Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Je me suis écrasé mon drone avec l'application 3.1.28 patché 900meters le drone s'est écrasé

Copy form the DJI forum

"This message will pop up when flying aggressively or in a high wind condition, sometimes if the drone has mounted the accessories which exceed what it would bear will also lead to this result. So if it is possible, avoid these conditions."

The wind was strong in the day your bird crashed?

Logs est dans votre téléphone (ou smartphone)
DJI / dji.pilot / FlightRecord
envoyez-les (de préférence tous les paquets zip) - nous verrons ce qui s'est passé.

Yes, delete your old app, restart your device (just to be sure) and install this new version. And at the following test flight:
- fly at a height between 80 and 120 meters,
- ensure that your remote control is focused on your drone,
- make sure you are in an open field.

Just one last tip: during a recent flight I had problems with my signal. Afterwards I saw that my location was about 75 meters from a power plant. So just look where you are flying, power plants and power lines are bad for a good signal.

View attachment 97587
Stay away from these masts or accept that there may be disturbances in your signal.

Finally got around to installign this Today and aim to test it later this afetrnoon weather permitting. Hoping for some signficant gains in distance.

I did the FCC switch now for 2 time's. I get it in FCC mode but after the second use it goes back to CE mode. (12 channels in 2.4)
Can you give me some advice. I did all the steps and installed 3.1.8 from the link in the first post.

And are there any more dutch Phantom 3 SE users on this forum.

After installing this I finally got a chance to fly on Saturday and it has made a huge difference! At a lcoation where previously I could only go out to about 120 meters before losing signal I went out to 150...250...350 before bottling it and flying back but at 350 I still had I think 3 bars so could of gone much further.

The information is already written in other topics, but in many posts, I think it will be much easier to find all the information together as a first post in specific topic.
So, I describe the currently known solutions.

Easiest option for Android users:
The usage of partched version of DJI Go 3.1.18 android. In this case you doesn't have to switch to FCC mode, the patched App will do it automatically. App and knowledge you can find in the next topic:
P3SE solution but... who is speaking Russian
Download link for modded app:
mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar
In this case you do not need tho do everything else, just use the app. But you run the risk of using application which was modified by anyone else. If you want avoid this risk:

Second option for Android users without using patched apps:
It is the solution for you, if do you have the latest firmware and latest app version, you are in Europe, and your drone is in CE mode, it means, that you can’t fly more than 300-500 meters.
If you follow the steps described below, your drone will be in FCC mode, which means higher radio signal emission level, and results 5-7 time higher distance range for your drone.

Let’ start.

1, Install fake GPS application on your device. Recommended app for android: Fake GPS location - Android Apps on Google Play

2, Start fake GPS and chose a location somewhere in the United States (meanwhile you have to enabled the mock location function on your device) Do the check of your location on google maps

3, disable SIM card(s) on your device

4, Hide the satellites from your AC (AirCraft), even if you are indoor it can be necessary to cover it with big metal plate (e.g pot lid)

5, switch on your RC( RemoteController) then your AC.

6, Connect your device to the wifi of your RC

7, Start DJI Go app, enter camera view. You have to get “Switch WLAN setting” screen, which tells you that your AC is flying in different country and it will reset the WLAN. If you don’t get the window, stop and restart the app until you get it.

8, Press OK and wait until camera view disconnects, and comes back again

9, You are in FCC mode now, please double check it by opening wifi settings, and check how many wifi channels are available in 2.4 GHz band. 13 means CE mode, 11 means FCC – this is what we need. You are now in FCC mode, but you have to stay in this mode as well, and is not possible with latest app version.

10, stop the DJI Go app and uninstall it from your device (you do not need to do any extra deletion of hidden folders, some people recommends but it is not necessary)

11, Connect your device to your local wifi and download DJI GO version 3.1.8 Free Download APK File of the DJI GO v3.1.8 for Android - APK4Fun

12, Install the 3.1.8 version, start it and do a login.

13, Connect your device to your the wifi of your RC

14, Restart the app. On the 3.1.8 version you can not choose P3SE, but if you connect your device to the RC the app will automatically detect it. You are ready now!

15, You can switch off Fake GPS, you can enable SIM card, and your drone is allowed to get GPS satellite connection

The 3.1.8 version app cannot switch wifi mode, so as long you do not upgrade it, you will stay in FCC mode, which gives you stable video signal on long distance. Do not forget to disable auto upgrade of your applications. (For android in playstore/settings/auto update)

With 3.1.8 version you lost the possibility to do manual change of wifi channels. You will stay in 5GHz mode. In this version the follow-me mode doesn't work. You have to know, that this older app version is not so stable, as the newest. If you have any problem at start, try restart the app, and if needed the AC as well. If I have already started the flight, in the air has no problem anytime. From the other side you get five time higher range. I think it worth it :)

Solution for IOS users
You can use Litchi for flying in FCC mode, if you have one of the next devices:
  • iPad Air 2 tablet,
  • iPad Mini 4 tablet
  • iPad 5th generation or higher tablet
  • iPhone 6s or newer phone
iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 and iPad Mini 2 are not suitable.
Before you can fly with Litchi in FCC mode, you need an android device to switsh to FCC mode.
You can youse eighter first or second option to do that.
Then you always have to use Litchi for control of the drone, it will never switch back to CE mode.

Have a good flight!
Working any problem. 2.5km full bar. Thanks

The only real problem that I can see with this version of Dji GO is that you cannot use it in portrait mode for when you are viewing your stats. It always goes into landscape mode.

I tried and it worked without any problem actually I think even signal quality increased little bit.

Code error i have for your version

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-172135.png
    Screenshot_20180515-172135.png
    958.1 KB · Views: 619
The information is already written in other topics, but in many posts, I think it will be much easier to find all the information together as a first post in specific topic.
So, I describe the currently known solutions.

Easiest option for Android users:
The usage of partched version of DJI Go 3.1.18 android. In this case you doesn't have to switch to FCC mode, the patched App will do it automatically. App and knowledge you can find in the next topic:
P3SE solution but... who is speaking Russian
Download link for modded app:
mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar
In this case you do not need tho do everything else, just use the app. But you run the risk of using application which was modified by anyone else. If you want avoid this risk:

Second option for Android users without using patched apps:
It is the solution for you, if do you have the latest firmware and latest app version, you are in Europe, and your drone is in CE mode, it means, that you can’t fly more than 300-500 meters.
If you follow the steps described below, your drone will be in FCC mode, which means higher radio signal emission level, and results 5-7 time higher distance range for your drone.

Let’ start.

1, Install fake GPS application on your device. Recommended app for android: Fake GPS location - Android Apps on Google Play

2, Start fake GPS and chose a location somewhere in the United States (meanwhile you have to enabled the mock location function on your device) Do the check of your location on google maps

3, disable SIM card(s) on your device

4, Hide the satellites from your AC (AirCraft), even if you are indoor it can be necessary to cover it with big metal plate (e.g pot lid)

5, switch on your RC( RemoteController) then your AC.

6, Connect your device to the wifi of your RC

7, Start DJI Go app, enter camera view. You have to get “Switch WLAN setting” screen, which tells you that your AC is flying in different country and it will reset the WLAN. If you don’t get the window, stop and restart the app until you get it.

8, Press OK and wait until camera view disconnects, and comes back again

9, You are in FCC mode now, please double check it by opening wifi settings, and check how many wifi channels are available in 2.4 GHz band. 13 means CE mode, 11 means FCC – this is what we need. You are now in FCC mode, but you have to stay in this mode as well, and is not possible with latest app version.

10, stop the DJI Go app and uninstall it from your device (you do not need to do any extra deletion of hidden folders, some people recommends but it is not necessary)

11, Connect your device to your local wifi and download DJI GO version 3.1.8 Free Download APK File of the DJI GO v3.1.8 for Android - APK4Fun

12, Install the 3.1.8 version, start it and do a login.

13, Connect your device to your the wifi of your RC

14, Restart the app. On the 3.1.8 version you can not choose P3SE, but if you connect your device to the RC the app will automatically detect it. You are ready now!

15, You can switch off Fake GPS, you can enable SIM card, and your drone is allowed to get GPS satellite connection

The 3.1.8 version app cannot switch wifi mode, so as long you do not upgrade it, you will stay in FCC mode, which gives you stable video signal on long distance. Do not forget to disable auto upgrade of your applications. (For android in playstore/settings/auto update)

With 3.1.8 version you lost the possibility to do manual change of wifi channels. You will stay in 5GHz mode. In this version the follow-me mode doesn't work. You have to know, that this older app version is not so stable, as the newest. If you have any problem at start, try restart the app, and if needed the AC as well. If I have already started the flight, in the air has no problem anytime. From the other side you get five time higher range. I think it worth it :)

Solution for IOS users
You can use Litchi for flying in FCC mode, if you have one of the next devices:
  • iPad Air 2 tablet,
  • iPad Mini 4 tablet
  • iPad 5th generation or higher tablet
  • iPhone 6s or newer phone
iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 and iPad Mini 2 are not suitable.
Before you can fly with Litchi in FCC mode, you need an android device to switsh to FCC mode.
You can youse eighter first or second option to do that.
Then you always have to use Litchi for control of the drone, it will never switch back to CE mode.

Have a good flight!

Hi and many thanks for the excellent instructions re getting the drone into FCC mode. I followed those and got it into FCC and took it for a flight and definitely got further than I have for a while but somewhere along the way I ended up back in CE (13 channels on 2.4GHz instead of 11 and the distance dropped) and now it seems to be stuck there again. Would you recommend going thru the procedure again and is there something I can do to prevent it from reverting back?, (I had already cancelled automatic update for DJi app so I'm assuming it wasn't that).

I have a phantom 3SE which I bought online in China and the original firmware came with Chinese maps and I never tested the distance fully but I never remember having an issue with connectivity between AC and RC but since I downloaded the latest firmware update (1.5.40) I'm running into connectivity problems after 500m or so when on 5G which is now the default setting. I can change over to 2.4GHz (I use channel 1 for this band), and this gives me more distance and much better video feed but I'd really like to get more distance overall. Any suggestions would be very welcome, many thanks

Hi and many thanks for the excellent instructions re getting the drone into FCC mode. I followed those and got it into FCC and took it for a flight and definitely got further than I have for a while but somewhere along the way I ended up back in CE (13 channels on 2.4GHz instead of 11 and the distance dropped) and now it seems to be stuck there again. Would you recommend going thru the procedure again and is there something I can do to prevent it from reverting back?, (I had already cancelled automatic update for DJi app so I'm assuming it wasn't that).

I have a phantom 3SE which I bought online in China and the original firmware came with Chinese maps and I never tested the distance fully but I never remember having an issue with connectivity between AC and RC but since I downloaded the latest firmware update (1.5.40) I'm running into connectivity problems after 500m or so when on 5G which is now the default setting. I can change over to 2.4GHz (I use channel 1 for this band), and this gives me more distance and much better video feed but I'd really like to get more distance overall. Any suggestions would be very welcome, many thanks

Hi,

I’m thinking of doing the mod this weekend on my P3se.

Currently I’m averaging around 550m in CE mode on 5ghz. Most I have had is 700.

Out of interest how far did you get on 2.4ghz in CE mode?

Also we’re you using the patched app or litchi when you did get it in FCC mode and does RTH still work?

I’m currently on a iPhone 7 or IPad Pro so borrowing an android phone over the weekend and thinking based on the posts that I follow the instructions to download on the android the fake gps, in developer mode change to a location in USA and using most recent version of Go to connect and trick the gps. I then think that I can disconnect and reset the android device to factory settings (that’s how I’m being given the phone) and then connect with litchi on my iPhone and as long as I don’t use dji go it will stay in fcc mode and litchi will give me all the features I had in Go?

Is that correct?

Thanks

Hi, in retrospect I'm not sure that I had dji go version 3.1.8 installed, I may have had a more recent version from the link that I followed - if anyone has a secure link for this version of the app they might post it here. I got out to 1200m today using 2.4GHz band which is the farthest I've gotten for a while. Lately I can only get around 500m max using 5GHz band and the video feed stutters alot. I thought I read somewhere that the latest firmware for the 3SE didn't allow 2.4Ghz, can anyone confirm that? I have the skyreat copper parabolic antennae device ordered and I'm hoping that will boost my distance

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl