Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Just another thing... the 3.1.34.apk does not include the obb file. I don't really know if the obb file is necessary or not, but I've installed anyway...
I've downloaded the official XAPK of the 3.1.34 version and extracted the obb.

If anyone wants it, I could provide the link. I don't know if I can put the link here...

Hello guys !

First of all : thank you very much for your help !
I've (stupidly) updated the firmware of my aircraft (v1.03.0020 --> v1.05.0040) and installed the latest release of DJi Go (v3.1.42).
So, of course, after the update, I lost the possibility to switch on the 2,4GHz... and passed my drone from FCC to EU (or CE) mode !
My first (and last) flight in this configuration was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL : I lost connection (return to home...) at approx 315m away... :s

So I’ve searched on the Internet and fell on this topic ! And thanks to you, I was able to put back my 3SE in FCC mode again !

Since this, I have been able to test the v3.1.8, the v3.1.18 and the patched v3.1.34 DJi Go application versions.
But all of them has problems (some minor, some major).

v3.1.8 : many video drops/glitches. “Follow me” mode doesn't work. Unstable (crashed 2 or 3 times during its use).
v3.1.18 : so far, the best and most stable version, but with some video drops/glitches. Application is in a strange "forced landscape mode” (even in the home page... what is really not nice and not ergonomic !).
v3.1.34 : stable and less video drops/glitches than other releases, but with ANNOYING popups ! (sometimes, I had 5 popups in less than 3 minutes !) : I cannot use it... It's beyond my acceptance capacity...

So I’ve decided to let the v3.1.18 on my MiMax2 :)

But I have a last question for you, guys :
Actually, in v3.1.18, in the REMOTE CONTROL SETTINGS section of DJi Go, I can choose between 2,4GHz (11 channels (=FCC mode) instead of 13 channel (=EU mode). Thanks to you, once again ! ;-) ) and 5GHz (by default, it's set on 5GHz band).
If I well understood, this setting represent the wifi band on which the drone and the remote are connected.
If you choose here (in the application) the 5GHz band, the wifi between your remote and your phone will switch onto 2,4GHz.
If you choose here (in the application) the 2,4GHz band, the wifi between your remote and your phone will switch onto 5GHz. This is (from what I’ve read) the best solution to have the best range with your aircraft, isn’t it ?!
Am I right ?!

Unfortunately, since I did the firmware update, I cannot change successfully to 2,4GHz anymore. If I choose this option in DJi Go (2,4GHz), it says me that it will restart the wifi, and that I have to wait for the auto-reconnection…
But it doesn’t work ! I see nowhere my “Phantom3SE WiFi”. Of course, I check on my MiMax 2, on the 2,4GHz and 5GHz bands. But it seems that my “Phantom 3SE WiFi” just disappears…
I have to “reboot” my remote to see the WiFi again, but of course, it’s back to the 2,4GHz band (unfortunately) !

I think that it’s a consequence of the last firmware update… :s
Do you think that if I switch back to the v1.03.0020 (now that I am in FCC mode), I could switch to 2,4GHz band again ?

Thanks for your precious help, and for your answers ;)

Bye,
Jojo

I think I may revert back to 3.1.18 from 3.1.34 modded apk because I just tried a flight with 3.1.34 and was barely 50m afaw when the bird stopped flying and the app told me the I had reached maximum flight distance. I double checked that the setting was turned off. I also turned it on but it wouldnt allow me to enter a value higher than 480m. It certainly hadnt travelled that far so no idea what was triggering this. With 3.1.18 I was able to fly >10,000ft with no issues.

It could possibly have been a flight restriction due to being within a certain distance of the local airport but I thought it would have advised of that rather than to say to change my settings.

Last edited:
I think I may revert back to 3.1.18 from 3.1.34 modded apk because I just tried a flight with 3.1.34 and was barely 50m afaw when the bird stopped flying and the app told me the I had reached maximum flight distance.
You must logoff & logon with your dji user for unlock this. It's documented .

Reactions: DerekJSpence
Bonjour à la version 3.1.34 j'ai ce pourquoi?

Attachments

• IMG_20180725_202439.png
    IMG_20180725_202439.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • IMG_20180725_202439.png
    IMG_20180725_202439.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 531
Bonjour à la version 3.1.34 j'ai ce pourquoi?

Hello, your drone has been setup back to EU mode. You have to pass in FCC mode (with the fake GPS method, or using the patched 3.1.18 that seems to automaticaly pass in FCC mode). I strongly advise you to keep the 3.1.18 release (see my precedent post), but if you absolutely want to use the 3.1.34 release, be sure to use the release that has been patched by our russian friends, which can be found on Yandex (above all, don't use the official release that will pass your aircraft in EU mode again).

Salut, ton drone est repassé en mode EU. Il faut le repasser en mode FCC (soit via la manipulation FakeGPS, soit via la v3.1.18 patchée qui visiblement le repasse en FCC automatiquement). Je te conseille vraiment de rester en v3.1.18 (voir mon post précédent), mais si tu veux absolument utiliser la version v3.1.34, soit sur de bien utiliser la version patchée par nos amis russes, et qu'on trouve sur Yandex (et surtout, n'utilise pas la version officielle qui va repasser ton drone en EU).

Hi guys,

If I use the hack to make the drone think it's in FCC mode, will I still be able to set a homepoint to return to?

I understand that you have to make the drone 'think' it's somewhere in the US, but would that make drone fly in that direction in case of e.g. loss of signal or something?

Kind regards

Hi guys,

If I use the hack to make the drone think it's in FCC mode, will I still be able to set a homepoint to return to?

I understand that you have to make the drone 'think' it's somewhere in the US, but would that make drone fly in that direction in case of e.g. loss of signal or something?

Kind regards

You use fake gps to switch your drone to fcc mode. You then uninstall it and install an app that wont change from fcc to ce mode.

You use fake gps to switch your drone to fcc mode. You then uninstall it and install an app that wont change from fcc to ce mode.

Thank you for your reply. I do have an extra question. Can I already fly (in FCC) mode after I used the fake GPS? Because I did this and saw that the drone was in FCC mode... Why do i have to uninstall all these apps. I just need to fly further than 500m for ONE time...

Hi!
Amazing. Worked fine with my P3SE

Tested on a android tablet with moded app and than on iPhone 7 with Litchi.

Only a small test made but you can notice de difference right away.

On same spot yesterday 180mts and RTH active. Today 290mts and RC signal at 100%.

The installation was very easy. Like install any othe app

Thank you so much

Hi!
Amazing. Worked fine with my P3SE

Tested on a android tablet with moded app and than on iPhone 7 with Litchi.

Hi there, I'm going to try the same thing?

May I ask what exactly did you do? Did you use that 'Russian patched app' and then installed Litchi on your iPhone and started?

It would be very helpfull to know the different steps. Thank you!

Kind regards
B.

Yes...

1- I installed the Mod DJI GO on a Android tablet from a friend.
2 - Connected the drone as usual, wait for full connections and than check the number of channels in the settings. You must have 11
3 - Turnoff everything
4 - Install Litchi (payed) on the iDevice you will use.
5 - That's all.. test range with caution!

NOTE: there's no way to check if CE or FCC in the Litchi. I'm not an expert!

Hi guys,

I'm kind of frustrated because I've beent trying to work out how to get my drone in FCC mode to fly in Europe.

I'm following évery single step and stil it won't work. It pisses me of so much :s

Here's where I did today:

1: install fake app on an Android devide: CHECK

2: Put my 'location' somewhere in the USA and confirm with Google Maps: CHECK

3: Disable SIM card: CHECK

4: Then I put the drone back in the box and put some bags over it so it was 'hidden from the satellites": CHECK

5: I switch on the controller and after that the drone (which I then put back in the box so it was hidden from the satellites). Be aware that after a couple of failed attempts to try it this way I also just let the drone out of the box. But still with the same result...

6: Connect your device to the wifi of your RC: CHECK

7: I downloaded the latest DJI Go app and started it on my Android device. CHECK

PROBLEM: I DON'T GET THE "SWITCH WLAN SETTING" scree which tells you that your AC is flying in different country and it will reset the WLAN. I restarted the app several time and every time it was the same thing. I did also have a remark.

I made some print screens hoping that some of you might be able to help me. Because I have absolutely no idea of what I have to do anymore.

Kind regards
B.
Have you tried Google maps or other GPS application for check if fake GPS app it's working right?
What exactly phantom version do you own? This is only for the Social Edition (the gold one), not for the standard neither pro.

Reactions: The Epitaph
Have you tried Google maps or other GPS application for check if fake GPS app it's working right?
What exactly phantom version do you own? This is only for the Social Edition (the gold one), not for the standard neither pro.

I have the Phantom 3 SE (Special Edition). And yes I checked with Google maps if the Fake GPS is working...

What could be the problem here?

B.

I bought an Android device (Huawei P Smart) today and i installed the patched 3.1.18 version of DJI Go app. Ohh boy, what a difference!
I used to lost signal at about 100-150m but now i flew well over 400m and the signal bar was still full, but i was to afraid to fly cause i was above water.
Now my Phantom 3 SE is not a "Toy" anymore. :D

If I well understood, this setting represent the wifi band on which the drone and the remote are connected.
If you choose here (in the application) the 5GHz band, the wifi between your remote and your phone will switch onto 2,4GHz.
If you choose here (in the application) the 2,4GHz band, the wifi between your remote and your phone will switch onto 5GHz. This is (from what I’ve read) the best solution to have the best range with your aircraft, isn’t it ?!
Am I right ?!
Hi Jojo,
Yes, as you say.

Do you think that if I switch back to the v1.03.0020 (now that I am in FCC mode), I could switch to 2,4GHz band again ?
No, defnitly not. If you want to try 2.4GHz band, you need an IOS device. On IOS you can change the band with DJI Go, but it will put you back into CE mode if it gets GPS signal.
I made the try, changed to 2.4GHz in FCC mode, but it was not better then 5Ghz (I got a bit shorter range: 3000 meter with 2.4Ghz instead of 3200 meters with 5GHz) so I switched back to 5GHz.

regads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic