P4P No HDMI for you

Bummer!

With the module install, is the controller working with the iOS or Andoid device and just not the HDMI output?

No. If you look at an earlier thread, I wrote about how I could only get the controller to connect briefly with no screws in. A slight bump or touch to the controller and it would lose signal instantly. It seems to be a controller issue. DJI has it now. They are trying to charge me to fix it too.

I see them and sorry you have this issue. Hope DJI changes their position to charge you.

Good luck man!

Best Regards,
Steve

Oh nooo please... I hate this... same problem here... already the second HDMI module ordered (returned one to the first dealer and told them it's not working and got another one from another dealer). The issue is exactely as initially described. As soon as the fu***ng HDMI-cover is in place the smartphone is not able to connect the remote anymore. Usually DJI go pops up but nothing happens on my android phone. also tried with an ipad... has to be a controller issue for sure... I opened a support case now. Wow... few days ago I had to replace my Mavic (DOA) and now this... DJI what's going on over there???

I too have the HDMI plague... I've tried everything, including what is mentioned on post 18 of THIS thread over at the DJI forum (shaving the plastic tab near the small resistor) and no dice... I'm pretty pissed about this... and IMO the P4P should have come with it already on the controller anyway. This module worked perfectly on my P3P...

I see B&H just got them in stock here too.

OK... UPDATE:

So I AGAIN installed my HDMI back on the controller. I went through and updated AGAIN. This time it finally works... kinda...

I have to follow this EXACT sequence below or the downlink to the tablet will not show the downlink - although the secondary monitor/goggles sees the downlink camera view just fine:
  1. Turn on Controller
  2. Wait for Go App to come up (Mine is defaulted to do so when USB is connected)
  3. Turn on Phantom
  4. Wait for full connection aircraft to controller with downlink
  5. THEN connect the HDMI cable to the back of the controller
  6. THEN connect the HDMI cable to the secondary monitor
What a pain in the A$$, and I know for a fact this is not normal because my buddy has the same setup and can connect/disconnect the HDMI cable any time he wants with no issues.

Also, if you fail to get the downlink view on your tablet when all else is connected an looking good, you have to shut down everything and try again.

Anybody shed any light on this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl