Are the P3 4k camera and gimbal the same as those on the P3P??

hph

Reaction score
I've already read significant discussion on this group about upgrading the P3A by using a "4k cam and gimbal and upgrade the P3A's firmware to P3Ps."

However, I'm somewhat discomboberated as to the terminology being used. So, please allow me to ask these questions (I abhor wasting good moolah!!):

1. Is the camera/gimbal from a P3 4k the same as the cam/gimbal on the P3P?

2. Can I exchange the cam/gimbal from a P3 4k with the stock ones on the P3Advanced, update firmware, and it essentially become a P3P?

3. OR, do I have to use the 4k cam/gimbal from the P3P to upgrade the P3 advanced?

Where the terminology in the previous discussions about upgrading the P3A cam/gimbal is confusing is some posters use just "4k" while some use "Pro 4k." If the two cams/gimbals are the SAME, then that's OK. If they are not, then that's NOT OK.

When I read "4k" I'm assuming the equipment is from the P3 4k. However, the P3P also has a 4k cam/gimbal!!!!!!

Thanks for your help in eradicating my discomboberation!!!

I've already read significant discussion on this group about upgrading the P3A by using a "4k cam and gimbal and upgrade the P3A's firmware to P3Ps."

However, I'm somewhat discomboberated as to the terminology being used. So, please allow me to ask these questions (I abhor wasting good moolah!!):

2. Can I exchange the cam/gimbal from a P3 4k with the stock ones on the P3Advanced, update firmware, and it essentially become a P3P?

3. OR, do I have to use the 4k cam/gimbal from the P3P to upgrade the P3 advanced?

Where the terminology in the previous discussions about upgrading the P3A cam/gimbal is confusing is some posters use just "4k" while some use "Pro 4k." If the two cams/gimbals are the SAME, then that's OK. If they are not, then that's NOT OK.

When I read "4k" I'm assuming the equipment is from the P3 4k. However, the P3P also has a 4k cam/gimbal!!!!!!

Thanks for your help in eradicating my discomboberation!!!
We get this question very often as you can see in a search. Sadly, a few people tried it without searching here first and it didn't end well for them.

No, they are not the same at all. The P34K does not use lightbridge.

No, they are not compatible at all. The P34K does not use lightbridge.

That is correct. Only a P3P gimbal/camera can be used to turn a P3A into a P3P.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
We get this question very often as you can see in a search. Sadly, a few people tried it without searching here first and it didn't end well for them.

That is correct. Only a P3P camera can be used to turn a P3A into a P3P.

That is correct. Only a P3P camera can be used to turn a P3A into a P3P.

Thanks, Oso. Your answers were xactamente what I was after. And I very much appreciate them. You've prevented me from making the mistake those "few" others have made. With your help, my moolah is saved! :grinning:

Reactions: Oso and Numone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers