Remote ID Question regarding Phantom 4 Pro

I am going through Pierce Aerospace for my RID module. I felt better going through a company based in the USA.

Am I mistaken.. I updated a P4 and it has rid menu options.
Haven't seen a P4 update in years, did you get it from DJI downloads?
Think I found it, only transmits to DJI Aeroscope so not approved. Oh well, guess I'll spend $100 and hope it doesn't fall off.

Last edited:
There is no reason to upgrade the remote really. I find using a iPad mini 6 a better option for me. You get a bigger screen and it compacts down better then the screened version does. As for RID, it is still far enough away to not worry about it. There are going to be a lot of options that come available to attach to the drone as we get closer to September. Heck who knows maybe DJI could surprise us all and give us a firmware update and give us RID built into out P4P drones. Who knows what the future holds for us. I wouldn't worry about it right now. Just enjoy flying your drone and share with us your adventures with it.
I have an Ipad Mini 6 and it will not work with my P4P. DJI says they do not support the newer Ipads. I can use my older Ipad Mini 4 but not the Ipad Mini 6. Do you use the Ipad Mini 6 with a P4P?

I have an Ipad Mini 6 and it will not work with my P4P. DJI says they do not support the newer Ipads. I can use my older Ipad Mini 4 but not the Ipad Mini 6. Do you use the Ipad Mini 6 with a P4P?
I have had a lot of problems with the iPad 6 mini. I have had to go with the iPad mini 5 to fly my phantom. I had mistyped on the post. DJI says that this doesn’t work with the phantom. I have tried multiple cables and adapters to get the 6 to work and nothing works. I believe it is the USB C and nothing to do with the operating system. I have everything on both iPads exactly the same, and the only difference is the 5 has a lightning port and the 6 has a USB C port. I have cornered DJI with this and they are mute about this except they say they are bringing this up to the appropriate teams. With the new IPhone 15 having a USB C port it doesn’t work with the phantom either in theory. I haven’t tried it yet. I plan to do that in the near future.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj