Crash every flight with gimbal

Here are two photos of the equipment inside the P2 and bottom side.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_9145.jpg

Everything I have installed on or in the P2 are listed below in red. I also have three GoPro cameras a Hero 3+ silver, 3+ black and 4 black. The latter two have had the lenses replaced with 3.97mm/5.4mm lenses from www.peauproductions.com. which I replaced.

On the zenmuse gimbal I am using the white dampers and since I am using the Hero 4 black on an H3-3D there is a 6oz counterweight mounted with velcro on the backside of the camera plate. So if I want to use either 3+ cameras I can just remove the weight.

Great work, can you pls shed some light on the antennas you are using, how much gain after installing it?
Thanks,

Great work, can you pls shed some light on the antennas you are using, how much gain after installing it?
Thanks,

The square antenna is an ImmersionRC patch ant which is RHCP (right-hand circular polarization) with 13DBi of gain and has a beam width of 35° (H&V). The cloverleaf antenna is a DJI 5.8GHz with I believe 1.5 DBi of gain. Both antennas were purchased from www.bhphotovideo.com in New York.
Since the patch has a narrow beam width it has to be pointed in the direction of the P2 while the cloverleaf is omnidirectional. Watch is video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: DrJPB
The square antenna is an ImmersionRC patch ant which is RHCP (right-hand circular polarization) with 13DBi of gain and has a beam width of 35° (H&V). The cloverleaf antenna is a DJI 5.8GHz with I believe 1.5 DBi of gain. Both antennas were purchased from www.bhphotovideo.com in New York.
Since the patch has a narrow beam width it has to be pointed in the direction of the P2 while the cloverleaf is omnidirectional. Watch is video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great share, video was very informative for an amateur like me.
[emoji1360]

Great share, video was very informative for an amateur like me.
[emoji1360]

As a retired electronics repair tech, all this was easy for me and yes I manage to crash my own P2 when starting out due to panic attacks.

As a retired electronics repair tech, all this was easy for me and yes I manage to crash my own P2 when starting out due to panic attacks.

I believe my panics still to come. [emoji2]

Respect Sir. [emoji1360]

Everything I have installed on or in the P2 are listed below in red. I also have three GoPro cameras a Hero 3+ silver, 3+ black and 4 black. The latter two have had the lenses replaced with 3.97mm/5.4mm lenses from www.peauproductions.com. which I replaced.

On the zenmuse gimbal I am using the white dampers and since I am using the Hero 4 black on an H3-3D there is a 6oz counterweight mounted with velcro on the backside of the camera plate. So if I want to use either 3+ cameras I can just remove the weight.

What did you use for the counter weight? In my flights tonight I realized the gimbal wont hold the position I want when I try and rotate it up.

What did you use for the counter weight? In my flights tonight I realized the gimbal wont hold the position I want when I try and rotate it up.

I used two washers super glued together and velcro total weight is 6ozs. The reason for using the weight was the extra weight of the hero4 black camera versus the hero 3+ black and the lens protector/sun hood see photo. The sun hood cut prop shadow when flying into the high noon sun.
IMG_2538.jpg
IMG_3286.jpg

More than likely in your case you need to calibrate X1 tilt control on both the controller and P2 software then the gimbal will remain where you set it. By the way which controller do you have DJ6 or the NDJ6 with the tilt wheel on the upper left side of the controller?

Here are three photos of where I added the weight. The larger washer is almost the same size of a quarter and the smaller one the size of a dime.
IMG_1552.jpg
IMG_1553.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg

The green wire you see on the mounting plate is a ground wire that attached to the USB connector going into the camera to ground out interference noise on my monitor and it's grounded inside the P2. But you won't need to do this until you decide to install an FPV system and only if you were receiving unwanted interference.

I used two washers super glued together and velcro total weight is 6ozs. The reason for using the weight was the extra weight of the hero4 black camera versus the hero 3+ black and the lens protector/sun hood see photo. The sun hood cut prop shadow when flying into the high noon sun.
View attachment 83980 View attachment 83981
More than likely in your case you need to calibrate X1 tilt control on both the controller and P2 software then the gimbal will remain where you set it. By the way which controller do you have DJ6 or the NDJ6 with the tilt wheel on the upper left side of the controller?

NDJ6 controller. I will calibrate and then determine if counterbalance is needed.

NDJ6 controller. I will calibrate and then determine if counterbalance is needed.

If crosswinds hit the gimbal it might cause the gimbal to shut down for few seconds and it happens because of the extra weight of hero 4 over hero 3+ and that is why DJI made the H4-3D gimbal. There was only a minor change in the gimbals IMU to handle the weight and some other design changes that were needed. So basically it's upgraded H3-3D.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers