GLW358wD remote controller will not bind with w328 Phantom 3 SE drone

Reaction score
I picked up a cheap Phantom 3 SE (no camera) and it's matching controller and for the life of me I can't seem to get the controller to bind to the drone

I can activate the controller into 'chirpy bird' binding mode either by rolling the left gimbal to the bottom and flicking switch S2 backwards and forwards three or four times, or by binding to the WiFi from the DJI Go app and selecting Linking Remote Controller from the Remote Controller Settings menu

And I can get the drone to go in to binding mode by pressing the red button on the bottom so that it goes in to flashy mode (the button is broken so I'm shorting the switch with a screwdriver but it essentially works the same) but the controller just times out after the 1 minute odd of trying and pair just won't bond

Any suggestions of what to try or where to look?

Many thanks! Alex

Controller

Drone

Trying to bind (red light on drone is flashing)

Main board of drone

I picked up a cheap Phantom 3 SE (no camera) and it's matching controller and for the life of me I can't seem to get the controller to bind to the drone

If I remember correctly, it will not link at all without the camera being in place. After linking with a camera in place, the AC can be used without the camera.

If I remember correctly, it will not link at all without the camera being in place. After linking with a camera in place, the AC can be used without the camera.

Thanks - good to know and definitely didn't know that!

I also have a couple of Phantom 3 Standard drones with cameras that are working fine so I wonder if I could borrow one of the cameras from one of those, rig it up to the SE, bind the remote controller and the drone and then go back to my plan of fitting an aftermarket gimbal and a GoPro to the SE for future use?

I know that the cameras on the Advanced and Professional are different and have different connectors than the Standard and SE ones, but I _think_ the connectors on the Standard and the SE cameras looked the same, even though the cameras themselves are different quality.

Just for completeness here's a handy photo showing the differences between the 3 types of Phantom 3 motherboard

The SE doesn't appear to have the WiFi and compass (?) card mounted on the motherboard as the leads from the wires in the legs go out of the bottom of the drone towards where the camera should be

The Standard motherboard has the extra board soldered to the motherboard with the two U.FL connectors for the ariels

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj