Phantom 3 Advanced battery not taking a charge.

Reaction score
I pulled my P3A out of the case and decided to give the batteries a charge and make sure the firmware is up to date. All three batteries showed one green bar when the button was pressed to check charge level. I charged two of them and the controller with no issues whatsoever, but the third battery is giving me fits.

If you press the button to check charge state, the red light on the button comes on, the first green LED flashes 6 times and then everything goes out. If I plug it in to the charger, it does this once and then goes out. If I try to turn the battery on, it just does the flashy thing until I let go of the button, then it stays on with the first LED flashing. If I then plug the charger in, it looks like it's taking a charge and stays on with the first LED blinking for a while (like 15 minutes), then everything goes off. After a couple of seconds, the red light comes on and the first LED blinks 6 times and it goes off. This repeats until I unplug the pack.

I've been looking at tons of various troubleshooting articles and vids but I can't seem to get anything to snap this pack out of its funk. I think it's just done, but it's not puffed and I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this drone, so not sure if I should bother buying another pack.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

If I try to turn the battery on, it just does the flashy thing until I let go of the button, then it stays on with the first LED flashing. If I then plug the charger in, it looks like it's taking a charge and stays on with the first LED blinking for a while (like 15 minutes), then everything goes off. After a couple of seconds, the red light comes on and the first LED blinks 6 times and it goes off. This repeats until I unplug the pack.

"If I then plug the charger in, it looks like it's taking a charge and stays on with the first LED blinking for a while (like 15 minutes), then everything goes off."

It appears you are powering on the battery, like your going to fly, then connect it to the charger?
It goes for 15 mins, then restarts, but is doesn't do the 15 min cycle again, unless you start over with the procedure of what I call topping off the battery, just before I fly?

Rod

Late to the party. Purchased a P3P this year with three batteries. Like yours, all flashed one green. Two charged perfectly, the third one followed yours to a T. Tried every trick off and on for a week without success, it finally swelled and the lights....stopped.....blinking. RIP

Try this sequence: power the battery on to get the one light flashing. Then power the battery off. At this point it is imperative you do not touch the power button on the battery. Wait a minimum of 5 minutes then connect the charger and leave it alone. DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON. Leave it alone in a safe, fireproof location for at least 4 hours. If the battery has a low cell from extended storage this procedure may bring it back out of hibernation mode.

Try this sequence: power the battery on to get the one light flashing. Then power the battery off. At this point it is imperative you do not touch the power button on the battery. Wait a minimum of 5 minutes then connect the charger and leave it alone. DO NOT TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON. Leave it alone in a safe, fireproof location for at least 4 hours. If the battery has a low cell from extended storage this procedure may bring it back out of hibernation mode.

mmmmm just to politely correct this ...

Power on battery by doing the double press - ignore what lights do ....

DO NOT TOUCH POWER BUTTON AGAIN >>>>>

Leave for 5 minutes.

Plug in DJI charger and leave alone ... do not touch power button ...

It may start charging shortly after - it may take all day ...

The above sequence is the Get out of Hibernation Mode .... which is only successful some times.

mmmmm just to politely correct this ...

Power on battery by doing the double press - ignore what lights do ....

DO NOT TOUCH POWER BUTTON AGAIN >>>>>

Leave for 5 minutes.

Plug in DJI charger and leave alone ... do not touch power button ...

It may start charging shortly after - it may take all day ...

The above sequence is the Get out of Hibernation Mode .... which is only successful some times.
I realize my advice was contrary to the normal "get out of hibernation mode" procedure. I figured since he had already tried charging after powering on the battery and it failed, and assuming once the battery powered on it would stay on (even after the 5 minute wait period) that this procedure was worth a go as it had not been tried yet.

I realize my advice was contrary to the normal "get out of hibernation mode" procedure. I figured since he had already tried charging after powering on the battery and it failed, and assuming once the battery powered on it would stay on (even after the 5 minute wait period) that this procedure was worth a go as it had not been tried yet.

Reading his post - I got impression he had done like most of us do ... been pressing and connecting willy nilly trying to find any way that works.

The main two items of the Hibernation recovery mode are :

1. Power on and LEAVE ALONE ... if the power button is touched again - the whole affair has to be restarted again.
2. Wait 5 mins - Connect DJI charger and leave for however long it needs...

Thanks to everyone for the various remedies offered. I will try each of them until I find one that works. In any case, I've decided to grab another battery anyway. It never hurts to have an extra. Even if I do get rid of the P3A in the end, three working batteries is always better than 2.

Reactions: 3rdof5 and RodPad
Ok, I've tried just about everything. Our battery goes through the power on sequence and then blinks the first led once or twice and then shuts off. It does the same thing when plugged into charger. I don't believe it's in a hibernation mode as I've read that would be indicated for only the red light on?? There is a youtube channel from Australia that claims to have a solution, but it is paid and since it's been 3yrs that anyone comments there is not link to pay.

Any. advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Patrick

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie