So I kinda crashed my Phantom 3 standard (and some help could come in handy)

Have you looked into the tutorials on msinger’s site ‘phantomhelp.com’ ? It may shed some light on this situation.

Go to phantomhelp.com

Choose P3S (Standard)

Scroll down to ‘Repairs’

There are numerous tutorials listed, including
Replace Camera/Gimble
Replace Ribbon Cable
Replace Gimble Arm
Replace Roll Arm

There may be some information there you can use to research your issue.......until the experts here on the Forum chime in with their suggestions. Good Luck!

*At least the bird seems ok......it looks like just a Gimble issue to me.*

Nice web I hadn't found before, thanks really. However, i've already tried with the grub screw and the roll shaft. I'd like to know what's broken so I can replace it, but it's becoming a real challenge

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Nice web I hadn't found before, thanks really. However, i've already tried with the grub screw and the roll shaft. I'd like to know what's broken so I can replace it, but it's becoming a real challenge

Yep. Msinger is a regular on the PhantomPilots Forum. His phantomhelp site has boatloads of information on everything Phantom.

Just saw something else that may help. Jump on Google, and google “gimble motor overload Phantom 3”. There are a bunch of videos listed from repair tutorials there. Maybe there’s a fix in there somewhere.

Yeah, I've tried all those fixes (checking the gimbal plastics are strapped, checking the roll shaft is aligned, checking the circuit board potentiometer) and none of those solved the issue. Also, it happens that the camera is not only crooked but also makes noises

Typically gimbal overload means the gimbal is being held back or there is resistance in the actual armature or linkage. You may have bent something like the yaw arm.
This happened to me after a crash so I bought a rebuild kit and after some tedious work I got everything working fine.
There are also guys out there that provide a repair/rebuild service if you don’t feel like tackling this yourself.

Last edited:
I believe you need to check ribbon cable.My p3 had same problem after crash.It had picture but the gimble tries to move to far in one direction.I changed the cable and it was all good.

Reactions: G Tek Fab
There was a guy on eBay a couple years ago that must have bough a ton of P3S’s just to part out. I bought a brand new camera and gimbal as a back up for $160 Shipped!

After my crash I had to wait a couple weeks for the new kit, so if that ever happened again just a quick swap and I’m back in the air.

Hey guys, my phantom 3 standard reciently broke and i need some help to know what is wrong with it so i can (hopefully) fix it!

So the thing is that I accidentally started flying the drone inverted in a closed space so in order not to hit it against a wall I landed it, but I landed it really hard.

Something must’ve broken in the gimbal, that is for sure.

Engines and IMU are fine i think

So the main problem is the horizontal stability in the gimbal. Whenever I turn the drone on, I get perfect feed and signal on my phone, I can see everyting and i detect no major problem.

However, when I turn the drone on, the gimbal keeps going from side to side. I dont feel like flying it cause I am afraid the drone can go disoriented somehow.

I searched and searched on the internet and the only posible cause I could find was the potenciometer on the roll motor, but I tested it and the amp looked fine. (I might have done it wrong)

If anyone has any idea of what broke and what to change, that would be great, because i dont feel like changing the whole camera (which is really expensive).

Also, I can check whatever you suspect can be broken.

My gut tells me it’s something related with the roll motor but again, i know nothing.

Thanks a lot guys!

PS: I attach a pic of the potentiometer I checked and a vid of the issue
How do you fly it inverted? And if the honks is screwed tgen you’re up for a new drone

Hey guys, my phantom 3 standard reciently broke and i need some help to know what is wrong with it so i can (hopefully) fix it!

So the thing is that I accidentally started flying the drone inverted in a closed space so in order not to hit it against a wall I landed it, but I landed it really hard.

So the main problem is the horizontal stability in the gimbal. Whenever I turn the drone on, I get perfect feed and signal on my phone, I can see everyting and i detect no major problem.

However, when I turn the drone on, the gimbal keeps going from side to side. I dont feel like flying it cause I am afraid the drone can go disoriented somehow.

I searched and searched on the internet and the only posible cause I could find was the potenciometer on the roll motor, but I tested it and the amp looked fine. (I might have done it wrong)

If anyone has any idea of what broke and what to change, that would be great, because i dont feel like changing the whole camera (which is really expensive).

My gut tells me it’s something related with the roll motor but again, i know nothing.

Thanks a lot guys!

I promise you, I'm not making light of this... but saying you "kinda" crashed is like the teenage girl telling her parents she's "kinda" pregnant....

Thanks a lot guys!

Thanks a lot guys!

My best plan is to take it to a repair shop here in my home country (Argentina) and let them find the problem. Btw does anyone know a way of checking the ribbon cable is working properly? Cause that would be a really easy fix, i mean, 25 bucks and a couple hours work and it's done. Just for the brief, taking it to a shop here is 100 bucks for the service only, without any guarantee. Also someone told me it could be a bent arm, any tips on checking that too?

Please check the wires at the top..Do this with the battery removed...use a non conductive tool and press down into the connectors..
I have a P3S and I got the same gimbal message error. After a lot of studying I could find no solution
Electricians alway check connections or splice points.
After pressing all the wires down into their connections, installing the battery and starting the aircraft and controller...IT WORKS...
Good luck...Semper Fi

Attachments

• 31BE72B1-A431-4EB4-8951-7DC3B62D931E.jpeg
    31BE72B1-A431-4EB4-8951-7DC3B62D931E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 274
  • 49E9D7A7-F738-4AC6-BA2F-484C4266138D.jpeg
    49E9D7A7-F738-4AC6-BA2F-484C4266138D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 264
Please check the wires at the top..Do this with the battery removed...use a non conductive tool and press down into the connectors..
I have a P3S and I got the same gimbal message error. After a lot of studying I could find no solution
Electricians alway check connections or splice points.
After pressing all the wires down into their connections, installing the battery and starting the aircraft and controller...IT WORKS...
Good luck...Semper Fi

I just gave it a try and it seems nothing changed, thanks anyway for the tip Doug!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20