P3 Camera Not Responding: Green light on camera, no crash, latest firmware, good SD card. All help welcome!

Reaction score
My P3 4K camera works intermittently, meaning sometimes it would be fine and others it would not show an image on the app. At all times the green light on the front of the gimbal assembly shows green, and it did this before and after a firmware update (but did work after the update). I would shutdown the P3, the RC, and the app, restart all, and it may then work but usually not. It's like it's fine one day and nothing the next. It doesn't seem to be temperature related.

Reading on the forum, I checked the cable but did not disassemble anything. The ribbon cables and the cable from the gimbal assembly to the P3 body looks good, as far as I can see (attached pics). I have pushed the cables to see if it does anything, but no.

Any hints? My next step is to disassemble the body to check the cables.

UPDATE: I just checked again, and it shows nothing on the app screen (but everything else seems ok - camera controls, gimbal light, etc). But when I take a photo it saves a photo to the SD card. So it's the downlink, not the camera, firmware, SD card, etc.). I then tried again (reinsert the SD, restart all, etc), and it worked fine with no change otherwise. Interestingly, the video wifi signal shows solid either way!

The SD card shows:

========== 2020.08.31 20:29:29 =====================
Packet: P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Ed Hoffmann
20200906_162726.jpg
20200906_162726.jpg

Last edited:
Next time this happens, remove the SD-card.

The issue may be that your sd-card slot connections are not holding properly, or your sd-card is partially damaged.

If the image is recorded correctly to the SD card, it is not a problem with the card.

Does any telemetry show up on the phone/tablet? If you are getting anything there, the downlink is working, and it is probably a able from the camera to the aircraft.

Next time this happens, remove the SD-card.

The issue may be that your sd-card slot connections are not holding properly, or your sd-card is partially damaged.

I just tried it and it was inconclusive.
  • Everything off
  • Remove SD card
  • Reinsert
  • Turn on RC
  • Connect to WiFi
  • Turn on A/C
  • Good video signal!
  • Then:
  • Shut everything down
  • Repeat
  • No video signal (but SD card shows data on screen - .jpg format, etc.)
  • Take a picture (which later turns up on the SD card on my computer)
  • Shut everything down
  • Repeat
  • It works!
mmm....I will continue to try your suggestion. Thank you!

If the image is recorded correctly to the SD card, it is not a problem with the card.

Does any telemetry show up on the phone/tablet? If you are getting anything there, the downlink is working, and it is probably a able from the camera to the aircraft.

Yes, the telemetry shows on the app (battery voltage and temperature, etc.). I am starting to be a believer in a bad cable, but that is no fun to replace!

Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers