[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

TXT files are available on my iPad but I can not do anything from my Mac. I am obliged to go through a site that I find totally aberrant.

Some might say that Macs are totally aberrant :). But let's not have that discussion here. Instead, have you tried using Wine on your mac? Good chance that the utility will run fine in that environment..

beginner to this world of decryption of recorded flight, I just tried to use it to determine if my crash on seventh flight was my fault or not. I still have to understand the relation ship between, yaw, pitch, roll, RCaileron, RCrudder and RCelevator during the last seconds, and need to zoom in.
May be an experimented pilot will be able to give me the answer.
The joined file is the CSV file with .csv changed into .txt to allow authorized uploading.

Attachments

• CSV_as_txt.txt
    606.5 KB · Views: 508
beginner to this world of decryption of recorded flight, I just tried to use it to determine if my crash on seventh flight was my fault or not. I still have to understand the relation ship between, yaw, pitch, roll, RCaileron, RCrudder and RCelevator during the last seconds, and need to zoom in.
The joined file is the CSV file with .csv changed into .txt to allow authorized uploading.
I have not been able to use the .txt file you provided with CsvView, format is no recognized.
Can you share the .DAT through a link to dropox by example?

Reactions: speleo
I have not been able to use the .txt file you provided with CsvView, format is no recognized.
Can you share the .DAT through a link to dropox by example?
Thank you for having tried to help.
I do not know how to get the .dat from iPad and I do not have a dropbox.
May be you can get the csv file after renaming it with.csv.

Thank you for having tried to help.
I do not know how to get the .dat from iPad and I do not have a dropbox.
May be you can get the csv file after renaming it with.csv.
CSV is fine, there is some data in it. I din't renamed it from .TXT to .CSV and CsvView was not able to process it. I will have look on it.

as I see it, thanks to your negative throttle stick input, your P3S had very hard crashlanding

In addition to what ferraript indicates, your fly was in Atti mode. So stick commands are much more important as there is only a minimum of automatic stabilisation, braking has to be done by pilot. It probably bring you to underestimate the distance needed to brake and some panic created wrong throttle action.
Capture77.PNG

Last edited:
Hello, many thanks for your analysis ferraript et Dronason.
I should have explained the conditions of the crash :
At 371s I tried to bring back the drone without being sure of its heading. at 378 it crashed in a tree, then it fell down to the ground and possibly at that moment I had a throttle action to stop the motors.
Of course the ATTI mode put me -beginner - in a critical situation that I was unable to manage.
What I am unsure is if the back to home from 371 s was due to a too brutal command RC elevator or if the return speed of the drone was the result of a flyaway.
In any case I understand that DJI will never taake this crash under guarantee.:(
Thanks anyway for your time to analyse.

What I am unsure is if the back to home from 371 s was due to a too brutal command RC elevator or if the return speed of the drone was the result of a flyaway.
yeah, elevator stick was almost at top most position (90 %) for a while, AC accelerated to almost 10 m/s, I see no flyaway

Tanks for this new answer : I spent still a lot of time using the datas from CsvView. My question now is :
when I released the elevator stick to middle during 1.5 seconds then to reverse during 0.5 seconds the speed did not decreased significantly. Should it be considered as a normal reaction time from the aircraft ?

Yes, this is normal in ATTI mode, you control the tilt angle of the aircraft and define if you accelerate or slow down.
If you do nothing after accelerating, there will be no active brake, it will just continue straight and only drag losses will reduce speed.

I learned something new today once again. I now understand what was the meaning of the warning : "ATTI mode : aircraft will not hover " My native language is french and the warning was english !

Hi Boys,

The latest GO cca from 4.6.10 makes strange BATTERY Cell readings! All of battery informations is unbeliveable, but others later is correct! So there must be some unwaited coding diff in logs, what out converter not handle! Check the attached original log and CSV, which was created by latest tool!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-24_[13-13-54]_1170_0.txt
    506.9 KB · Views: 397
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-08_[21-58-28].txt
    42.5 KB · Views: 485
Hi Boys,

The latest GO cca from 4.6.10 makes strange BATTERY Cell readings! All of battery informations is unbeliveable, but others later is correct! So there must be some unwaited coding diff in logs, what out converter not handle! Check the attached original log and CSV, which was created by latest tool!
well, iOS's versions are undocumented, so I always have to guess, what is what and where it is

@ferraript, you can download the new Android version from APKMirror here. I did not dig into it to see if DJI made the same change there.

@ferraript, you can download the new Android version from APKMirror here. I did not dig into it to see if DJI made the same change there.
they just added 1 detection byte that was already present in Android version, so I don't think they changed those battery columns in Android version too
by the way, I can see that your LogViewer still can't read those battery data, don't you need some help with that? :p

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj