Phantom 3 SE Remote drops WiFis when batt levet under 50%

Reaction score
Anyone had experience like this? It drops the aircraft's and the tablet's wifi too. First it dropped when it was around 60%, today it was about 50-55%. The plane just arrived few days ago, just has been charged 2 times roughly, hopefully will decrease the wifi drops after a while... I think it has something to the battery, or the battery panel (can't remember the name)...

Already submitted a request about it to DJI, no reply so far. Abive 55-60% it's perfect, even okay when it is fully discharged but it's connected to a charger, or a power bank. It's a pretty new bird for me, don't want to send the remote to get it fixed, I was even thinking of buying a new remote, but can't find anywhere on the market. It brought me another question:

Is it possible to buy P3SE remote separately?

How long does the repair period take usually? I even have DJI Care if it counts...

I'm a happy former owner of a ph3Se...i had poor connection anyway and dji reply me that i was flying in too much interference area.....well in the same area where the Se loose signal after 280/300mt and sometimes reach 400mt with my new Ph3adv i reached 4km with no video lag and 3 signal bars.....i got back only because Litchi said me "maybe is better to come back home"!!!
Other owners are satisfied about the performance of the Se...i don't understand why in Ce mode some Se get 3km range and others 300mt....

Looks like no body has answered the few questions akosss has asked...I can't but somebody sure needs too lend a hand and help him.

Anyone had experience like this? It drops the aircraft's and the tablet's wifi too. First it dropped when it was around 60%, today it was about 50-55%. The plane just arrived few days ago, just has been charged 2 times roughly, hopefully will decrease the wifi drops after a while... I think it has something to the battery, or the battery panel (can't remember the name)...

Already submitted a request about it to DJI, no reply so far. Abive 55-60% it's perfect, even okay when it is fully discharged but it's connected to a charger, or a power bank. It's a pretty new bird for me, don't want to send the remote to get it fixed, I was even thinking of buying a new remote, but can't find anywhere on the market. It brought me another question:

Is it possible to buy P3SE remote separately?

How long does the repair period take usually? I even have DJI Care if it counts...

My experience is, that video transmition start to fail at 30% controller battery, and at 20% there is no FPV signal at all, even on 10 meter range. I think because RC battery goes down mutch slower as aircraft's, it's not a big issue.

Personally I would re update the firmware then Re sink the bird and the controller it’s free and easy ! Keep it simple [emoji6]

I know it's an old thread but I couldn't answear before!
I experienced the same thing only during my first flights: when controller's battery was around 50% disconnections between mobile and controller started to happen and even loss of signal from aircraft.
I started thinking I had a bad controller, also because its battery dropped so fast, almost 50% on a signle battery flight!
When firmware 1.3.20 came everything seems to have changed so I thought it might just be something wrong in the old firmware "sucking" battery life somehow.
Indeed, all of sudden, controller's battery life was longer and had no visible issues untill the last "dot" on the controller's battery indicator was the only one remaining!
When firmware 1.5.40 came out some issue came back and even downgrading to 1.3.20 left something, but it seems more "random"!
I actually can't tell what it depends on, but sometimes it happens I can't find the controller's wifi if the battery is around 50%.
Wanna know the weirdest thing?
It soon pop up if I plug in a usb cable, no matter if there is anything onthe other side, but the wifi comes back!
I'm almost sure it's just a firmware bug, I just can't understand what exactly couse this behaviour.
Probably it's the same bug cusing loss of signal when battery is going down.
I say this because I had the chance to check and if I am flying my aircraft AND the controller's battery goes under 50% I have no issues, not even when the controller battery warning start to chime in.
Indeed, when I have controller's battery under 30% I usually connect a usb portable charger only to stop the warning.
Actually I usually get a full AC battery flight with "one dot" of the controller's battery, less than half the result when it was brand new, one more thing that makes me think the firmware have lot to do with firmware issues!

The lights are just indicators, I’m sure the calibration of the indicators is software driven. You may show 50% battery life left and actually have 85% left. These voltages, or error signals, are used for all voltage driven calculations on the aircraft. Remember, these things are built, sold, and then made to work.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl