The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

Pull_Up said:
If it's causing a failsafe (RTH) then it's not a wifi issue, it's a transmitter/receiver issue....
Hmm..thanks for the quick response Pull_Up! Should I try and do a recalibration in the software? I'm still learning but I've been trying to learn as much as possible before asking dumb questions.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No, that just affects the centring of the sticks. Did you just plug the aircraft into the Assistant to do the update? No other changes made at all - stock transmitter? You haven't done an antenna mod? Didn't drop it? Had the antenna pointed up towards the sky, and the antennas on the aircraft both pointing straight down? Did you accidentally put the new height/range limits to a low number?

Pull_Up said:
No, that just affects the centring of the sticks. Did you just plug the aircraft into the Assistant to do the update? No other changes made at all - stock transmitter? You haven't done an antenna mod? Didn't drop it? Had the antenna pointed up towards the sky, and the antennas on the aircraft both pointing straight down? Did you accidentally put the new height/range limits to a low number?

No mods at all. The only thing I changed in the software was putting it in naza mode instead of vision mode. I noticed that even when I was only a few feet away from it the wifi signal only had 2/3 bars. As I would fly away from myself it would grey out at maybe 150ft but still have camera function till around 250ft.
No drops or crashes either. I'm waiting for a battery to change up and I'll check my settings again.

Okay, here's where it's set. All at default. Is there any firmware for the repeater maybe?
4eqaveqy.jpg

Pull_Up said:
Nope. What does it say your Receiver firmware version is in the updates section?
yhe5evy7.jpg

Guess I should have gone with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" before doing the update.
Now I also noticed that my video won't play back on my phone. Gives an error "can not play video but the video plays ok on the computer...

AnselA said:
AmosMoses said:
Oh, batteries on the extender, tx, and Phantom were fully charged.

How did you charge TX batteries?
I'm using Duracell rechargeable batts fresh from RadioShack.

I can't see any particular benefit to this update. My P2V works just fine now and I don't regard the geofence as an enhancement. So, if I don't install it what happens when the next update comes along?

AnselA said:
AmosMoses said:
AnselA said:
AmosMoses said:

How did you charge TX batteries?
I'm using Duracell rechargeable batts fresh from RadioShack.

Can you measure their voltages?

Nope, no volt meter. If it was the batteries in the tx wouldn't there be an alarm of some sort?

rfernandez said:
Show your work, please. I'm pretty sure that 3 m/s is less than 7 mph. Each meter per second equals 2.24 mph.

You are all wrong.. 3m/s equates to 9.84ft/s
No, everybody's wrong. 3m/s equates to 18038 furlongs/fortnight. (Probably got that wrong too.)

grochester said:
I can't see any particular benefit to this update. My P2V works just fine now and I don't regard the geofence as an enhancement. So, if I don't install it what happens when the next update comes along?
I've not updated yet. But the geofence seems like a good idea to prevent flyaways.
The limits are set by the user so set them, 5000m radius if you like.

grochester said:

I set my limits to 99999 miles. Lol. Not going to be an issue. I did do the upgrade because I'm betting there will be a new app released that allows waypoints to work and you will need this version of the firmware.

dkatz42 said:
Bigbells said:
dkatz42 said:
I'm reminded of the Gimli Glider, a B767 that ran out of fuel at 41,000 feet because both the pilot and the maintenance guy got the lb/kg conversion backwards (the fuel gauges weren't working, and the MEL at the time allowed for using a stick in the fuel tank to measure quantity). The pilot (an accomplished glider pilot) dead-sticked the aircraft onto an abandoned air force runway (which was being used for drag races at the time). No power meant no hydraulics, which meant no nose gear (the mains locked down under their own weight) and no flaps (he needed to do a forward slip to lose altitude--I bet flying sideways was exciting for the pax). All of the injuries were due to sliding down the slides (particularly the rear door slides, which ended at some distance from the ground because the plane was sitting on its nose).

Er. "Never mind." :?

Wow, Just looked it up very good read, reminds me of capt sully

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_Glider

rfernandez said:
Show your work, please. I'm pretty sure that 3 m/s is less than 7 mph. Each meter per second equals 2.24 mph.

You are all wrong.. 3m/s equates to 9.84ft/s

or 6.71080888 mph, 9.84251969 fps,

hope this helps

Bmews

AmosMoses said:
I have a few issues since doing this update. Prior to this update my Phantom would get a gps lock within a minute tops. Now it can sometimes take 2or3 min. Also my wifi range is way shorter now but only at distance not altitude. Meaning, if I go straight up I can easily do 400ft but if I go out it will cut off at about 250/300ft and go into failsafe.
The conditions are exactly the same as far as my location. Today is a little overcast is about the only real difference. Just odd that this started after doing the update. The limits are still at the default. Can't remember at the moment but they are set way beyond what I'm getting.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Amos, I think the first boot up after a Vision NAZA firmware upgrade forces a cold start of the GPS & IMU, causing it to take a bit longer to rebuild its lookup tables, plus overcast skies may delay GPS acquisition even further. Once the tables are rebuilt, its next boot up should be quicker like what were normally used to. I've noticed this with every upgrade to the autopilot & Central Board.

Failsafe kicks in when Vision no longer receives a 5.8GHz control signal from your TX/Controller. That your Vision can still receive signal up to 400' overhead but not out to 400' almost suggests your stick antenna is oriented incorrectly; the tip should be pointing at the sky but I'm sure you already know that, so this gets even more interesting.

The two 5.8GHz antennas on the Vision are the little gray wires taped to the inside of its landing gear. They should be undamaged & pointing straight down.

You may want to open the TX/Controller and check the antenna lead & its connection to the transmitter module. Basically you're checking to make sure the cable is solidly connected to the socket on the transmitter module and that the cable isn't pinched or damaged. Almost all of them are glued to the connector to prevent folks from accidentally disconnecting it when opening the case & upgrading firmware. If there's a glob of glue and you don't see and broken or frayed wires, you're lead is probably fine.

If everything so far seems to be in order, your TX/Controller's transmitter may have failed. Mine did, and so have a few others on the board. Unfortunately there's no easy way to check the transmitter without an RF power meter. There are a number of reasons why they fail beyond the scope of this discussion but let's just say QA/QC is not 100%.

Contact DJI Support USA and submit a report citing 400' up OK, 400' out NG and tell them you'd like to send your TX/Controller to the LA Service Center to get it checked. You should get a green light in a few days. If they ask you to ship both Vision & Controller, its up to you but I only shipped them my Controller knowing if they didn't find anything wrong I could ship the Vision later if I had to. Once they receive your controller you'll get an answer in a day or two.

Good luck,
iDrone :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor