P3S 1.6.80 FW update as of 29 Aug 2016

Reaction score
I just wanted to get this on here to see if anyone else has received the FW update 1.6.80 today ?
After months of waiting for a fix for the range issue, is this the update that will solve it ?
I'll charge up & get it out for a fly today & post results but has anyone else got & tried this FW & what's the verdict?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-29-09-55-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-29-09-55-21.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 409
1.7.xx is what I thought to be rolling out end of August too but you can see from the screen grab it's 1.6.80
The current FW on my P3S is the P3C_FW_V01.07.0082 downloaded from one of the other threads & there has been no upgrade options on the DJi app for months until today.

The saga continues...................

Reactions: lafester
Well.. I am unhappy to report that whatever that update was, it did zero to the usability of the P3S & it's lack of range. After the update, it wanted the IMU calibrated & seemed to have an issue with the compass. Saying it had interference too close, I found a spot where there was no issue. I checked everything & calibrated & took off. Less than 50 feet in the air, the signal was already lost & I brought it down. [Bringing it down was iffy. It seemed to hang in the air with no response from the controller]
As far as I am aware, the compass has no damage & would not add to the loss of range issue we have experienced.
I guess there is no other option than to send it in for a check & repair or to sell it.

Subbed, I was also thinking it would be a different number. I went to 1.5.7 with no changes. Patiently waiting...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hi guys,just recieved my p3 standard today..

Now ive been reading about range issues and firmware issues and i must say im scared to even power on my drone!
Is this issue with every drone thats been updated? Ive seen ppl on youtube saying not to download the latest firmware? Im still unfamiliar with the whole updating process as im still learning abt the drone

What should i do / not do?

Tia

Read manual thoroughly, power it up, check everything works, set up app (ignore any app request to upgrade firmware), calibrate, test flight.

Not everyone has issues - plenty of videos and posts from happy owners with no range problems.

Reactions: ghook73

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor