Will active track become available to P3P/A?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Watching the presentation and the videos it doesn't seem like active track is a feature that uses anything other than the camera... Anyone got any ideas as to whether they think it will be pushed over firmware to P3P/A editions?

That's a selling point on the new model. At the current price of the P3 I think it's obvious that none feature will be added. That would make the P4 even less a smart purchase.
I hope to be wrong although but I don't see DJI making a decision that would cannibalize their own products and losing money to a cheaper model.

Reactions: ChrisRN
I think it's also somewhat hardware based as well. As I've found it, it requires a pretty hefty CPU and probably more memory as well. If it was easy to do (with just software) I'd suspect it would have been added years ago.

Keep this in mind, the P3 has the ability to follow someone right now. The examples that DJI show are not real world demos as it shows people running around and being followed by the P4. Well, you still need to keep the controller within range unless you want the P4 to try to fly back home when the battery goes low. What the P4 really adds is it's ability to keep a object in frame within a confined area. But how many times will this be needed? You can so this manually with a camera, the drone just gives an over-head view. Ever thought about flying your drone at a baseball of football game? People will love that! So really, how often would the Active Tracking be used.

Last comment... Active Tracking is a nice feature. I someone wants the P4 because it has this, great! I'd love to be one of those people. Additional options are always good.

Watching the presentation and the videos it doesn't seem like active track is a feature that uses anything other than the camera... Anyone got any ideas as to whether they think it will be pushed over firmware to P3P/A editions?
No but there is 3rd party vendors currently in beta with active tracking and tap to follow features

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have worked on "face recognition on the move" technology and its not so difficult to implement. It will loose track of objects if it sees crowd. It's easy to track a single objects movements in open space. Anyway we will see the results on P4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20