Solid red lights

Reaction score
Hi guy's, I recently bought a phantom 2 and loved how well it flown.
I contacted dji support and they advised me to update and recalibrate my drone which I did. I took it for a short flight outside my home and kept to about 10 m max hight but when I switched to rth the drone went out of control and smashed into.a building then dropped to the floor with minor damage to the landing gear. Now I have solid red lights and it won't connect to the pc Please Help.

Use some caution on what anyone tells you about updating. Better to do a little research on what the update may do. Not sure about your red lights. Could be a few different things. More info on what it’s doing or not doing.

It goes through the boot up the turns solid red but as soon as I turn off the transmitter the lights blink yellow.

It goes through the boot up the turns solid red but as soon as I turn off the transmitter the lights blink yellow.
Hey Shaun! I just got my p4pro and I noticed all 4 lights constant red. I flys great but I’m working on this issue. I’m going to try imu calibration and compass calibration to see if this resolves situation. I will let you know

I would not calibrate either one if not needed. Check to see what readings those sensors are in the go4 app. If the readings are good on the sensors,you probably have a different issue.

Hey sorry for posting those lights,I was confused about #5 post,I shall delete it:)
No that's fine Ian no harm dine. Dji are asking me to send it back but I cannot afford to as its taken me 7 months to save for this one as I've had to finish work since falling from a roof last December. Guess I'll have to wait.

Just to clear up the confusion. Post number one indicates what ac the op is dealing with. And that information was picked up by me at the start. Now we’ll move on.
My thoughts are that this issue is crash related. Why the ac did what it did when you switched to rth is probably better answered by someone that can read the flight info stored in the ac. There are components in the landing gear that could be damaged if this was a p4 or p4p. I have not disassembled a p2, so I can’t answer if they are similar in that regard. I would not fly any DJI product that is showing a solid red light. There is probably more information hiding in this scenario somewhere that would lead to a solution.

Why the ac did what it did when you switched to rth is probably better answered by someone that can read the flight info stored in the ac. .

The P2 does not store any flight data.

Hi Starz
It is a P2 and the PC won't connect, sorry for any confusion.

A solid red light indicates a failed GPS module and or a failed compass module.

you will need to remove the cover and then in the lid remove the sticky cover and unscrew the GPS puck and check for damage to the ceramic plate.

As for connecting to the PC thats a different issue, question did it ever connect ?

if it didnt have you installed the drivers for the USB, i have several videos on the P2 range of quads on my youtube channel

www.youtube.com/c/flymyphantom

im not always in the forum so feel free to email me at [email protected] for any more help

Hi Starz
Thank you for your reply, the P2 connected and I went through everything as described by dji all looked great and I programmed it to go up to 20m then return to home. Like I said it wasn't far away I just wanted to try rth. Id calibrated the compass and went through the checklist. It was flying like a new bird then all went wrong.

Many Thanks

Shaun

Hi Starz
Thank you for your reply, the P2 connected and I went through everything as described by dji all looked great and I programmed it to go up to 20m then return to home. Like I said it wasn't far away I just wanted to try rth. Id calibrated the compass and went through the checklist. It was flying like a new bird then all went wrong.

Many Thanks

Shaun

Funny thing about trees they seem to grow high than 20m might just think about that if you get repaired for the next flight.

The P2 and S1 (switch 1) has a failsafe mode if it is set up in the software but RTH is a function of a low battery condition only. Also, if the P2 is in the basic Phantom mode and the failsafe wasn't set up GPS is only in the position and there's no ATTI mode in the other two positions. In other words, it's in manual flight only so forget what the controller marking say for S1.

I go along with Crash1sttime check to see if the GPS antenna was cracked in that crash.

Reactions: Shaun6248
Hi Starz

Id put the drone in Naza mode switch 1 was set to Gps atti 1 and rth. I only set it at 20 m as its a new drone to me. I was on an open field with one building which my drone decided to find.
Gonna start stripping it today wish me luck.

Shaun

All.sorted now thank you everyone for your help

Hello Shaun so it was your gps what was broken? I also had the same accident only mine flew in a soalarpanel :( but also keep getting red lights and the lights wont turn green after compass calibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31