Solid red lights

Check the back plug on the controller that it's plugged into the Naza module correctly. Bottum row with brown wire to the left. the only photo you didn't send.
View attachment 107286

Hi Jason
didnt have a lot of time this weekend but tried the quad today and it goes up now without any problem didnt take it for a real flight because i need to go outside the town,i will try to do taht next weekend. But i dont get the green light on the back mine stay yellow is that normal?

greetings

Hi Jason
didnt have a lot of time this weekend but tried the quad today and it goes up now without any problem didnt take it for a real flight because i need to go outside the town,i will try to do taht next weekend. But i dont get the green light on the back mine stay yellow is that normal?

greetings

When you mentioned having to go outside of town it sounds like you live merry old England.

When you mentioned having to go outside of town it sounds like you live merry old England.

Hahahahaha no i live in the netherlands but there are a few houses around me and the last time my drone crashed in a solarpanel so thats why i wanna try it outside the town just to be sure it flys well:D

Hahahahaha no i live in the netherlands but there are a few houses around me and the last time my drone crashed in a solarpanel so thats why i wanna try it outside the town just to be sure it flys well:D

I know how that goes as I have flown into the deck, house, tree, and into the phone cables from my yard while leaning.

Reactions: Madfool
I know how that goes as I have flown into the deck, house, tree, and into the phone cables from my yard while leaning.

But the yellow lights is that normal because i thought the front is red and the back green?

But the yellow lights is that normal because i thought the front is red and the back green?

Which mode are you in Phantom or Naza?

Hi Jason

greetings

Yellow is not normal, they should be green, yellow suggests ATTI mode. Are they slow flashing or fast flashing

im not sure what you mean ,but the assistant was in phantom mode when i calibrated the quad.
Whats the difference?

greetings

Phantom mode gives a different light set to NAZA mode on the rear lights.

im not sure what you mean ,but the assistant was in phantom mode when i calibrated the quad.
Whats the difference?

greetings

The P2 has three modes Phantom (Basic Mode w/No ATTI), Naza-M, and Naza-M IOC which can be changed in the box I have circled in the following photos.
P2 Home Page.jpg

Part 2 Naza-M.jpg

I do not suggest switching to Naza-M until you have enough flight time under your belt. The following LED indicators are for the Phantom2 basic mode.
LED Flight Indicators Description.jpg

Even though switch 1 is marked GPS, ATTI, ATTI there is no ATTI in the center position of that switch. and the bottom position should be set up for failsafe and for a height of at least 118' or 36 meters.

Here's a link to the owners manual if you haven't one.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

The P2 has three modes Phantom (Basic Mode w/No ATTI), Naza-M, and Naza-M IOC which can be changed in the box I have circled in the following photos.View attachment 107613

View attachment 107611

I do not suggest switching to Naza-M until you have enough flight time under your belt. The following LED indicators are for the Phantom2 basic mode.
View attachment 107612

Even though switch 1 is marked GPS, ATTI, ATTI there is no ATTI in the center position of that switch. and the bottom position should be set up for failsafe and for a height of at least 118' or 36 meters.

Here's a link to the owners manual if you haven't one.
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf

ok now i understand what you mean with mode well mine is in phantom mode,and i also calibrated it in that mode.
I made a little video of what happens when i start the quad up hope that helps

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ok now i understand what you mean with mode well mine is in phantom mode,and i also calibrated it in that mode.
I made a little video of what happens when i start the quad up hope that helps

First of all that isn't a P2 non-vision but a P2 vision you have. Second, it doesn't make any difference which mode it's in as the calibration is the same for all modes.

One thing I would suggest you do is tape those plastic receiver antennas inside the landing gear with just wire sticking out to prevent from damaging them.

I did the same thing years ago to show a newbie what the startup LED sequence looked and sound like.

First of all that isn't a P2 non-vision but a P2 vision you have. Second, it doesn't make any difference which mode it's in as the calibration is the same for all modes.

One thing I would suggest you do is tape those plastic receiver antennas inside the landing gear with just wire sticking out to prevent from damaging them.

I did the same thing years ago to show a newbie what the startup LED sequence looked and sound like.

ok that explaines the difference in beepes the other beeps just like yours twice and this one only once. I see yours also blinks yellow so that isnt a problem?

ok that explaines the difference in beepes the other beeps just like yours twice and this one only once. I see yours also blinks yellow so that isnt a problem?

No having yellow LEDs inside the house is not a problem as it just indicates there is no GPS satellite signal. The signal from GPS satellites is weak and easily blocked by structures such as inside of homes or buildings and even under a forest canopy. When using Naza-M IOC the LEDs will turn yellow instead of green but you will still have GPS lock.

Two things I have done with my P2 was to shut off the low battery level Go-Home (RTH) feature and turned on the Failsafe which is set to 118 feet or 36 meters. The reason for shutting down the RTH is that if you are under something when reaches a low battery level and triggers RTH the P2 will either land where it is or be able to fly back to the home point on the first warning.

Back when we were able to set the warning levels I set the first one to 20% and the second to 15% and always brought it back to the home point at 15 percent. I have a P2 non-vision with OSD telemetry on screen at all times so I know when it's time to bring it back.

No having yellow LEDs inside the house is not a problem as it just indicates there is no GPS satellite signal. The signal from GPS satellites is weak and easily blocked by structures such as inside of homes or buildings and even under a forest canopy. When using Naza-M IOC the LEDs will turn yellow instead of green but you will still have GPS lock.

Two things I have done with my P2 was to shut off the low battery level Go-Home (RTH) feature and turned on the Failsafe which is set to 118 feet or 36 meters. The reason for shutting down the RTH is that if you are under something when reaches a low battery level and triggers RTH the P2 will either land where it is or be able to fly back to the home point on the first warning.

Back when we were able to set the warning levels I set the first one to 20% and the second to 15% and always brought it back to the home point at 15 percent. I have a P2 non-vision with OSD telemetry on screen at all times so I know when it's time to bring it back.

Hi Jason

took the quad for a flight and still dont have the green lights,he gets in the air but isnt steady moves around a lot and wants to go backwards.
i made 2 videos they explain a lot ;)

Hi Jason

took the quad for a flight and still dont have the green lights,he gets in the air but isnt steady moves around a lot and wants to go backwards.

Hopefully, you referring to the rear LEDs being red as the front are always red when in flight. If after calibrating the compass you only have rear LEDs flashing red Here's a video of the startup sequence:

Where those rear LEDs go to a slow flashing green there are six or more satellites locked on and your ready for flight. If you only have a flashing red LEDs after compass cal you may have a damaged GPS antenna. You'll have to open up the shell and unscrew the GPS module as the antenna is on the top side of the board. If it's cracked you have to replace it. There's one solder point on the component side and the antenna is double back taped to the board.

The other cause for flashing red LEDs is low battery current as in these photos:
Barttery #2 before charging.jpg
Barttery #2 after charging.jpg

Reactions: Madfool
Hopefully, you referring to the rear LEDs being red as the front are always red when in flight. If after calibrating the compass you only have rear LEDs flashing red Here's a video of the startup sequence:

Where those rear LEDs go to a slow flashing green there are six or more satellites locked on and your ready for flight. If you only have a flashing red LEDs after compass cal you may have a damaged GPS antenna. You'll have to open up the shell and unscrew the GPS module as the antenna is on the top side of the board. If it's cracked you have to replace it. There's one solder point on the component side and the antenna is double back taped to the board.

The other cause for flashing red LEDs is low battery current as in these photos:View attachment 107962View attachment 107961

I think the second video there were the red lights because of the battery, but in the first one i had blinking yellow at the back and red at the front.
I will open it this weekend and take a look,but the quad not beeing staedy is also compass related?

I think the second video there were the red lights because of the battery, but in the first one i had blinking yellow at the back and red at the front.
I will open it this weekend and take a look,but the quad not beeing staedy is also compass related?

I forgot to mention I also have my P2 setup in the Naza IOC mode and the yellow LEDs came on when switching (S2) in the on position. If you noticed they pulse at the same rate as the green LEDs because I had 6 or more GPS satellites. But if it were in the Basic Phantom mode the yellow LEDs would mean you were flying manually without GPS.

Reactions: N017RW
hi Jason

today i took the top of and the i couldnt find the antenne on the board:eek:. I changed the gps that is screwed to the top of the body but that doesnt make any difference,so have search further for a solution.

Hi Jason

Dam that looks like its in manual mode, scary as there is no gps or altitude hold., ive flown like that just once or twice.

By the way can we get a video of the quad outside showing the lights

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic