The professional filter set for the Phantom 3

i am at middel east time and it has been 2 days now, i send him one more mail ,
lets wait and see.

thanks fir replying guys.

i was reading this thread from the begging, and didnt find an answer which would satesfied me regarding the vingiatin with cpl filter.
is croping the only way to go ?
does it accord on any other set up ?
is this a filter size/distance problem or filter problem ?
do you guys use a light meter or simply wasting battery power to test lighting and filter install?
i am considering using my old light meter, and buying a used bad battery for cheap just to make modification before sn actuall flight .
what do you guys thing about that?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

i am at middel east time and it has been 2 days now, i send him one more mail ,
lets wait and see.

thanks fir replying guys.

i was reading this thread from the begging, and didnt find an answer which would satesfied me regarding the vingiatin with cpl filter.
is croping the only way to go ?
does it accord on any other set up ?
is this a filter size/distance problem or filter problem ?
do you guys use a light meter or simply wasting battery power to test lighting and filter install?
i am considering using my old light meter, and buying a used bad battery for cheap just to make modification before sn actuall flight .
what do you guys thing about that?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk
I only notice Vignetting when using the CPL and yes it is only a distance/size problem.

Reminder to all, this thread is not for discussion of buying and selling. That is what the classifieds are for. Discussion about using the ND filters or comparing them, etc. is fine. But discuss orders in the classifieds only. Sellers can answer questions but should not advertise their product outside of the classifieds.

Reactions: koop
Reminder to all, this thread is not for discussion of buying and selling. That is what the classifieds are for. Discussion about using the ND filters or comparing them, etc. is fine. But discuss orders in the classifieds only. Sellers can answer questions but should not advertise their product outside of the classifieds.
So what about my other questions?[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

Can someone with this kit post a raw picture showing the vignetting issue? Just want to get an idea of how much of the frame is effected, and how bad...

Hello,
can somebody tell me what is the outside diameter of the barrel installed ?
Many thanks and happy flying.

Hello,
can somebody tell me what is the outside diameter of the barrel installed ?
Many thanks and happy flying.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453813683.814325.jpg

Can someone with this kit post a raw picture showing the vignetting issue? Just want to get an idea of how much of the frame is effected, and how bad...
See post 173 in this thread.

If someone wants to try to make a gimbal clamp for various configurations of this set here are all the dimensions in picture.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814387.060502.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814398.666238.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814408.971195.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814425.863800.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814438.609240.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814456.328655.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814485.993565.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814500.301099.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453814540.137650.jpg

Reactions: Reed L
You guys finding motor temperature okay with this set?

Zero gimbal temperature issue when properly counterbalanced. Using one 10 gram and two 5 gram counterweights placed as I show and describe in post #149 in this thread, I get better balance than provided in the OEM configuration.

I always leave these in place since I have no further use of the OEM "UV" filter.

Full disclosure however, every time I am finished shooting with the filters, I remove the filters, barrel and retainer ring and screw in the included lens cap. A gimbal clamp made for Polar Pro filters fits the lens cap and works perfectly. (also shown in post 149). This is time consuming and tedious, but no more so than when I am finished shooting with my DSLR. I figure that when I am using this system I have switched from "point and shoot" to prosumer photography and I am willing to pay the price in time for the more professional results.

Reactions: Reed L
Zero gimbal temperature issue when properly counterbalanced. Using one 10 gram and two 5 gram counterweights placed as I show and describe in post #149 in this thread, I get better balance than provided in the OEM configuration.

I always leave these in place since I have no further use of the OEM "UV" filter.

Full disclosure however, every time I am finished shooting with the filters, I remove the filters, barrel and retainer ring and screw in the included lens cap. A gimbal clamp made for Polar Pro filters fits the lens cap and works perfectly. (also shown in post 149). This is time consuming and tedious, but no more so than when I am finished shooting with my DSLR. I figure that when I am using this system I have switched from "point and shoot" to prosumer photography and I am willing to pay the price in time for the more professional results.
Thanks for this. I'm really interested to know what filters you use in various scenarios. I have the set but too windy to use here at the moment!

Most commonly I use some combination of a solid ND and a GR .
Night flights are usually best shot with just the UV filter.
In cloudy/hazy conditions I will usually just use a GR2 or GR4 or if slightly brighter cloudy I'll use the ND 8. If I am shooting mostly landscapes (not much sky) I can get by with just the UV.
In partly cloudy, I'll default to the ND 16 and depending on whether I am shooting just the landscape or a bunch of sky, I'll add a GR.
Full on bright with high reflectivity, I'll use the ND 32 + GRs as needed.
I use the CPL when my shooting orientation is going to be 90 degrees from the sun and I either want to change the reflectivity of the water or increase the sky color depth/cloud contrasts.

Reactions: QaaUz and razus69
Most commonly I use some combination of a solid ND and a GR .
Night flights are usually best shot with just the UV filter.
In cloudy/hazy conditions I will usually just use a GR2 or GR4 or if slightly brighter cloudy I'll use the ND 8. If I am shooting mostly landscapes (not much sky) I can get by with just the UV.
In partly cloudy, I'll default to the ND 16 and depending on whether I am shooting just the landscape or a bunch of sky, I'll add a GR.
Full on bright with high reflectivity, I'll use the ND 32 + GRs as needed.
I use the CPL when my shooting orientation is going to be 90 degrees from the sun and I either want to change the reflectivity of the water or increase the sky color depth/cloud contrasts.
Thanks, Jeff.

Great info, Jeff. When using certain filters in certain conditions, are you using any custom settings for photo/video via the GO App? This is asking a lot if you care to share those settings, I know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT