Phantom 4 Pro V2 Fell out of the sky...

@PhantomWetSuits, it appears that many fragments in the videos were lost due to corruption. Luckily they were milliseconds and the video was recoverable for the most part. Perhaps that's the reason it won't allow you to edit and I was only able to see the first 4 seconds of the video on my PC.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
No, all four props were attached when I went to recover it. According to SAR the XYZ accelerometer data is consistent with the propeller motor speed data which is consistent with losing power in the two right props simultaneously. I will update this thread as soon as DJI comes out with their conclusions after their second analysis. The first conclusion of course was pilot error. (Pshhh) Thank you to Yellow Brick Road man for getting this video to play.

No, all four props were attached when I went to recover it. According to SAR the XYZ accelerometer data is consistent with the propeller motor speed data which is consistent with losing power in the two right props simultaneously. I will update this thread as soon as DJI comes out with their conclusions after their second analysis. The first conclusion of course was pilot error. (Pshhh) Thank you to Yellow Brick Road man for getting this video to play.

Also note that the video shows the same thing - the aircraft simply rolls right without much of a yaw excursion. It was definitely a double motor shutdown, most likely caused by ESC failure.

Also note that the video shows the same thing - the aircraft simply rolls right without much of a yaw excursion. It was definitely a double motor shutdown, most likely caused by ESC failure.
Good news for Dallas Drone GUY...
Screenshot_20181217-181211_Gmail.jpg

That's good, although pretty inevitable. There was no way they could argue with the motor data from the DAT file.
Very true but it's really not over until the fat lady sings. And technically I haven't heard any singing yet. Hopefully they don't play any funny business with a new battery and a new set of props as well. Thanks to you and the other guys for your interest in this crash case. Analysis on this forum really helped me get them to take another look and reverse their initial decision.

Reactions: DKG13CC and HABU1AZ
That's good, although pretty inevitable. There was no way they could argue with the motor data from the DAT file.
Update - Received a NEW P4P V2.0 on Friday (I have been told the refurbs will have an "R" in the SN and this new one does not have the "R"). Ran two batteries through and all seemed solid at first, but during second flight noticed slight yaw drift making long exposure shots useless. Almost forgot, they sent a new battery and new set of props as well... so that's good! I will calibrate all the systems tomorrow and try again. overall I am happy that at least they sent a NEW drone and replaced my battery and props with new ones. Hopefully the imperfections can be fixed with firmware in the future... part of me thinks i should have sold it while it was still "new - never flown" and upgraded to the mavic 2... oh well

Reactions: Paul2660 and sar104
Update - Received a NEW P4P V2.0 on Friday (I have been told the refurbs will have an "R" in the SN and this new one does not have the "R"). Ran two batteries through and all seemed solid at first, but during second flight noticed slight yaw drift making long exposure shots useless. Almost forgot, they sent a new battery and new set of props as well... so that's good! I will calibrate all the systems tomorrow and try again. overall I am happy that at least they sent a NEW drone and replaced my battery and props with new ones. Hopefully the imperfections can be fixed with firmware in the future... part of me thinks i should have sold it while it was still "new - never flown" and upgraded to the mavic 2... oh well

Sad to see the yaw issue is still there with a brand new unit. Guess it's just something DJI can't fix, or cares to fix. Long exposure shots would for sure be worthless, as would be multiple exposure brackets.

Paul C

Reactions: DKG13CC
Sad to see the yaw issue is still there with a brand new unit. Guess it's just something DJI can't fix, or cares to fix. Long exposure shots would for sure be worthless, as would be multiple exposure brackets.

Paul C

I believe thats absolutely the case, they dont care to fix it, or theyre unwilling to admit their incompetency

No - that's almost certainly just an aircraft needing IMU and/or compass calibration.

If this were an isolated incident, Id be inclined to agree. In my case, at least, the IMU and compass have each been calibrated properly after each firmware update that I have installed on the aircraft. Each update and calibration was done with the hopes of removing the issue, unsuccessfully so each time.

Given that other V2.0 owners are experiencing a rather similar issue, Im not so sure calibration is the answer. If you would, please expound on what may be going wrong?

If this were an isolated incident, Id be inclined to agree. In my case, at least, the IMU and compass have each been calibrated properly after each firmware update that I have installed on the aircraft. Each update and calibration was done with the hopes of removing the issue, unsuccessfully so each time.

Given that other V2.0 owners are experiencing a rather similar issue, Im not so sure calibration is the answer. If you would, please expound on what may be going wrong?

I haven't seen many reports of this, but I suggest that you post a DAT file from the aircraft or your mobile device - that will show what is causing any uncommanded yaw.

I haven't seen many reports of this, but I suggest that you post a DAT file from the aircraft or your mobile device - that will show what is causing any uncommanded yaw.

I took it up for a flight this morning. Very quick, and I hovered in three different places. Each time I stopped, there is zero stick input, and each time, it began to yaw. I have one-minute video files of the yawing, i took them from the same flight. For whatever reason the DAT file wont upload to this website. ive tried three browsers.

I took it up for a flight this morning. Very quick, and I hovered in three different places. Each time I stopped, there is zero stick input, and each time, it began to yaw. I have one-minute video files of the yawing, i took them from the same flight. For whatever reason the DAT file wont upload to this website. ive tried three browsers.

It's the file extension causing the upload problem. Just change it to .txt and then it will upload.

Can you post a video of the drone in hover mode: Be interesting to see the yaw taking place ?

This is the mobile record. I have the DAT off the aircraft, but its being finicky.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-12-25_[07-21-53].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 329

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl