The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been upgra

Re: The Phantom 2 Vision main controller firmware has been u

Very true Pull_Up and that makes perfect sense to limit the range through geofencing make sure that works then release the waypoint functionality in the App. Alright you talked me into it :roll: I will be an early adopter :D If the servers catch up with the demand I may not have a choice to wait...

i thought Way points wouldn't be available for the Vision??

Mori55 said:
I just plugged mine in and it shows no updates. Just 1.08
Anyone have this problem? Or did they withdrawal it or shut it down?

I don't want to be "geofenced" in.....I want freedom!

And of course....Way Point capability.

Mori55 said:
Mori55 said:
I just plugged mine in and it shows no updates. Just 1.08
Anyone have this problem? Or did they withdrawal it or shut it down?
same problem here too :-(

and the worst part is that the whole phantom program is not usable because on any button press you get the message "you must upgrade the main controller" :evil:

Yeah I upgraded the assistant but no upgrade for windows yet. Just Mac users.

Seriously guys , is this just for Mac users right now , I keep getting main controller is mismatched with the assistant 2.00.
It's shows the upgrade in the DJI upgrades but no zip or exe files to download.

What's central board? I know the main controller camera , but not sure what central board is.

I got the same thing!!! Saying "No Firmware Updates"

Mori55 said:
Yeah I upgraded the assistant but no upgrade for windows yet. Just Mac users.
no mac users too ... I'm using Phantom app for mac :x :evil:

Right, quick run-through:

"Main controller" = the NAZA flight controller in the Vision, effectively the brain. Also referred to as "Autopilot System" - yes, I can't understand all the references to the same thing either.

"Central Board" = the circuit board the NAZA sits on.

DJI have obviously released the Assistant into the wild before they have released the actual firmware, or at least put it on the servers in the right place - the Assistant is phoning home looking for the files and they are not there. It's coming up to 5:30am in Shenzhen - I'm pretty certain they'll either sort out the firmware files in the next few hours, or pull the Assistant if the problem's there. I suspect it's more of a "logistical" stuff up than a "bad software" stuff up this time, but time will tell.

Pull_Up said:
I would give it a little while for two reasons:

1. The servers are probably swamped already if the news is out;
2. There's no new version of the app available at this time (on Android anyway) through the app's own upgrade button (which I believe goes straight to DJI, not the Play Store);
3. Always good to let a few updates get installed by "early adopters" first. Been on the wrong end of that way back when, I'll just wait a while today if you don't mind. ;)

Interesting that they are drip-feeding more and more of the NAZA-M-V2 features into the mix. This seems to me to confirmthat the Vision flight controller is a standard NAZA-M-V2 that's just being reined in by firmware.

Yeeeeahhh... Same here. NOT on the bleeding edge this time. I'll wait for all y'all to get to the "oooooohhhh and aaaahhhhhh ain't this new update cool?" stage before I plug mine in to the PC and give it a go. Still have scars from a few previous blind dives... :eek: :shock: :x

-slinger

Pull_Up said:
Interesting that they are drip-feeding more and more of the NAZA-M-V2 features into the mix. This seems to me to confirmthat the Vision flight controller is a standard NAZA-M-V2 that's just being reined in by firmware.

Yeah... I've come to the same conclusion. They've sold a buttload of P2Vs because they're SO RTF and have all the neat FPV stuff built right in. They were obviously very conservative right out of the gate by not even including IOC capabilities, and when they did... They attached a fairly daunting warning message, since they apparently felt their consumer base would be primarily comprised of noobs... ;)

Now they're starting to figure out that the demographic has changed a bit and they have a lot of experienced flyers, photographers and geeks interested in this bird for an assortment of reasons. And... they're slowly releasing NAZA-M-V2 capabilities with firmware updates. :)

My opinion? Tactically? Pretty smart way to go... And things are starting to get interesting. It just takes a lot of patience because the updates tend to move at glacier speed... :D

-slinger

As a computer buff, I learned early on when dealing with revision firmware upgrades on electronics...NEVER be the first, let them work the bugs out for at least two weeks if not more. You'll still need to see what happens in the field tests even after the firmware revision installs are ironed out.

2 cents

The Rookie

i believe i will just wait until the dust settles and the waypoint system is issued before i do anything. The airspace regs are clearly a disclaimer for idiots operating, and a quick upgrade before the issues are discovered is counterproductive. I am truly looking forward to the ability for waypoint operation.

I learned when the last camera update fried my camera. Will wait unless a must have option shows up and will then probably still wait a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.