Phantom 3 Standard Fly Away. Where is it ?

Will DJI replace the drone?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
My home computers are so slow, I need to disappear like the Phantom, to many script errors, it will crash.

I only looked at the data from @msinger 's log, I say it headed the direction away from you in the second log until it ran out of power and did a Auto Land. My first focus was elevation changes and should have just kept going East.

Others are good in calculating speed, wind speed, battery power, and where an Auto land might happen.

Viewing the first log when I saw the home point changed and how close it was to you. :eek:
Oh-No

Rod

Reactions: Dr Crashmenot
As noted above DJI GO 3.1.2 contains a bug that can cause the home point to be reset to an incorrect location. Your Phantom should have landed here:

Landed.jpg

Landing2.jpg

If you cannot find it or you find it and it's damaged, contact DJI support for help. They will most likely fix it or replace it under warranty.

DJI need to sort this asap, its awful and they can not argue the toss surely, hope you find it OP :)

On a side note when this happens to android users will the phantom after picking its new home point just go there and land normally, i mean it wont crash or anything?

Man, would love to know why this is happening with this version. I use it and have no issues but if I open the app before I connect to the P3 it will show my location off by about mile. WTF.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

when this happens to android users will the phantom after picking its new home point just go there and land normally, i mean it wont crash or anything?
It could crash if it's not high enough or it lands into a tree or some other obstacle.

Go back to Go App 3.0.1 and all works exactly as it should.

As noted above DJI GO 3.1.2 contains a bug that can cause the home point to be reset to an incorrect location. Your Phantom should have landed here:

View attachment 75335

View attachment 75338

If you cannot find it or you find it and it's damaged, contact DJI support for help. They will most likely fix it or replace it under warranty.
you are the best and made my birthday the best i ever had [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] i found it where you said it would be. can not believe it after 4 hours searchi g completely wrong.

View attachment 75335

View attachment 75338

you are the best and made my birthday the best i ever had [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] i found it where you said it would be. can not believe it after 4 hours searchi g completely wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thats great news buddy, really made up for you :), was it undamaged?

Darren

Reactions: meierjoe
thanks again :))
sadly there was a lot of morning fog and it is very wet. do you have any suggestions what to do and if it is repariable?but all things else are completely undamaged. amazing

DONT turn it on or power it up, chances are if its only due and fog like dampness as long as you don't put current through the components until its 100% dry you should be ok

to be fair it doesn't look to wet lol, but obviously i didn't pick it up and see it physically, a week should deffo be sufficient, maybe even less time but maybe someone else could chime in and help here, might be worthwhile to put it in the airing cupboard or similar to help it dry out .

Darren

Outstanding. If you have a can of compressed air you might spray the camera gimbal fittings a little to get the liquid water out of those areas. I would not spray any other areas.

So the end of the story is that the bird went precisely to the last recorded home point of latitude 51.52697204 degrees longitude 11.92622875 degrees. This is critical information for others having fly always.

Sorry i dont know if and how I see the Home Point.
If I now search in the direction North West of what my DJI Go App shows me as my point maybe the drone is around there (also direction north west )on the accident place. Amazing is as well when I change from DJI 3 Standard to Aspire 1 in the App my location is correctly shown.View media item 3042
In looking at this map your north arrow is pointing right not up. If it were pointing up the northwest direction you referenced would have been toward where the bird was recovered.

Would be nice to know if when turning on the Go App in the spot where you initialized flight yesterday does the blue dot lay where you recovered the bird? If so that would explain the entire problem with the 3.1.2 version of the app. If it does not but is on the same bearing but different distance at least it can be partially useful information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20