The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

just restart your computer and it will work ok..

Just completed the upgrade. All seems fine. Set distance and height at forty feet. PV2 stops and GPS lights turn from green to red and maintains 40 and 40. So far so good I guess time will tell the real story. :)

Completed the update and put my P2V through a full battery of flying and all looks well. I set the limits to 100 ft and sure enough the P2V honored the limits set. And I would agree with the other posts the descent has definitely changed although nothing to really measure against to confirm I guess we can calculate it from a set height but don't see any reason to confirm that setting. But so far so good will run another battery through and report back if any issues arise.

gfredrone said:
Just updated without issue. 7th channel gimbal hack remains in tact. Set limits to 2000m for both height and radius.

Someone else mentioned that the Gimbal Adjustment Tab had disappeared in the new Assistant version. Can you confirm we can still adjust the Gimbal settings in the new update?

Bigbells said:
The maximum descent rate certainly seems to have been successfully decreased. I can't verify this with any actual measurements but I have no doubt that it is true, based on my bringing my Vision down from 260 feet.

so your saying If I want to do a high flight better do it before update
nothing like running out of power on the way down from 3000ft because I was not able to speed down
Ive come down from 1700ft full down till about 200 ft then just ram it into forward worked like a charm 3 times

Pull_Up said:
Can anyone who's done the upgrade do a compass calibration? I've had someone report to me they can't get past the first stage (turn on the yaw axis) since they updates to 2.0 today...

Oh bother... :(

Pull_Up said:
Actually that is a good point. Anyone who is a "high flyer" is going to have to take into account the halving of the max descent rate in their calculations about when to head back down...
Except for the fact that I'd already read posts from people who apparently went into freefall due to propwash. I had never been hesitant to come down fast until I read those posts.

But yes, coming down from 300 meters will now take 1 minute 40 seconds minimum.

Pull_Up said:
Can anyone who's done the upgrade do a compass calibration? I've had someone report to me they can't get past the first stage (turn on the yaw axis) since they updates to 2.0 today...

i just upgraded and didn't have any problems with compass calibration or any other problems. It's pretty windy here at the moment, so didn't fly very much.

If your up at 1700 feet and need to get down fast, just turn off the rotors wait about 5 seconds then turn them back on. Problem solved :D

How long does updating the PV2 firmware take? I have been "updating" for over 10 minutes. If that is too long any recommendations on what to do next. Thanks

It took me less than 5 minutes for both installs and power cycles. Not sure that I would want to interrupt it if it has already started installing the update.

Heard the gimbal screen is gone ? How can you adjust it now ?

Mori55 said:
Heard the gimbal screen is gone ? How can you adjust it now ?
I have the new firmware update and still have the gimble settings. Someone has said that if you have the 7th channel hack to revert back to Vision to see it in Vision assistant. I do believe that it would be a good idea to revert back to Vision before upgrading for those that are using the hack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Maybe I am not in the right area or not doing something right but I do not see any updates yet for anything

Ok here is my two cents worth, In reading both release notes and it seems to me that the update benefits those who have a phantom 2. For those who have the vision like me, The only benefit Is if you can call it that is the geo fencing, Now I am very happy flying to a max distance of 2000 feet and 500 feet altitude that is just fine for me personally.
If and when the ground station becomes available, then maybe I would upgrade, but in the mean time I don't see the benefit.
just like the o'le saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl