Phantom 3 Standard Fly Away. Where is it ?

Will DJI replace the drone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
As noted above DJI GO 3.1.2 contains a bug that can cause the home point to be reset to an incorrect location. Your Phantom should have landed here:

Thanks @msinger,
I just got back online, I figured he would find it if wasn't in the drink. :rolleyes:
All the data showed it was heading that direction. Like in other fly-aways, I was going to try to figure out how much battery was left.
I woke up this morning, and thought, duh, it told us the distance of the new Home Point. OMG

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Reactions: meierjoe
@meierjoe
Great!

I would contact DJI on your incident, just cause you don't know if there is water damage, etc.

Rod

thank you rod:)
yes it got wet and i am little bit afrsid of rice getting into it when i fully cover it. of course i already wrote an email to dji explaining the incident and sending the flight logs. i just hope it happens to nobody else and if that they find their way to such amazing people as you are that are happy to help :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

thank you rod:)
yes it got wet and i am little bit afrsid of rice getting into it when i fully cover it. of course i already wrote an email to dji explaining the incident and sending the flight logs. i just hope it happens to nobody else and if that they find their way to such amazing people as you are that are happy to help :)

Keep us updated for sure

Hi all,
I had my fly away just today. It happened I used 3.1.2 on Samsung a5.
Reading my flight data (it was available in DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord folder on samsung) I found using healthydrones.com:

- max flight distance was set to 50 m (for safety)
- home point was recorder properly
- when I saw my drone was flying away I pressed RTH button
- the drone flew away oposite direction to the home point - it flew away around 500 m and crashed

I found the crash site and am trying to search the drone. It is dark bush in this place unfortunately. Little hope.

I've sent my flight data to DJI support and waiting reply.
Will keep you posted.

Mark

Hi all,
I had my fly away just today. It happened I used 3.1.2 on Samsung a5.
Reading my flight data (it was available in DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord folder on samsung) I found using healthydrones.com:
Healthydrones is very little help for things like this.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone will be able to show you where to search

There was another poster recently within the past week who had this happen and it ended up in the water and he never found it. DJI sent him a new one.

Reactions: Squirrel! and KNS8Y
Here's my log: Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

After several hour of search around last recorded position I haven't found the drone. Could it fly away the direction it was heading when lost contact?
It was only around 2-3 minutes into the flight with fresh bateries so it could fly away several miles making my search almost impossible.

It looks like a bug in DJI go app 3.1.2 but No response from DJI support as yet.

Last edited:
Here's my log: Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

After several hour of search around last recorded position I haven't found the drone. Could it fly away the direction it was heading when lost contact?
It was only around 2-3 minutes into the flight with fresh bateries so it could fly away several miles making my search almost impossible.

It looks like a bug in DJI go app 3.1.2 but No response from DJI support as yet.
Searching probably won't find much.
Here's where it was "returning" to:
i-T8P2XpP-L.jpg

At 2:08 your Phantom 's home point was reset to 835 metres west.

Reactions: RodPad
Wow if that lands on the road and hurts or damages somebody's car, that's a lawsuit against dji waiting to happen right?

in Germany the lawsuit would be against you as you are not allowed to fly it out of your sight and always need to have control over the drone. thats why it is by law required to have an insurance for the cases of injuring people or damaging cars and other stuff. Now i see why this insurance makes sense

Last edited:
I agree with @Meta4, If its there it will be under the N.

Good Luck ;)

Rod

Oh, this problem is getting scary. :eek:

I agree with @Meta4, If its there it will be under the N.

Good Luck ;)

Rod

Oh, this problem is getting scary. :eek:
Is there a means by which the PhantomPilots "organization" could put out an alert for people to stop using the 3.1.2 Go App (with android, anyway) or is that beyond the group's charter, so to speak? Less experienced flyers would not necessarily pick up on the issues until it was too late.

Yeah, good thought, but so many find the web sight after they have a problem. Actually DJI should be sending some thing out that gives an alert on THEIR APP.
If you think about, DJI has everybody's email when we register. :rolleyes: :eek:
Calculated risk, If DJI made it public, then they are acknowledging the problem. Loose sales, law suits, etc.

@LuvMyTJ
Any thoughts?

Rod

you are the best and made my birthday the best i ever had [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] i found it where you said it would be. can not believe it after 4 hours searchi g completely wrong.

you are the best and made my birthday the best i ever had [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] i found it where you said it would be. can not believe it after 4 hours searchi g completely wrong.

So VERY glad you found it!!!!!
Reading another thread here, people have been having the same problem with 3.1.2 on Android, so I tested it and YES I had the SAME problem so I downgraded to 3.1.1.

I agree 100%, DJI is losing the revenue every time they need to replace a bird.
Is there such a thing as a temporary sticky thread?

So VERY glad you found it!!!!!
Reading another thread here, people have been having the same problem with 3.1.2 on Android, so I tested it and YES I had the SAME problem so I downgraded to 3.1.1.
I don't understand when this happens, are you just flying, or are pressing something like update home point.

In other words it just happens at random?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl