I can't find the WI-FI network of the Phantom 3 standard on my Iphone

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I start wishing to everybody an happy easter also even in this particular period that I hope finish at soonest.

Being at home I decided to use my drone again which is a DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

I followed the whole procedure for the correct ignition:
- Recharged drone battery;
- Recharged the remote control;
- I turn on the remote control;
- I turn on the drone;
- I am looking for the drone's wifi network but it is not detected by my Iphone, therefore I cannot connect the DJI go app.

At this point I carry out the procedure to reset the wifi connection as explained by DJI:
- Turned right the Gimbal control dial;
- Moved up and down the S2 switch three times

But even in this case on my Iphone I can't see my drone's wifi network.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Consider that without the Iphone connection the drone flies, but obviously I can't see the images transmitted live.

I hope to have explained the problem well

Thanks in advance.

Alessandro

Turn off your home internet wifi it can interfere with drones wifi..try that.
I can see the phone defaulting to the home wi-fi, but I've never seen the surrounding signals suppressed to the point they don't even show up.

When searching for the wi-fi, do you see any channels at all?

I tried to turn off also the home wi-fi but it still doesn't work.

@LarBear360 when I search for the wi-fi I can see all the others wi-fi network turned on but none the aircraft wi-fi.

I also tried manually, but it doesn't find the network associated to my drone, really I have no other way to try.

I'm starting to think it may be an internal rc problem

I tried to turn off also the home wi-fi but it still doesn't work.

@LarBear360 when I search for the wi-fi I can see all the others wi-fi network turned on but none the aircraft wi-fi.

I also tried manually, but it doesn't find the network associated to my drone, really I have no other way to try.

I'm starting to think it may be an internal rc problem
I just switched on the power to my P3S controller and my tablet. When I open the wi-fi settings on my tablet it defaults to my home though I can see the RC listed. So yes, it's looking like there is an issue somewhere inside the RC. And even if it were a broken antenna, I would think there would be something you could see, albeit very weak.

Any possibility of getting your hands on another RC for testing? If not, worse case I can think of is purchasing another one. My spare cost all of $75. That cost may have gone up or down depending upon supply and demand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.