share your gain settings for a p2 + h3-3d (thanks!)

Reaction score
hi guys!

i just installed a h3-3d gimbal on a phantom 2 and after installing and upgrading firmware to its latest version i experienced a very unstable flight (having trouble when hovering, descending, etc) im not sure if the upgrade updated the gains (see attached pic) but i've read i need to adjust the gains so i was wondering if any one could share their gain settings (i know each phantom has each own settings and they are affected by weight, altitude, etc) but i could use them as a starting point.

currently im having trobule for:
- hovering (rolls to the left )
- descending (keeps descending up to 5-7 secs after releasing the throttle)
- when rolling (no matter the direction) and the throtle is released the quad keeps rolling for about 5-7 secs as if it was on atti mode.

thanks guys!

Attachments

• defaultGains.jpg
    defaultGains.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 681
Default the gains and do an IMU advanced calibration. Make sure the phantom is cold so you don't see the MC temp warning. Do it the moment you turn it on. And make sure you get the green ticks. Make sure on a levelled-with-the-horizon surface.
If you see the temp warning, take battery out and use and air con to cool it down and start again. Remember - the longer it takes, the less accurate it will be.

Know your IMU. Its the most important part of the flight controller. Think of it as the ear-balancing system in your head that keeps you on your feet and not falling over. It also has a built in altimeter that measures height based on pressure. Heat affects pressure so make sure you do the calibration when the phantom is cold. This could explain why your phantom is "sinking".

Also just a note, bumping gains will cause oscillations in the camera+gimbal = jello.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers