Decode Black Box

Reaction score
Hi All

This quiry is related to retrieval of flight data from Phantom 4 Pro+ V2. Need help with that.

Recently during a testing my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 got crash from ~1000 feet. It did a free fall straight down into a field on soft mud made its legs broke/collapsed but camera/gimbal took a hit.
Some one else was was flying it and as per him he got message on screen that signals has been lost and he witnessed the fall.
The drone didn't made any recovery or RTH attempts despite it has good amount of time to recover.

With the help of google I managed to take flight data from the TRANSMITTER and decoded it using Phantomhelp LogViewer which didn't help much as the last message came out was Weak Signal.

How do I read data from the Drone unit?

Below is the appeared record.

1664430279078.png

Obviously, the problem was with the signal. We don't know how you've set your RTH parameters.
But free fall as you described shouldn't have happened. Must be something with the power loss.

Hi All

This quiry is related to retrieval of flight data from Phantom 4 Pro+ V2. Need help with that.

Recently during a testing my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 got crash from ~1000 feet. It did a free fall straight down into a field on soft mud made its legs broke/collapsed but camera/gimbal took a hit.
Some one else was was flying it and as per him he got message on screen that signals has been lost and he witnessed the fall.
The drone didn't made any recovery or RTH attempts despite it has good amount of time to recover.

With the help of google I managed to take flight data from the TRANSMITTER and decoded it using Phantomhelp LogViewer which didn't help much as the last message came out was Weak Signal.

How do I read data from the Drone unit?

Below is the appeared record.

View attachment 124401
Check out
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC
which shows you how to use DJI Assistant 2 to retrieve a .DAT log from the P4.

If you can't power up the P4 then you'll need to extract the internal SD card that contains the .DAT log file.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20