The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

Anyone who has done it could they remark how the landing is now they have taken the bump out

:D

going to stay where im at..firmly believe that "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

Not a bad philosophy - I'm certainly sitting tight for a day or two until we see flight reports (been an early adopter before, someone else's turn now!) - but if you want the autonomous waypoint flying system that's coming up you'll have to either update to this version first, or another future one. Logistically I would have thought they would put the aircraft-side code they needed for waypoints in this version (parallel with the P2 and its Ground Station compatibility code), then in a couple of weeks they'll just need to update the Vision app and we can have waypoint flying without a further firmware update so soon after this one...

Man, if you are a couple of hours late on posting in this forum, it's all old news.

I updated the firmware completely, and everything seems to work. Not sure what to do to complete the Way Point deal, but I am sure we will figure it out.

Firestat said:
Man, if you are a couple of hours late on posting in this forum, it's all old news.

I updated the firmware completely, and everything seems to work. Not sure what to do to complete the Way Point deal, but I am sure we will figure it out.

I think the Way Point system will be released in a future app update....Lets hope its sooner, rather than later.

Thanks, RC. I get a little confused about some of this stuff. Looking forward to the way point.

Just updated without issue. 7th channel gimbal hack remains in tact. Set limits to 2000m for both height and radius.

Pull_Up said:
Yep, seeing reports on other forums and from other parts of the world that it's all systems go.

So, who's done it and flight tested it?
Guinea pig here. Done it and flight tested it with my P2 Vision. It's very nice not to have the rev-up when bringing the throttle down for landing. The upgrade has effectively addressed that problem. Other than that I haven't tried to do anything which would prove or disprove any changes that were made by DJI.

There is an old YouTube video of a Colin Guinn interview stating that the Chinese government had DJI put a geo fence around an area in China. Colin would not state where this place was but said it could be bypassed by taking it out of GPS mode. I'll post a link to the video here when I find it.

As far as this upgrade, I'm going to wait for reasons given by others.

gfredrone said:
Just updated without issue. 7th channel gimbal hack remains in tact. Set limits to 2000m for both height and radius.

The hack still works? THAT'S good news... That's the only reason I haven't done the hack yet. Thank you, sir !!!! :D :D :D

-slinger

Bigbells said:
Pull_Up said:
Yep, seeing reports on other forums and from other parts of the world that it's all systems go.

So, who's done it and flight tested it?
Guinea pig here. Done it and flight tested it with my P2 Vision. It's very nice not to have the rev-up when bringing the throttle down for landing. The upgrade has effectively addressed that problem. Other than that I haven't tried to do anything which would prove or disprove any changes that were made by DJI.

Did you just update the main controller firmware or did you update anything else?

Did the update... used a Mac... all went well...

Flew just in front of the house... simple test only included: take off, hover, position hold (wind gusting to 20mph today) basic maneuvers, and landing back in my driveway... I have not tried the altitude limit yet as I am near an executive airport (within a mile), so I stayed under 100'... If I get to fly later elsewhere, I will test the altitude limit and report back (will be setting to 425 feet)...

MikeySoft said:
There is an old YouTube video of a Colin Guinn interview stating that the Chinese government had DJI put a geo fence around an area in China. Colin would not state where this place was but said it could be bypassed by taking it out of GPS mode. I'll post a link to the video here when I find it.

As far as this upgrade, I'm going to wait for reasons given by others.
I found the video.
http://youtu.be/n7h8x28rKMg

The maximum descent rate certainly seems to have been successfully decreased. I can't verify this with any actual measurements but I have no doubt that it is true, based on my bringing my Vision down from 260 feet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20