P4P Flies slow, wont hover

Reaction score
I have had my P4P for a few weeks, up till now now issues.

I went out to fly this morning and had issues; the copter flew extremely slow (both horiz. and vert). Were talking 2-3 MPH. I tries speed mode and it went up a few, but still slow. Also the copter would not hover, it kept dropping in altitude.

RECENT CHANGES:
I just updated the Firmware
I added the extended channel hack to my iPad

FW Levels
App. 4.05
Drone 01.03.418
Trans. 01.04.00.00

I checked the basics like "Beginner Mode" was off. The outside temp was cold (32 f) but I have flown in much colder. Also the copter initially checked out ) I usually take off, and hover at 10 feet to be sure that everything is operating.

Any help is appreciated.

K

still acting up? have you considered calibrating your RC. Cold weather could be affecting the gimbals, causing them to stick.

Are you in Tripod mode? Sounds like tripod mode to me.

I double checked all settings and it is not in Tripod Mode. I also reloaded the Go App, No change,.. it will fly forward for a few feet, then do an abrupt stop.

I have suddenly the same issue with my P4 Pro Plus. Updated latest firmware and flew a few times with no issue. Now when using auto take off it goes up 15 feet instead of the normal 4 feet. When in "P" mode max speed is 4.5 mph and when trying to descend max vertical speed is 0.3 feet a second. Beginner mode is off, not in tripod mode. Point of interest works. Have not tried any other flight mode other than sport mode and max speed is 28 mph in calm winds. Anyone have any ideas?

I have suddenly the same issue with my P4 Pro Plus. Updated latest firmware and flew a few times with no issue. Now when using auto take off it goes up 15 feet instead of the normal 4 feet. When in "P" mode max speed is 4.5 mph and when trying to descend max vertical speed is 0.3 feet a second. Beginner mode is off, not in tripod mode. Point of interest works. Have not tried any other flight mode other than sport mode and max speed is 28 mph in calm winds. Anyone have any ideas?
The 15 feet is because you have precision landing enabled. It has to reach 15 feet to take the pictures needed. Turn it off, and that goes away. The rest is likely more P4P+ bugginess!

OK, thanks for the info. I'll turn off precision landing and see if it does anything different. I'll update my findings, hoping to fly this afternoon.

Well, today was worse. on auto take off it went up 50 feet and was not responding to left stick to descend. I thought it was going to keep going when it stopped climbing at 50 feet. Still very slow in P mode, 4.5mph max speed. Need 40% or more left stick to descend at 0.3 feet per second. It's almost seems like it's stuck in tripod mode but it's not. I'm going to contact where I purchased it, hopeful they can help. Hopeful but not expecting much. Getting help from a seller or DJI is next to impossible. I'll advise what I find out.

Well, today was worse. on auto take off it went up 50 feet and was not responding to left stick to descend. I thought it was going to keep going when it stopped climbing at 50 feet. Still very slow in P mode, 4.5mph max speed. Need 40% or more left stick to descend at 0.3 feet per second. It's almost seems like it's stuck in tripod mode but it's not. I'm going to contact where I purchased it, hopeful they can help. Hopeful but not expecting much. Getting help from a seller or DJI is next to impossible. I'll advise what I find out.
Have you tried a cold IMU calibration yet? Are the IMU's and compasses both in the green zone on the sensor page of the app?

Yes I calibrated both IMU and compass before my last flight yesterday, outside and away from anything that could interfere. Both are in the green.
Exactly what is a "cold" IMU calibration?

Yes I calibrated both IMU and compass before my last flight yesterday, outside and away from anything that could interfere. Both are in the green.
HI just nother idea,,have you watched back you flight path data in dji app of what your sticks are doing,,they might need calibration,,,cold IMU I think is from first turn on,,,,I THINK,,,by sticks I mean they might not be 100%

Done while the aircraft is as cold as you can get it. However the temperature won't improve the accuracy, just shortens the boot up time to Ready to Fly. I'm out of ideas. Sounds like a buggy P4P+.

Issue solved! I use a gimbal guard and with no problems until I had it placed just a little to far back which got in the way of the downward looking sensors. Once I moved it up an inch all problems with control went away. Been flying with no problems now. Glad that was an easy fix.

Reactions: rahalpha
Issue solved! I use a gimbal guard and with no problems until I had it placed just a little to far back which got in the way of the downward looking sensors. Once I moved it up an inch all problems with control went away. Been flying with no problems now. Glad that was an easy fix.
Those well intended gimbal guards cause more problems! It's doubtful they really provide much protection in a crash (if the struts break, the gimbal guard won't stay in place to provide any protection), and they get in the way and make it impossible to use a normal case. My advice is learn to hand catch and get rid of it.:cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20