

Hi I don't have a RC Link button ??

I've downgraded drone to 1.5.7
But the remote didn't seem to take any changes.
How do you know when your remote also gets downgraded ?

My RC shows
root@dji:~# cat /etc/firmware_version
hardware version:WM321-01
loader version:00.00.00.01
software version:01.00.09.56
How do you get the RC firmware info? I have been attempting to downgrade with no luck at all. I plan to try again this weekend.
Well dam! That seem to have worked!

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

At 6.10 this is the lights/noises it made when the downgrade was in progress, and 26.10 when complete:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Do you have the file in the root of the SD card? Also, which firmware are you going from and to (I went from 1.6.80 to 1.5.7)?

Also, this is where I got the file: Manual Downgrade Phantom 3 Standard (for FW 1.6.80 issue), and from there I followed these steps (I think there the same as post 1, but I can't check this at the moment, writing from my mobile).

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just wanted to say I did some tests at my job and while on 1.6.8 I was able to go 3900 ft. After doing this and going to 1.5.7 I just got 6500 ft before rth kicked in. Just wanna say thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

No been trying all afternoon without success hold in link button turn on bird
with correct .bin file on newly formatted card makes a noise similar to upgrade but less chirps also front led is only green not red/green
rear led Green.

Any help please?
Lez....
I have the same issue. Has anyone figured out how to downgrade?
We are not downgrading the RC when we do this, Just the bird. If you somehow manage to downgrade the RC, the DJI Go App will force you to upgrade. It seems as long the RC is on the newest, you can change the bird to anyone you want.

Downgrade went successfully, AC is now version 1.5.70+. I didnt connect the RC after downgrading from 1.6 to 1.5 so the remote should stay 1.6. App version 3.1.11, im gonna test the distance tomorrow. Im flying the P3S too btw with the antenna mod.

Terugkomend op mijn vorige bericht. Geen resultaat. Misschien 50 meter meer. Heb de P3S verkocht en de mavic pro gekocht.

Hello,

i have the range problem with my drone. I installed the 1.5.7 but still only 40m of range.. What i have to do?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31