Weak controller signal after latest firmware update

Reaction score
A few days ago I installed the new firmware on my p4pro drone and controller but since then I have been experiencing a very weak controller signal and aircraft gets disconnected immediately.

Anyone of you experiencing the same issue?

Reactions: OsmarKruger
Hi, also me and lots of people have the same issue, search this forum and you will see thread with more than 10 pages with the issue.
I've downgraded to the previous firmware.I recommend to do the same... Use dji assistant 2

Hi, also me and lots of people have the same issue, search this forum and you will see thread with more than 10 pages with the issue.
I've downgraded to the previous firmware.I recommend to do the same... Use dji assistant 2
Thanks .. will have a look!

Mine seems to be good after update except for a weird camera issue last night. When I would try to take a pic it would turn the camera real hard to the left almost pointed right at the landing strut. Camera would just kind of drift after that some too. Then after about a minute of that it just comes out of it. So weird. It did this twice last night. Thought I was going to have to land to try to fix on the ground. But it worked perfect after that. Flew two batteries in the daylight hours just before this and it was perfect also!

A few days ago I installed the new firmware on my p4pro drone and controller but since then I have been experiencing a very weak controller signal and aircraft gets disconnected immediately.

Anyone of you experiencing the same issue?

Yeah. I see where you're at. I think it's safe to say that this fecal firmware is a huge step backward in so many ways. A poor live video feed is pretty much one of the worst things that DJI can implement in a previously working craft.

The 800lb gorilla in the room here is that pretty much the most basic testing and QA would have manifested these common issues now being brought up. The only explanation is that DJI really does almost no QA prior to releasing this cruddy coding which cripples craft and frustrates customers. Then they are left to deal with totally useless DJI customer service staff who appear to know nothing about the product to begin with and are not able to do anything anyway (which apparently is an "improvement" over the past).

Even worse is that this isn't the first time this type of experience has happened which is evidence that DJI doesn't even learn from its previous mistakes when it comes to this and simply repeats them, albeit at a worse scale. I see how some people like BladeStrike get defensive, because part of their job is to test this stuff before it comes out, and unleashing this toilet firmware in some senses makes him look bad (indirectly).

The funny thing about the outpouring of this diarrhea firmware is that features were lost, bugs introduced, and no one can point to a single "improvement" over the previous firmware. We are in for a long wait (seems to be 5-6 weeks) before this toilet bowl stain of a release gets even partly sanitized.

Yeah. I see where you're at. I think it's safe to say that this fecal firmware is a huge step backward in so many ways. A poor live video feed is pretty much one of the worst things that DJI can implement in a previously working craft.

The 800lb gorilla in the room here is that pretty much the most basic testing and QA would have manifested these common issues now being brought up. The only explanation is that DJI really does almost no QA prior to releasing this cruddy coding which cripples craft and frustrates customers. Then they are left to deal with totally useless DJI customer service staff who appear to know nothing about the product to begin with and are not able to do anything anyway (which apparently is an "improvement" over the past).

Even worse is that this isn't the first time this type of experience has happened which is evidence that DJI doesn't even learn from its previous mistakes when it comes to this and simply repeats them, albeit at a worse scale. I see how some people like BladeStrike get defensive, because part of their job is to test this stuff before it comes out, and unleashing this toilet firmware in some senses makes him look bad (indirectly).

The funny thing about the outpouring of this diarrhea firmware is that features were lost, bugs introduced, and no one can point to a single "improvement" over the previous firmware. We are in for a long wait (seems to be 5-6 weeks) before this toilet bowl stain of a release gets even partly sanitized.
Are you SkyHighAerials over at rc group and dji forum or are you plagiarizing someone else's words? In either case, is this the post you're gonna post in multiple threads from now on? I share your frustration but....

Reactions: Shammyh
Good morning. I also have this problem, I have P3P and I updated yesterday with a firmware version V01.11.020 and I am not able to fly because only the red bar with the message "Remote Controller Signal Weak" appears. Can someone help me? I already tried installing an old version of the firmware but I did not succeed either.

Good morning. I also have this problem, I have P3P and I updated yesterday with a firmware version V01.11.020 and I am not able to fly because only the red bar with the message "Remote Controller Signal Weak" appears. Can someone help me? I already tried installing an old version of the firmware but I did not succeed either.
I suggest you post this in the P3P section where those owners hang out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic