P4P No HDMI for you

No doubt. Unfortunately, businesses don't stay in business by selling things at cost.

Word twisting aside, my point is that the majority of Phantom owners are most likely not using the HDMI port. Therefore, adding it to all of the remote controllers could be deemed as wasteful to a company that is interested in making money.

Understood, but it would be nice if DJI provided an upgrade option for owners of the P4P that want the same functionality that was provided for the P3 and P4. The existing HDMI module does not work with the P4P at this time.

I would imagine if they made the HDMI module an add-on they would have much more sales of the board which would make it more profitable for them due to total units sold. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm happy to report that the 12/9 firmware upgrade resolved the HDMI board issues I was having with the P4P.
Held off for a few days before I put the module back on. Outputted just fine to the external monitor.

Did anyone get the module to work after the recent firmware upgrades? I still get no connection on my P4P. I thought maybe my first module had a problem so I ordered a new one. Still no connection. When I put the original module with no HDMI on everything works fine.

Did anyone get the module to work after the recent firmware upgrades? I still get no connection on my P4P. I thought maybe my first module had a problem so I ordered a new one. Still no connection. When I put the original module with no HDMI on everything works fine.
Yea it works 100%. Just make sure you get the back plastic cover in properly and update everything accordingly.

No doubt. Unfortunately, businesses don't stay in business by selling things at cost.

Word twisting aside, my point is that the majority of Phantom owners are most likely not using the HDMI port. Therefore, adding it to all of the remote controllers could be deemed as wasteful to a company that is interested in making money.
With all due respect, if that was the case, why did DJI include HDMI on the P4P+? In theory the bright screen would diminish the need for googles, those pilots would need it even less. Logically the P4P controllers need HDMI more than the P4P+, don't you agree?

This is simply a no brainer, a "PRO" system should have HDMI included (like Solo and Typhoon H), and some guy in DJI marketing didn't have a brain....IMHO. I wanted HDMI from day one of getting my P3P, my needs haven't changed, and I don't think I'm that unique. I think the majority will eventually want to fly with goggles, it's very cool to feel like a bird in the sky, totally immersed.

Reactions: PainterPilot
Yea it works 100%. Just make sure you get the back plastic cover in properly and update everything accordingly.
I have tried everything. I still cannot get it to connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and checked the firmware. Every time I go back to the original module, things work, when I switch back they don't.

I got my P4P last week and moved the HDMI module from my P3A and had no issues, I upgraded the FW on everything first and when I put the HDMI module in it did another update and it's all been good.

Check there is no crap on the ribbon connectors and sockets. A magnifying glass is a good tool to check both the ribbon and the socket. Make sure they are pushed in properly before you lock them closed. Just a thought.

I have tried everything. I still cannot get it to connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and checked the firmware. Every time I go back to the original module, things work, when I switch back they don't.

I can't get mine to work either, tried twice with same result.. RC's third charge light keeps blinking with the HDMI module installed. Without the backcover on, I'm stuck at the startup screen in DJI GO 4 with "Enter Device" as an option. If I put the cover on, it does allow me to go to go to flight screen, but there is no telemetry or camera picture from the bird. When I switch back to original module, everything works fine. I have the latest firmware installed so it must be a hardware fault, only I have no idea if it's the module or the RC that need to be replaced/repaired. I'll try to give DJI CS a call later today.

Reactions: PainterPilot
I had the same issue as described but the 12/9 firmware resolved for me.
Just for a sanity check, did you verify the firmware version number on the controller?

In theory the bright screen would diminish the need for googles, those pilots would need it even less. Logically the P4P controllers need HDMI more than the P4P+, don't you agree?
I use goggles for the experience -- not my inability to see my screen.

I think the majority will eventually want to fly with goggles
Agreed. However, the majority won't actually buy them. It's a very expensive setup. If that's true, then the majority of people don't need the HDMI out either.

Reactions: Techcop50
I had the same issue as described but the 12/9 firmware resolved for me.
Just for a sanity check, did you verify the firmware version number on the controller?
A little sanity would be good right now, Gary. :) the controller is telling me I have 1.8.0 -- is that the latest version?

For those of you using the HDMI module output to a screen (not to goggles), what monitor are you using?? Are there any regular tablets out there that will also accept an HDMI input?

Here's my update today so far. I have spent 30 minutes on the phone with DJI customer support. I never really got a clear answer but the lady I talked to said I need to send my HDMI module into DJI to have it repaired. This is the second module now. I ordered it from B&H Photo. After I spoke to her, I spent and hour on the phone with a DJI rep at B&H trying to troubleshoot the problem. We are still not down to the bottom of it. We are trying to reinstall previous software at this point and trying to reboot. We'll see what happens next. I have way too many hours into this...

My story is as follows: contacted CS at DJI 3 times and was told to update the firmware on the RC via DJI Assistant 2. Tried both on my MacBook and my Windows PC, but couldn't get the RC to connect to the program. So I contacted the dealer, which sold me both my P3P and the new P4P, he had never heard of updating the RC via DJI Assistant, only the bird itself and I have to agree with him, nowhere I can find, talks about updating the RC this way. According to the dealer there's a few different versions of the HDMI module and I could have one, which isn't supported with the new firmware update, anyway he proposed to send another HDMI module for me to test. So that where it stands now.

Here's my update today so far. I have spent 30 minutes on the phone with DJI customer support. I never really got a clear answer but the lady I talked to said I need to send my HDMI module into DJI to have it repaired. This is the second module now. I ordered it from B&H Photo. After I spoke to her, I spent and hour on the phone with a DJI rep at B&H trying to troubleshoot the problem. We are still not down to the bottom of it. We are trying to reinstall previous software at this point and trying to reboot. We'll see what happens next. I have way too many hours into this...

My story is as follows: contacted CS at DJI 3 times and was told to update the firmware on the RC via DJI Assistant 2. Tried both on my MacBook and my Windows PC, but couldn't get the RC to connect to the program. So I contacted the dealer, which sold me both my P3P and the new P4P, he had never heard of updating the RC via DJI Assistant, only the bird itself and I have to agree with him, nowhere I can find, talks about updating the RC this way. According to the dealer there's a few different versions of the HDMI module and I could have one, which isn't supported with the new firmware update, anyway he proposed to send another HDMI module for me to test. So that where it stands now.
This is basically where I'm at too. At least eight hours of troubleshooting here. I'm sending my module back to B&H and hoping for the best at a later time.

Reactions: DKDrone
Okay, just tried the third module today. Still not able to update. Stops at 34 percent. I'm thinking this has to be a controller issue at this point, not a module issue. Without this module, the drone flys great. Too bad I want to use FPVs with this.

For those of you using the HDMI module output to a screen (not to goggles), what monitor are you using?? Are there any regular tablets out there that will also accept an HDMI input?
Most of the tablets are HDMI out. Look for a battery powered field monitor with HDMI in. Several on Amazon. Or get the 72 inch Visio and a generator. [emoji6]. But be aware it is 720p output.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: RyanK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1