P4P No HDMI for you

After all the initial hub-bub about the HDMI working with the P4P controller I was excited.... well... I too spent 4 hours installing, uninstalling, updating, rolling back etc, all to no avail.... frankly I'm pretty pissed. There were MANY DJI testers/rep's/technicians saying it was compatible.... well it is not.

If they want me to buy their new goggles the'd better be sure my HDMI module works.... or refund my $100....

I installed the module and it works. Updated the firmware too. It disconnected once when I first installed it, but then it worked fine once I restarted the tablet. Haven't tried attaching my HDMI monitor to it, but the tablet worked no problem.

Agreed. However, the majority won't actually buy them. It's a very expensive setup. If that's true, then the majority of people don't need the HDMI out either.

Eachine has HDMI goggles for $150. They aren't perfect and I don't recommend them yet, but they are close to having a decent setup for $150. Another 6 months and I think there will be some good goggle choices available for under $200. If DJI spent the extra $5 it costs them to include HDMI in all controllers it wouldn't be expensive option.

I installed the module and it works. Updated the firmware too. It disconnected once when I first installed it, but then it worked fine once I restarted the tablet. Haven't tried attaching my HDMI monitor to it, but the tablet worked no problem.

Can you please tell me what the exact DJI part number is on the module box?

I wonder if there is an "early version" and a "later version" of the HDMI module?

Not at home to check mine, but it was one of the first ones made. I got it as soon as they became available for the Phantom 3 Pro. This board has been on my P3P, my P4, and now it is working flawlessly with my P4P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Not at home to check mine, but it was one of the first ones made. I got it as soon as they became available for the Phantom 3 Pro. This board has been on my P3P, my P4, and now it is working flawlessly with my P4P.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow... double weird, I did same... got them soon after they cam out for the P3P.... very frustrating. I will talk with DJI at the CES show in a couple weeks...

There's only one. Here's the box:

Box.jpg

Ok, a new update, folks. I am now convinced this is a controller issue. After installing the hdmi module a dozen times, I thought I would try one last time today. I did one thing different this time, I did not put the screws into the plastic cover after installing. To my surprise, I found the module connecting For the first time! Unfortunately, as soon as I would pick the controller up, it would instantly drop a signal. The issue seems to be of the electrical nature, as soon as any pressure is applied to the module, even a slight touch with your hands, the signal drops. This explains why it wouldn't never worked with the screws in. There needs to be very slight gap between the module and controller to work. It seems to especially be a problem on the right side of the module. This is not a firmware issue. I'll be sending this in soon. At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong now.

Reactions: Loz
There's only one. Here's the box:

View attachment 71739
Hi msinger, I tried to grab your attention in another thread so apologies if I am repeating myself. Recently ordered a set of fly sight Spexman goggles and a genuine hdmi board to suit my P4. The tech guy that sold them to me said that the process is straight forward to install (watched the videos etc, so it looks straightforward), but reading through this and other threads suggests that you either need to update the RC firmware or for some it worked straight away. Checking my go 4 app and there is no option to select dual outputs as per one of your posts that I found so I am assuming for that option to be enabled, there is an update or similar to recognise the hdmi module. Can you advise please?

I upgraded my RC and P4P to the latest FW last week. And then I put in the HDMI board (originally had it in a P3P) and it works just fine.

I've got these settings on my P4
GO4: 4.0.2
Drone: 01.02.0602
RC: 1.8.0
Waiting for Santa to deliver my presents and as posted earlier will see what needs to be done after fitting the HDMI module to run my goggles.

Ok, a new update, folks. I am now convinced this is a controller issue. After installing the hdmi module a dozen times, I thought I would try one last time today. I did one thing different this time, I did not put the screws into the plastic cover after installing. To my surprise, I found the module connecting For the first time! Unfortunately, as soon as I would pick the controller up, it would instantly drop a signal. The issue seems to be of the electrical nature, as soon as any pressure is applied to the module, even a slight touch with your hands, the signal drops. This explains why it wouldn't never worked with the screws in. There needs to be very slight gap between the module and controller to work. It seems to especially be a problem on the right side of the module. This is not a firmware issue. I'll be sending this in soon. At least I know I'm not doing anything wrong now.

Interesting... I will try the same test on mine when I get a chance...

Reactions: PainterPilot
reading through this and other threads suggests that you either need to update the RC firmware
DJI GO will prompt you to install the RC firmware in the status section of the camera view if needed.

Checking my go 4 app and there is no option to select dual outputs
You'll see the option in the following section of DJI GO after installing the RC firmware:

DJI-GO-HDMI-Image-Output.png

Reactions: tevek
DJI GO will prompt you to install the RC firmware in the status section of the camera view if needed.

You'll see the option in the following section of DJI GO after installing the RC firmware:

View attachment 72193
Legend! Thank you for the definitive answer. I have yet to see any posts regarding the Spexman goggles so I'll write a story when they are up and running.

DJI is living up to its stunningly terrible product support. It took me over two weeks just to get a shipping label to send my aircraft in. Now they want to change me $100 to fix, they are trying to say I modified the aircraft by installing their DJI HDMI module (it is their controller that actually has the problem). After waiting over an hour and a half in hold, they are opening a case "dispute." There is no talking to technicians. They are probably simply going to force me to pay it, to fix their problem! I'm really dissatisfied with my experience so far.

Hi I fly with the Head Play googles and I installed the DJI HDMI module in the P4P controller and it all works great after the controller DJI Go app 4 updated the controller after seeing that I installed the new HDMI module. I have installed several HDMI modules in the P3P and Inspire controllers and never had any issues. Just take your time and make sure you connect up and lock the three ribbon cables. That's it!

Happy FPV your P4P

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi I fly with the Head Play googles and I installed the DJI HDMI module in the P4P controller and it all works great after the controller DJI Go app 4 updated the controller after seeing that I installed the new HDMI module. I have installed several HDMI modules in the P3P and Inspire controllers and never had any issues. Just take your time and make sure you connect up and lock the three ribbon cables. That's it!

Happy FPV your P4P

Best regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Glad yours worked, Steve. Mine didn't. Something is definitely wrong with my controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik